Just uploaded the Lebanese Air Force SM.79 repaint.

Thread: Just uploaded the Lebanese Air Force SM.79 repaint.

SOH-CM-2024

Just uploaded the Lebanese Air Force SM.79 repaint.

This repaint of Manuele Villa's beautiful Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 represents one of the last serving SM.79s in the world, those of the Lebanese Air Force, which flew them into the early 1960s after being formed in 1949. In the Lebanese Air Force, it served as a transport aircraft.

I have done four textures for this aircraft, 2 for FS9 and 2 for FSX, so please read the installation instructions carefully. You will need each version for each sim of Manuele's SM-79.

Caz

Retired SOH Administrator
    Damn Caz... that is some very nice work :ernae::ernae: ...thatnks for all the hard work you do for our enjoyment. Made it a sticky..Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

very very nice!
    Now, all we need is a native FSX version..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Very nice Cazzie!

How about a version with the deicer boots? The pics I have seen of the Lebanese versions all had them.

Link to the aircraft please! Really beautiful repaint...Thanks!

Steve in Kansas
    US Army Medical Department
    Retired Lieutenant Colonel

SOH-CM-2024
    Thanks a million Moses, I saved that. I have an old b & w photo of L-111 without de-icer boots, but the profiles I had for L-113 showed them. I may have to move the letter codes back a tad to do the boots correctly, but it is entirely possible. Look for an update soon, have to fix supper for the two chaps now.

LTCSZ, it will be in the Latest Downloads here at SOH soon. Tis the weekend, Douglas may have a head start! :ernae:

Caz

Thanks!
    US Army Medical Department
    Retired Lieutenant Colonel

Good deal Cazzie. Looking forward to it.

Note: I think the prop hubs were red on all three planes.

Check this out:

http://forums.lebanondefense.com/sho...d=2453#pid2453

Can't tell in this pic of L-111 unfortunately:

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Good deal Cazzie. Looking forward to it.

Note: I think the prop hubs were red on all three planes.
    I noted that Moses, but have not been able to find where they are on the main texture map or the others. Perhaps if Manuele is lurking about, he can tell me.

Thanks for that site, I noticed the lower windows also, but I do not know if I can do that as they as keyed to the Transport model file.

Caz

Some details about the Lebanon Air Force SM 79.

Those planes were in normal bomber configuration, retaining all the necessary
    devices, like sight, side windows, bomb bay doors and "trousers".
    No SM 79 was fitted with de-icing boots. Incompatible with full
    span leading edge slats.
    The black paint was a "decorative" element in the lower half of the slats.

Some images of the plane dispalyed at Caproni Air Museum, restored in the
    exact livery of its operative life.

alx

Melius esse quam videri

nice repaint and all that but why is it a sticky? shouldnt Stalin then also get a sticky everytime he releases a new repaint?:salute:
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

SOH-CM-2024
    ALX, that you and all the others.

The paint is the same for either, the bomber is controlled by a key to which model file to use. I shall have to correct the alpha for the windows and shall do that along with adding the black leading edge boots to the wings. If I can find the prop spinner hub, I shall paint it red.

Is my red and green deep enough. I used Italian Ivory White from the swathe at SimmersPaintShop for the overall color. I only had the transparent markings found there also as a key to the color to make my own. The transparency there had some bleed where the green circle met the outer red circle.

In FS9, it is easy, go to the aircraft.cfg and change the cfg entry to the below in bold and add the next number in line for the *.

[fltsim.*]
    title=SM79 LEBANESE SPARVIERO BOMBER
    sim=SM79bis
    model=bomber
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=lebanon
    kb_reference=SM79bis_ref
    ui_manufacturer=Savoia Marchetti
    ui_type=SM.79 Bis Sparviero/Transport
    ui_variation=Lebanese Air Force
    description=Some SM.79s were converted into various versions of utility transports during the last phases of the war and survived in that role until 1952.By Manuele Villa & ItalianWings ,February 2008.
    kb_checklists=
    atc_id_color=0000000000
    visual_damage=0

__________________________________________________ ___

In FSX, you must copy and paste the base texture in the Savoia Marchetti SM-79 MVG folder and paste it back and rename it texture.lebanon, do not use the Savoia Marchetti SM-79 Bis MVG.

Alter the aircraft.cfg in the same manner as above and add the next number in line.

shackalton, I guess it is a unique scheme and maybe Mike is part Lebanese. And if that is the case and he is like my buddy Cy Shiap, you might oughta just grin and except it.

Anyhow, look at it this way, had it not been made a sticky, I may have missed all this wonderful reference and correct information to supplement the meager reference I started from.

This is a community that helps each other and self gratification is not one of the measures we seek.

Caz

Nice photos alx. Didn't know the 79 had slats like that.

Thank you Moses. The SM 79 wing was very sofisticated (for that time of course).
    Also the ailerons contributed to increase lift at low speed. They changed
    their incidence according to the degree of flap extension, working as
    supplementary flaps.
    And all the structure was made of wood, designed in a way to be easily
    repaired also in case of heavy damage.
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

Anyone knows,where i can dl the SM79?
    Thanks
    Michael

SOH-CM-2024

Major alterations, please read.

