~My Picture of the Day~

Thread: ~My Picture of the Day~

~My Picture of the Day~

With Christmas comes memories of times past. Memories of family & friends, and also memories of our most loved pets.

So I dedicate "My Picture of the Day" to my beloved golden retriever, Ranger. Ranger was with us for 18 years, at which time, sadly he had to be put the sleep because of old age.

He was the best dog I ever had, he was a loyal friend, a family member, often times my confidant.

Ranger LOVED playing in the water as well as the snow.

I miss him~

Happiness Consultant
    He looks like he was a loyal and fun loving buddy. Of all the animals, sorry, Pets I've had in my life there are those that stand out.

Ranger looks like he made the grade!!

Thanks for sharing C9G ...
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Blog Entries
    What is it about dogs that bring out the love and loyalty in us? Maybe it is because they give and ask very little of us? Ranger looks like a dog who quickly became a companion and part of your family.

It is dogs like Ranger that beckon of stories like Lassie, Rin Tin Tin and King, the faithful companion of Sgt Preston RCMP. Anyone who has benifited from the love of a dog like Ranger can identify with your feelings.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

SOH-CM-2024
    Bad girl C9G, making that adorable pooch shovel your snow!

Labs are the most affectionate dogs I know of, You did get another one, didn't you?

They love the water and snow, because true labs have webbed feet and two layers of hair like seals, so the temperate of the water (or snow) does not matter and they are true swimmers with four snow shoes built-in.

Caz

Awww you guys are sweet! I so loved that dog!

Caz ~yes, I got another dog, another golden, not a lab. His name was Chandler. We had him 2 years and had to put him to sleep as well. He had bone cancer.

This is a picture of Chandler:

Ah yes, our beloved dogs....
    C9, I had a golden when I was a kid - loved her to death....

Now I have a 11yr old chocolate lab whom I'm afraid doesn't have that many years to look forward to ...

Speaking of dogs...this is a video I'd like to share. I rarely ever cry during movies, I think when I saw Titanic in the 2nd grade is the last time I cried, but this 6 min documentary hurt me so bad. Having to put a pet down is the hardest thing ever, but if they are in pain, it's the right thing to do.

warning, do not watch where anyone can see you at the risk of looking like a sissy...

http://www.vimeo.com/8191217

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Ah yes, our beloved dogs....
    C9, I had a golden when I was a kid - loved her to death....

Now I have a 11yr old chocolate lab whom I'm afraid doesn't have that many years to look forward to ...
    Panther,

My pedigree Chocolate, pedigree name Holly, though known more commonly as "The Big Brown Truck" or simply "Truck" is ten going on eleven. She is in relative good health except overweight I am afraid, they just don't exercise at ten like they did at eight. She is beginning to have hip problem, most likely paying for all those squirrels she run down and the combination of the excessive weight. She is the most affectionate dog I have ever had. If people loved all people like "Truck" loves all people, we would have a so much better society. This dog literally reeks in devotion and love.

Caz

Beautiful dog Cazz & not a speck of gray hair! (Mine has a facefull of gray..)

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Beautiful dog Cazz & not a speck of gray hair! (Mine has a facefull of gray..)
    That shot is about two years old Panther, she is starting to get the gray hair now. That is her cat, Puddin' Head. She claimed him as a kitten, they are inseparable today.

Caz

My house is controled by a "lowrider". Long but low

She´s about 13 years old by now, but no sign of age. Still wild like a mad puppy, but also stuborn like a donky! On the pic she´s with her "aunts" getting their share of cat-TV.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    My house is controled by a "lowrider". Long but low

She´s about 13 years old by now, but no sign of age. Still wild like a mad puppy, but also stuborn like a donky! On the pic she´s with her "aunts" getting their share of cat-TV.

Alex
    No way, your house is control by the door sentinels!

Caz

No way, your house is control by the door sentinels!
    I put it this way: They own the house, we pay the rent and are the "tinopeners".

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!