AlphaSim releases older FS2004 models as freeware
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AlphaSim releases older FS2004 models as freeware

AlphaSim releases older FS2004 models as freeware

Alphasim has released four of their FS2004 subjects that have not been ported over to FSX as freeware. They have been uploaded to Avsim and Sim-Outhouse. Below is the list along with links to avsim. They should be available locally later today or tomorrow under the developer name of "AlphaOldies". You will need to be logged into Avsim to view and download from these links.

Lockheed C-141A/B Starlifter
    Includes three models and four texture sets.
    Complete cockpit with 2D panel/gauges and VC.
    http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=alpha_c-141_starlifter_fs9.zip

F3D Skyknight
    Includes four textures sets spanning periods from Korea to Vietnam.
    Complete cockpit with 2D panel/gauges, VC and an Advanced version.
    http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=alpha_f3d_skyknight_fs9.zip

Blackburn Firebrand MK IV/V
    Includes four models, four textures sets, two panels, and sounds.
    http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=alpha_blackburn_firebrand_fs 9.zip

Martin-Baker MB.5
    Includes three models, five textures sets, two panels, and sounds.
    http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=alpha_martin-baker_mb5_fs9.zip

:ernae:

Thanks Frank, there are some cracking models there. :ernae:

I bought the Firebrand when it came out and still fly it regularly.

Best wishes
    Steve P

Thanks Frank and Alpha!
    -John-

Thanks for the headsup Frank, and thanks to AS! Off to get checked out in a Firebrand.

Cool, been wanting the C-141 for awhile! Thanks for the HU!

nice , thanks for the heads up and many thanks to alphasim .
    "Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt."
    Mahatma Gandhi

those who would trade freedom in order to get safety deserve neither

Thanks Frank and Alpasim!!!:ernae:

I've wanted to try the C-141 for some time, AND there's quite a few repaints for it at flightsim.com. I know what I'll be doing tonight!:d

THANK YOU!
    "Even the best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there, and even then, they're still not sure."-- Frank Bama

pointy31
    Thanks to Frank and Alphasim. I almost bought the F3D a while back. A very generous act by a class act. Thanks... :ernae:

lilduckfoot2
    THANK YOU Frank and Alphasim!:ernae:

LDF :d

Thanks. Has anyone tried the C-141B in FSX? The C-141A works OK after I fixed the gauges but the B model does not display at all. The F-3D woks GREAT in FSX. Regards, Bob.

Thanks to Phil and the rest of the Alphasim crew for the early Christmas presents!

I always hated flying in the C-141 as it was pretty uncomfortable (either too hot or freezing cold) on long flights, particularly with inflight refuling and inflight rigging and JMPI of the parachutes and equpment. When the long awaited and eagerly sought parachute jump and blessed escape from the Starlifter finally came at the end of the flight, it was a relief. Now, I can fly in it in the comfort of my home with a cup of coffee and a nice 70 degree temperature.

Thanks again Alphasim!
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

The Great Pumpkin has arrived. I knew my patch was sincere as far as the eye can see.
    :costumes: :ernae: Thanks ever so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

You're all welcome but I'm only the messenger. Phil should get the credit for deciding to release them.
    :ernae:

Thanks Alphasim! Wonderful gifts!

Cees

Thank you Alphasim for releasing these early Christmas gifts to us!!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Thanks Alphasim! Appreciate the gesture!
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Will have to get the Firebrand and MB.5!

The Skyknight is a wonderful aircraft but can be a real pain to fly because the engines spool up very slowly; on the ground you will need to run it at full power for 2 or 3 minutes before releasing the brakes otherwise you will not find a runway long enough to take-off from!

:d
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post

The Skyknight is a wonderful aircraft but can be a real paint to fly because the engines spool up very slowly; on the ground you will need to run it at full power for 2 or 3 minutes before releasing the brakes otherwise you will not find a runway long enough to take-off from!

:d
    I discovered that this afternoon!:isadizzy:

:costumes:
    Cees

Fantasctic - A huge thank you to Alphasim

Many thanks Alpha! I d/loaded the MB.5, a very fine a/c, not well known in aviation history.

Thanks Frank and ALPHASIM!!:ernae:

I have been flying the Alpha M.B.5 for quite some time. There is a bit of history of how the British Government and the RAF played a role in NOT selecting the M.B.5. But as it was, the jet age was at hand and WWII skies over Europe were already being ruled by Mustangs, Thunderbolts and Spitfires of later marks.

The Firebrand is an unusual plane, to say the least, and really can't fly. Just that it's so ugly that the ground repells it. LOL!!:costumes: (No -- actually it is very beautifully reproduced in the AlphaSim Model). Glad Alpha released it as freeware, I was thinking about buying it a few months back.

Cheers -- BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Spranget
    THANK YOU!!!!! :ernae:

Thanks Alphasim. I seem to have run into a problem. Where is the airfiles ? Tryed the installer, no luck.

So Sorry, I reciently updated my Adobe reader. Took care of that. All is well . Cannot wait to try the Firebrand out !!!!!