Mods
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mods

Mods

OK How about comparing Mods for those of us that have tried them? I have 6 installed right now between Reunion and Terran Conflict, and I am finding some wonderful stuff. I have to hit the hay right now but for starters I just started with a new mod called DDTC, it is nothing short of AMAZING. More details tomorrow, but as a teaser there are 8 Starwars ships and some BSG as well as a couple from Wing Commander, the model work and background enhancements are just stunning... pics to follow.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    This should be interesting Mike. Good topic.

Unfortunately, I havent put any major mods into mine yet. I am still working out freight and organizing my fleet of freighters.

If and when I do go with a Mod, it will probably be Apricot first. (Probably).

I was parusing the Egosoft XUniverse forums the last two nights (looking for trade program scripts) and noticed a couple of Vanilla Malt management programs. It would be cool to have something that manages my versions installations so I do not get them confused and get them messed up.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I installed the XTend mod for TC last night... and only got as far as the opening with game saves. From that alone it looked awesome. You'll read elsewhare why I didn't continue on and play.

One request on mods. Could you post a link to them and their downloads too?

And Bill, those Vanilla Malt management programs sound like something we could all use for more than one install. I'm interested in that.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

OK folks I am working on a kind of Review of the Mods I am playing, I am thinking it might be a good sticky when I finish it - sound like a plan Bill?

I will compose it of off line over the weekend and try to get the main post ready for Sunday.

Here's the plan, quick description of Mods vs Scripts, list of Mods, download links and basic install instructions seperated by version i.e. 1) X3 Reunion, 2) X3 Terran Conflict.

Any other thoughts on this idea?
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Ooooo! This sounds like it's going to be a great thread! I had my World of Warcraft game so full of add-ons that I was adjusting and configuring them more than I was playing. A geek is a geek and always shall be a geek.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    This should be interesting Mike. Good topic.

Unfortunately, I havent put any major mods into mine yet. I am still working out freight and organizing my fleet of freighters.

If and when I do go with a Mod, it will probably be Apricot first. (Probably).

Bill
    Bill check out the instructions I posted for GT182, it is fairly stright forward to make a copy of the game you are playing and Mod the copy, that way you don't have a lot of messign around to go back to the Vanilla, just copy & renme the program folder and do the same ith the Save folder and do all your messing about on the copy.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's too bad that the modded copy can't have it's own Saves folder separate from the Vanilla Saves. Is there any way to make it possible? My Copy of TC that now has the XTend mod in it still saves to the Vanilla.
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    It's too bad that the modded copy can't have it's own Saves folder separate from the Vanilla Saves. Is there any way to make it possible? My Copy of TC that now has the XTend mod in it still saves to the Vanilla.
    You can keep seperate Save Folders, there are 2 ways I know of 1 is to use a manual method (that is what I am doing) it is simply a matter of making a copy of the current folder and then manually renaming it to the Mod name i.e. Save - Xtended, then just before you start the modded copy rename your Vanilla Save folder to something else and rename the -Xtd folder to SAVE, and do the opposite if you switch back. That is what I have done from the start, it's a nusance but it works for me. The other way is to use the Cycrow Mod Manager, there is a feature in there to keep seperate Save folders (I believe all it does is make a backup and do the remaning for you) it apparently will take care of everythign as long as you use th eMod Manager to switch games, I have not tried this method but there are instructions in the manual and on the Help page of the program.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok Mike, I'll give that a try. Thanks.
    Gary -

Just found this, the Apricot Salvage Mod. http://apricotmappingservice.com/salvage.html

Seeing I'm not getting too far with trading, not a great shot, harrass other ships with an occasional stray shot... unintended of course; I'm think of going into the salvage buisness. It's one way to see the X3R Universe and do something constructive. I hope.
    Gary -

Just found this, the Apricot Salvage Mod. http://apricotmappingservice.com/salvage.html

Seeing I'm not getting too far with trading, not a great shot, harrass other ships with an occasional stray shot... unintended of course; I'm think of going into the salvage buisness. It's one way to see the X3R Universe and do something constructive. I hope.

Good choice GT, I run the full mapping service Mod and it is excellent he has put together some excellent stuff.

BTW my Mod review is still a WIP, the wife had me doing Xmas stuff most of the weekend so I did not get as much done as I would have liked. I hope to get more finished today and post the first installment tonight or tomorrow.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got the Full Mapping Service also Mike. Wondering tho if both mods can be run at the same time?

I sure wish the Mod installer for Silent Hunter III would work with this.... that made installing mods and multipul mods so easy. Copy/Paste, one click and it was done.
    Gary -

GT If I am not mistaken the Salvage service is already included in the full Apricot Mapping Service Mod, it is one of the new starts you can choose when you install the full mod. I would have to go back and check to be sure but I believe I see it listed in the manual.

