CH-37 :This would be interesting in FSX

Thread: CH-37 :This would be interesting in FSX

CH-37 :This would be interesting in FSX

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    I agree, Chief!

Charter Member 2011
    Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States, United States
    Thought that looked familiar. It's at the Ft Rucker Aviation Museum. They have a lot of interesting airframes there that would be nice rendered in FSX. Unfortunately the website doesn't have any photos, though they do have a text listing.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmm73 View Post
    Thought that looked familiar. It's at the Ft Rucker Aviation Museum. They have a lot of interesting airframes there that would be nice rendered in FSX. Unfortunately the website doesn't have any photos, though they do have a text listing.
    Yes, but the link I have in my original post does have a lot of photos!

There used to be one rotting away on KILG. It was painted red, white and blue. I think it said Keystone Helicopter on it. I thought the American Helicopter Museum got it, but can't find it on their website.

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    My most memorable mental image of this bird is a photo in my Dad's 173rd ABN yearbook from RVN, which he had used to sandwich a photo of a CH-37 which he stated had, "landed short..." He did not want to worry my Mom further by truthfully stating the bird had been shot down...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    There used to be one rotting away on KILG. It was painted red, white and blue. I think it said Keystone Helicopter on it. I thought the American Helicopter Museum got it, but can't find it on their website.

That would be the Boeing 360 Demonstrator from the late eighties, the American Helicopter Museum does indeed have it in their collection. Look up N360BV

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    That would be the Boeing 360 Demonstrator from the late eighties, the American Helicopter Museum does indeed have it in their collection. Look up N360BV
    I've got pics of that too. Somewhere. The CH-37 was more of a birds nest than anything else. It was between Dawn Aeronautics and runway 32-14. I'll have to dig out the pics and scan them in.

Saw one of these today at NAS Pensacola, and see that I had posted about this type of helo years back! NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	13614

I completely agree. I've wanted one of these for a long time. I would also like a good plastic model kit of it; though someone did make one not so long ago, but it wasn't one of the prime kit makers.