Big Mike, FlightSim is where I got mine:

<center>FS2004 Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero SP1
    </center> <center> [ Download | View ] </center>
    Name: sm79_sp1.zip Size: 33,470,345 Date: 02-06-2008 Downloads: 1,929
    FS2004 Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero Service Pack 1 (v.02). It was the most important Italian bomber of World War II. This tough three-engined aircraft established a reputation that contrasted with most Italian weapons of the day. SM.79s served widely in the normal bombing role, but it is as a land-based torpedo bomber that the type deserves its place in military aviation history. In spite of its cumbersome appearance and outdated construction, with an internal provision for 2,750 lb (1,250 kg) of bombs, supplemented by under fuselage rack for a torpedo, the S.M.79 was a rugged, reliable multi-role medium bomber which did quite a bit of damage in the face of heavy opposition. About 1300 production models were built over a nine year period. The SM.79 had a distinctive 'hump' on the upper forward fuselage, which housed both the fixed forward-firing heavy machine-gun and the dorsal gunner's position. Its appearance earned the aircraft the nickname 'Gobbo Maledetto' ('Damned Hunchback'). During the last phases of the war the surviving SM.79s were converted into various versions of utility transports and used in that role until 1952. Includes four upgraded plus one new hi-res Gmax models (five different versions) featuring the usual moving parts, such as all flight controls, props pitch and leading edge flaps. Eleven different liveries (six R.A., one A.N.R., one I.C.A.F., one post-war A.M.I., two Spanish Nationalist Air Force). VC only. Created by Manuele Villa & ItalianWings.

<center>FSX Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero
    </center> <center> [ Download | View ] </center>
    Name: sm79_v01.zip Size: 28,303,812 Date: 01-18-2008 Downloads: 2,839
    FSX Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero v.01. The most important Italian bomber of World War II, this tough three-engined aircraft established a reputation that contrasted with most Italian weapons of the day, and it was flown with courage and skill. Complete aircraft with four different hi-res Gmax models (four different versions). Features the usual moving parts, such as all flight controls, prop pitch and leading edge flaps. Six different liveries (two Regia Aeronautica, one A.N.R./R.S.I., two Spanish Nationalist Air Force, one Italian Co-Belligerant Air Force). VC only. Created by Manuele Villa.

For those that downloaded my transports, I have made a new set of textures that I shall upload shortly I got confused myself! It is a bomber, so it should go in the M folder, not the Bis.

There were so many alterations that needed be done to the cfg info too and I just got around to correcting all that!

Anyhow, if one uses the bomber version, it is going to have spinners, the real thing was a bomber and did not have spinners. The good part is I can paint the spinners red.

I have revised all of the texture to have the black wing leading edges and red spinners.

Here is the correct revised cfg info for both FSX and FS9, change the * to the correct number of course.

[fltsim.*]
    title=SM79 LEBANESE SPARVIERO BOMBER
    sim=SM79M
    model=bomber
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=lebanon
    kb_reference=SM79M_ref
    ui_manufacturer=Savoia Marchetti
    ui_type=SM.79 Sparviero/Bomber
    ui_variation=Lebanese Air Force
    description=This is an SM-79 used as a transport aircraft by the Lebanese Air Force from 1949 until the early 1960s. they were the last SM-79s used operationally. By Manuele Villa , January 2008. Repaint by Caz Dalton, January 2010.
    atc_id_color=0000000000
    visual_damage=0

Sorry, guys it's a wonder I edited the paint with the confused frazzle my brain has been in this weekend with a new video card issue.

Caz

Here at the library (search for "sparviero") or at Flightsim.

Hi Cazzie & Friends,
    Cazzie, You made a real good work !!!!
    Just a note for MOSES03 and ALX:
    MOSES03:
    The SM.79 had NO de-icer system at all, the "boots" you see in the pics are simply the black painted slats.
    ALX:
    Only the wings were wooden construction, the fuselage had a steel pipes structure covered in aluminium and canvas.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here..... after a very long time I decided to write down and thank Manuele for his amazing SM79. It is a real gem.
    A long time ago I found some screens of the racer version posted by him.... I mean the one without the hunch. Well, the question is "is it still on the way?"

Cazzie thank you, very nice skin. I am going to dl it...

Quote Originally Posted by bettorosso View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here..... after a very long time I decided to write down and thank Manuele for his amazing SM79. It is a real gem.
    A long time ago I found some screens of the racer version posted by him.... I mean the one without the hunch. Well, the question is "is it still on the way?"

Cazzie thank you, very nice skin. I am going to dl it...
    Hi Bettorosso,
    I suspended the SM79C (the racer) modelling and, at this moment, I don't know when (and "if") I'll restart the work......

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Bettorosso,
    I suspended the SM79C (the racer) modelling and, at this moment, I don't know when (and "if") I'll restart the work......
    I understand.... ok
    I know you are working on other projects.... (BA65.... looks )
    :ernae: