Reducing collisions

Thread: Reducing collisions

Reducing collisions

Guys,

Is there a way to reduce the number of air-to-air collisons in CFS2? I can't seem to go a close 'canopy-to-canopy' as I think I should be able to.

Thanks in advance for the help,

MARC
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Get Mdlc (by archisoft) and Mk_mdlc (by Morton). Install Mdlc in a user-created folder on your C drive and drop Mk_mdlc in also. Run Mk_M and select 'Z/ Set visual model size' and set the size -- 5 or 6 is best for fighters. Uncheck the box that reads 'Hide DOS Mdlc window' and punch the 'Start conversion' button. Your treated aircraft in the selection window will now appear much larger, but they will also be able to get much closer in the knife fights.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks bearcat!

In one of my McGuire missions he and an Oscar swapped paint, actually, wing tip to wing tip in a headon "chicken" fight. McGuire won.

His crew chief back at 14 Mile airbase had some words with him over the IJAAF Oscar green paint on his wing.

I am going to try to get that close once I do what you have said.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Got this from older threads in this forum:

Quote Originally Posted by SHESSI in SOH Forums
    There is an easier way to affect the collision bubble for ALL aircraft without having to change each aircraft.

Go into your main CFS2 folder and there near the middle you will find your cfs2.CFG (Back up a copy of this to a safe place).
    Open the cfg file in notepad and go to the 'edit' drop-down and click on 'find'. Enter 'collision' and search for it. There is only one entry. You will it is set to 2 secs, change this to -1 (minus one), save and exit.

What this does is give you longer (and IMHO a more realistic proximity to the other ac) inside the the collision bubbles before exploding. I found this a good balance and if you want more just increase to a larger minus number.

That tweak was introduced for multiplay action back in the Zone days, but for whatever reason it doesn't work that well in single player action. I've had that entry tweaked in my cfg for years with dismal results -- maybe yes maybe no. That's why i use the method prescribed above. It works 100%.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Where are they?

Bearcat, please tell us where to find those programs? Mdlc and mk_mdlc ? A search did not show them - but I think we all could benefit from your tricks.
    Finn

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Look No Farther...

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Don't be afraid to set the mdlc visual model size even lower. I have all my small fighters set to 4. The thing is, the collision bubble is just that . . . a bubble. You cannot really cheat yourself in offline play. If it took the actual shape of the airplane it could be better defined.

Finn

In answer to your question I found what Bearcat referred to here;
    http://www.fswarbirds.com/index.php?...ities&Category=