planes on decks

Thread: planes on decks

scruff

planes on decks

hi everyone.im scruff,and new to cfs2.does anyone know how to place static aircraft with folded wings etc on to a carrier?

There's this from B24Guy...

Carrier Multi-Aircraft Take Off Tutorial. This process will place a virtual runway over the flight deck of the aircraft carrier, and allow wingmen or groups of AI aircraft, to populate or take off, from the carrier deck.

To make things easy, I created a new airbase in the airbase.dat file, (located in the CFS2\INFO folder.).

1. Create entry in airbase.dat file.

(You can have more then one just increase xxx numbers and change name)

Here is Data for the Airbases.dat file. Fill in the XXX with the next numbers in sequence and do not delete the little square eof marker.

[runway.xxx]
    id=xxxx
    name=Fake runway one
    heading=40
    allegiance=0
    units_across=1
    base_lat=N6* 8.70'
    base_lon=E135* 4.68'
    base_alt=+64
    takeoff_start_pos=28,0
    takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
    landing_start_pos=5000,350
    landing_touchdown_pos=5,0
    landing_stop_pos=150,0

2. Build mission with yourself taking off from carrier.(Start with two wingmen)
    (Make sure starting speed of carrier is zero.)

(Try to make the starting heading of the Carrier either North, South, East ,or West.)

This will make things easier when you decide to advance from here.

3. Fly mission, PAUSE, then Hit Shift-Z, and write down starting info. IE- lat, lon, alt, heading.

4. Exit mission Builder.

5. Edit the new "Fake runway one" airbase entry that you placed in the "airbase.dat" file. (use data from step 3)

6. Restart mission builder and load mission.

7. Change takeoff from "Name of Carrier" to "Fake runway one" airbase.

8. Save and Exit

9. Enjoy

Note: If the carrier speed is greater than 20 knts. your wingmen will start their takeoff roll as soon as you start your engine.

B24Guy

P.S. I some how left out the allegiance=0 section of the airbase entry.
    I hope this has not caused anyone any problems.
    Last edited by The B24 Guy : 22nd July at 03:51.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...I toil in the shadow of Masters...

RTB ...Blue Devil ...Out.

scruff
    thank you very much,i will try it.

Hi Scruff, welcome to the CFS2 forum, I hope you enjoy visiting, there's a wealth of information here and we're only too happy to share,
    Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

scruff
    thanks watchdog22.i only got the game recently and am hooked.im using my girlfriends pc as i dont have one so im not really familiar with all the jargon etc.not quite sure how to get some planes ive downloaded to work but im learning.all help greatfully recieved.thanks.

Advanced activity...

Hey scruff, ...

If you're new to CFS2, ...this activity (A/C on the deck) is not native to the prog. and a pain to do.

CFS2 can do many very cool and realistic things, ...but this ain't one'of'em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

scruff
    ok.i did try though but i couldn get into the airbase folder,,wouldnt let me.thanks again.er i downloaded a n5b2 type 12 kate but it hardly flys,very slow to turn,climb or dive.also no front guns.any ideas?

CFS2 according to Blue Devil:

1. Go to Netwings.org and down-Load and install All the AvHistory 1% aircraft in the nationalities you want.

2. Down-Load and install All of the B24Guy model overhauls for the MicroSoft model 1% and original CFS2 aircraft. (a lot of the 1% aircraft use the CFS2 models)

The first two of two-thousand...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    ok.i did try though but i couldn get into the airbase folder,,wouldnt let me.thanks again.er i downloaded a n5b2 type 12 kate but it hardly flys,very slow to turn,climb or dive.also no front guns.any ideas?
    As with many files in CFS2, you have to right click the icon and choose "open with." then, choose the program you want to open it with, which will have to be either notepad or wordpad.

Since you are new, you need to spend some time getting familiar with the files and folders in CFS2. Most of us love this sim because it is modifyable. You become familiar with the system of organization in CFS2 and learn to modify it by carefully following the instructions given in the readme files of the various downloads.

For instance, downloading a few planes and paying attention to what goes in each folder teaches you a lot about file structure. Also, try this, open up the ___.dp, and aircraft.cfg files with notepad and look through the entries. There are a lot of entries here that can be changed to effect flight characteristics, weapons systems, and the various visual and audio effects that the planes exhibit under different circumstances. But before you change anything, make sure to backup or make a copy of the original file.

scruff
    thanks for that,nice one.will check it out.