Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Nope, I'm using 195.39 right now. Unless it has changes specific to FSX (which I doubt), I'll stick with what I have, no need to change if there's nothing in it for me.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

papab, loaded her up yesterday. Works great for me with Windows 7 64 bit. Still evaluating but no problems at all yet.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    papab, loaded her up yesterday. Works great for me with Windows 7 64 bit. Still evaluating but no problems at all yet.
    Thanks!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

New Nvidia drivers

I downloaded these a day ago. I am currently experiencing micro stutters again. I have found if I disable NHANCER and just use the default Nvidia latest driver these micro stutters are diminished.

I like the sharpness/crispness of the new drivers, but without Nhancer, the anistropic options are again not working, so it looks like I may have to downgrade back to the previous version.

The Jury is still out though, and I would like anyone else who has installed these to give some input as to whether they too are experiencing micro stutters, or is it just me, and therefore a red herring - the fault lying elsewhere?

Cheers

No problem with stutters for me. Seems to be working fine.

Spikehughes, no micro stutters or any kind of stutter. I actually am using the default setting from the control panel. No NHancer needed here.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Aaahhh, that could mean something else is coming into play. I did upgrade to this latest version without uninstalling the previous drivers...wonder if that has made a diff?

Thanks for the HU!

Let's see if they retain the awesome text sharpness introduced in the 195.81s...

Installed, no problem at all. Not using Nhancer. Great FPS.

System: Win7 64bits fsx sp2 - nvidia gtx285
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Well, 3D Mark 06 scores are a down a bit, 3D Mark Vantage is around the same, maybe slightly better.

Still need to test the drivers in FSX.

This is a good example of how different every single system is and how what works for one is never a guarantee that it will work the same way for anyone else, and what could be more inherently buggy than a "just released" driver.

Let me clarify that by "buggy" I'm referring to the fact that even though it's the same driver, every individual has it tweaked differently, so asking if anyone is having any problems with it, or sees any increase in fps or clarity really means nothing until you've installed and tweaked it to your system and then ran your own tests in FSX.

Some people swear by Nhancer, others ran it for awhile then turned it off, others never ran it and instead used the published tweaks for gaining a smoother running FSX. . .so many variations that relying on what someone else sees on their system is irrelevant.

Most of the time, when a revision comes out I look through the readme to see what's actually changed. . .in most cases the revisions are "game specific" and are geared primarily to FP Shooters and games in that genre. Seldom, if ever, do I see anything related to Flight Sim or anything that tells me that the changes incorporated in the latest driver will do anything to increase the playability off FSX.

"It's always a good idea to update your graphics driver". . . .maybe, maybe not. . .for me, if it ain't broke. . .don't fix it. That's my commentary for the day. Solely my own personal opinion (and everyone has one) and only my opinion.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Spikehughes View Post
    Aaahhh, that could mean something else is coming into play. I did upgrade to this latest version without uninstalling the previous drivers...wonder if that has made a diff?
    Do you actually have to uninstall the old? I just ran the new driver installer and assumed the old are automatically uninstalled.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Do you actually have to uninstall the old? I just ran the new driver installer and assumed the old are automatically uninstalled.
    Yep, same here Chief. . .on the few occasions that I do replace a driver, I simply run the installer and let it do what it needs to do.

Current System Specs:

Oh heck yeah you have to!

Most of the problems with new drivers are caused by improper update procedures. The best way to update is uninstalling the old driver, run a driver cleaning program and install the new driver.

I tend to get bad performance and other compatibility and display problems if I don't update properly.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Oh heck yeah you have to!

Most of the problems with new drivers are caused by improper update procedures. The best way to update is uninstalling the old driver, run a driver cleaning program and install the new driver.

I tend to get bad performance and other compatibility and display problems if I don't update properly.
    yup me also
    sometimes it does not overwrite the last one with all files
    and i have had many problems in the past
    better to completely delete the old
    reboot, clean, then reboot
    and install
    a large difference
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Yep allways uninstall from control panel,run driver sweeper in safe mode ,reboot and install new drivers.

Wellll,, yes and no. The reason why I had not uninstalled the prior Nvidia driver was that I have read from more than one "expert" that it is no longer necessary with the more recent 19x series. Be that as it may, I will probably go back thru the process and try a complete uninstall/reinsntall to try and clear these micro stutters. (boy can this get time consuming).

As for updating to more recent drivers or just leaving them at the most FSX friendly ones, that only applies to my mind, if you only enjoy FSX and just FSX. As for me, I like to participate (probably a little unhealthly) in gaming in general and as those who also follow this line would concur, each new game that hits the streets usually requires a recent driver to display in optimum mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikehughes View Post
    Wellll,, yes and no. The reason why I had not uninstalled the prior Nvidia driver was that I have read from more than one "expert" that it is no longer necessary with the more recent 19x series. Be that as it may, I will probably go back thru the process and try a complete uninstall/reinsntall to try and clear these micro stutters. (boy can this get time consuming).

As for updating to more recent drivers or just leaving them at the most FSX friendly ones, that only applies to my mind, if you only enjoy FSX and just FSX. As for me, I like to participate (probably a little unhealthly) in gaming in general and as those who also follow this line would concur, each new game that hits the streets usually requires a recent driver to display in optimum mode.
    Some experts are not as smart as they think.

SOH-CM-2024
    Moe had this in the Toy Room. Lots of new features for other games made SLI in the new drivers. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=30120

Unless I am installing a new card, I merely installed the new forceware drivers over the existing ones, have never had a problem using an existing nVidia card.

If I am installing a new video card, yes, uninstall all, do a driver sweep and install the new drivers.

I have installed these once I saw Moe's post and have had no difficulties.

If you are using nHancer (I do), I find it is best to uninstall it and reinstall for best performance after imstalling new forceware drivers.

Caz

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!!! HELP, HELP, HELP!!!
    I uninstalled the drivers using control panel. Don't know how to do a clean sweep. Then I tried to install the latest drivers. Now I get this error:
    "7-zip: Internal error, code 106". What the hell happened???
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!!! HELP, HELP, HELP!!!
    I uninstalled the drivers using control panel. Don't know how to do a clean sweep. Then I tried to install the latest drivers. Now I get this error:
    "7-zip: Internal error, code 106". What the hell happened???
    Okay, panic over. Son stops for visit...son fixes error...son gets dinner and a beer.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

My money is on a redownload of the driver package since 7zip can't unpack it properly.

Or , if you are using vista or window 7, you have not enabled administrator permissions?

And continuing along my earlier vein for those who might be interested, I have deinstalled nvidia 196 drivers, went into safe mode, used drive sweeper to clean out the Nvidia residue, reinstalled the 196 drivers, used the nvidia control panel and set global and Program settings to Default to appllication, relaunched Nhancer and set up FSX again and presto - smooth and crisp as.... (well as smooth as it is gonna get under windows 7 64bit).
    I do note the frame rates are down slightly from XP which I continue to run on another similar hard drive - down by 2-3 FPS, but in general I am happy

Okay, panic over. Son stops for visit...son fixes error...son gets dinner and a beer.

Always give beer to son, he watcheh over pc good man
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones