Love weather effects....a few shots

Thread: Love weather effects....a few shots

Love weather effects....a few shots

Just amazed at what we have to play with and just how far we have come with this hobby. I remember not long ago I wanted to be emersed in the weather. Can't get more emersed than this! Third and fourth shot I was trying to fly under the weather and almost did some clear cutting...1st and 2nd shot over the Olympic mountains in Washington with peaks sticking above the storm clouds. If anyone has any more shots of weather moments that make you go "WOW" please add. By the way I am using REX.

Jim

Great atmospheric shots!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Awesome pics!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Great shots, Jim!
    Some of mine

Nice Carvalho and I really like of course the 2nd shot with the C-130...my favorite time to fly!!

Jim

cbreeze
    Jim,

Great screen shots.

I just got a new computer that does a really great job of running FSX with most of the sliders maxed out. I am starting to buy some add ons and want something to improve the weather. I am trying to decide between REX and Active Sky. Been lookng close at REX but it appears that it still has some issues. Major one being load times. I don't have a lot of time to spend tweaking my computer or software getting it to run so I would like something to load and go. Could you please share your user experiences with REX? That would be the one I would prefer to get. Like with your screen shots, the clouds look awesome.

Thanks,

cbreeze

Quote Originally Posted by cbreeze View Post
    Jim,

Great screen shots.

I just got a new computer that does a really great job of running FSX with most of the sliders maxed out. I am starting to buy some add ons and want something to improve the weather. I am trying to decide between REX and Active Sky. Been lookng close at REX but it appears that it still has some issues. Major one being load times. I don't have a lot of time to spend tweaking my computer or software getting it to run so I would like something to load and go. Could you please share your user experiences with REX? That would be the one I would prefer to get. Like with your screen shots, the clouds look awesome.

Thanks,

cbreeze
    Rex2 is the only weather add on that I have used. I waited I think a year for this one to come out. I was almost sold on others but Tim kept on teasing us with the gorgeous shots of clouds and water. Ok to answer your question.
    1<SUP>st</SUP> After you install Rex2 you will be selecting your different textures, cloud types and so forth. When you install these they do take about 6 min. (at least on my rig it does) . So, if you like changing things about you will have to go through this step each time.
    2<SUP>nd</SUP> Once they are installed and you like your setting … no need to go back to this step.
    For me, I like my setting the way they are and no need to go into the Rex2 control center. So when I start my FSX , Rex2 activates in the background. Then it waits for me to select my location of flight. Once I have selected and hit fly now..Rex2 begins gathering info for that area. The one thing you might not like is that you need to sit there on the tarmac for about 20 sec. to 1 min (I should say here that in the configuration manager you have a setting that will effect this wait time. It is a slider to set the range for weather updates in flight simulator...60nm on up to 300nm. I have mine set up for 300nm) for weather to load into sim. So you might be sitting there and its sunny at first then a green bar appears above letting you know Rex2 is loading weather into sim and then …..Gorgeous clouds!! Hope this helps
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Jim

A couple more...fire in the sky and some high clouds

These are with Fex
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

These are with Fex Double post sorry
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Nice shots dharris, even in the double post..lol...worth looking at them twice.

Jim

cbreeze
    Jim,

Thank you for the response. Well, your comments about the load times put me a little bit more at ease. Gonna kick this around just a bit more but looks like REX is the way to go.

Thanks again,

cbreeze