Regarding the installer, the Cycrow Plug in Manager does a very good job at managing mods and addon's it will take care of keeping seperate game saves for you, I had some issues with that app on my system and I was always a "DIY" kind of guy so I have not messed with it much but do check it out it does work very well, and it is on the Appricot Page.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well Mike, I did finally get Cycrow's Plug in Manager to work and install the mod. Works rather well too.

The only thing I still can't find is how to claim all those ships I'm seeing. I haven't found a manual on it of key stokes to do it.... yet. And man 'o man, is there a lot of em. Pizza...I like it! LOL
    Gary -

Well Mike, I did finally get Cycrow's Plug in Manager to work and install the mod. Works rather well too.

The only thing I still can't find is how to claim all those ships I'm seeing. I haven't found a manual on it of key stokes to do it.... yet. And man 'o man, is there a lot of em. Pizza...I like it! LOL

GT I was just about to post the 1st installment of my "Mods I have Know" topic, and it may be useful to you, the quick answer to your problem is probably 2 things - Do you have the Script Editor Activated? (if not check my next post) and - have you assigned a key to the Apriocot Claim/Salvage software, that enables you to claim a ship without doing the whole space walk thing. I have it assigned to F12 so it is a one touch deal. Once you have the script editor activated go into the main menu and select Controls and then Interface, scroll down until you find Apricot Claim Software and assign a key to that function, then go back to profiles and save your changes and you are all set, find a free ship, select it as your traget and hit the assigned key and poof Control is transfered.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried last night until I was blue in the face and couldn't get it to work. Will try again later on. Maybe I'm using the wrong editor..... X3PM Script Packager v2.10..... I don't have have an Editor that I can see.

Plus these:
    Plugin Manager Installer
    Plugin Manager Ship Creator
    SPK Explorer
    Gary -

I’m not really sure where to post this at, so I guess this will do just fine.

Today I completely uninstalled everything, and started over from scratch.
    I was having some problems with massive loading times, and X3 being buggy.

Therefore, I would like to thank everybody for all the tips, tricks and advice on where to put what where and ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I’m not really sure where to post this at, so I guess this will do just fine.

Today I completely uninstalled everything, and started over from scratch.
    I was having some problems with massive loading times, and X3 being buggy.

Therefore, I would like to thank everybody for all the tips, tricks and advice on where to put what where and ect.
    Marlin, here is a good tip (well it has worked for me), install fresh and test everything then if it works just the way you like it including any base mods liek the cockpits - Burn the ...\Program Files\Ergosoft\X3 Terran Conflict (or \X3 Reunion) folder as is to a DVD, that way you have a properly configured program folder you can load back up any time you wish. I have done this with my Vanilla games and 3 of the Mods and I have reloaded a couple of time, it does save the reinstall process.

As far as I can tell there are very few if any registry entries except possibly the Shortcuts and Start Menu entries so reinstalling is really a matter of copying and unpacking the stuff from the DVD.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    For any newbies that get into this game, get the Mod that adds 3D Cockpits. You wont be sorry.

:d

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    For any newbies that get into this game, get the Mod that adds 3D Cockpits. You wont be sorry.

:d

Bill

Finally my question has been answered! I have been looking at this sim and at images for the last few weeks, really looks immersive and the stargate/portal type thing is what really got me excited being a modder and a big SGA fan. While all the images I have seen look great, I have not seen any cockpit shots. So I take it that cockpits are not standard with the sim? can pits be developed like VCs for FSX?

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    So I take it that cockpits are not standard with the sim? can pits be developed like VCs for FSX?

Hey Michael,

Yes.

There is a SDK and tutorial for the package, and it uses Max and Gmax, and you can import the ships from the package and change them around to your likening.

I havent dug deep enough to find the VC models yet. I would like to see how they do the instruments on them. Some cool animations.

Note: There arent clickable's in the VC's. When you install the VC's over, there are about 14 different versions of pits, and they are used in 'all' of the various ships, so some ships will have the same VC's, but be totally different on the outside, but hey... its a VC, lol..

Bill

MCDesigns
    Thanks Bill, good to know. I can do without clickable, I just want a realistic view out of the cockpit I develop.

man, there just isn't enough hours in a day. I have SIMS3, ARMAII, DCS Blackshark, FSX, ROF all installed and calling me to play and mod, plus MOH Modern Warfare 2 sitting on the desk waiting and now this, arrgghh!!

Michael, be prepared to be hooked as to where the other sims will be put on hold..... IF you really like this one. It is different by far, and addictive. It is sort of a stratagy sim..... I never liked or played them but this has me hooked. Life as you know might end up not being the same. This is as close as you can get to The Outer Limits. LOL
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Thanks Bill, good to know. I can do without clickable, I just want a realistic view out of the cockpit I develop.

man, there just isn't enough hours in a day. I have SIMS3, ARMAII, DCS Blackshark, FSX, ROF all installed and calling me to play and mod, plus MOH Modern Warfare 2 sitting on the desk waiting and now this, arrgghh!!
    Michael, there are a couple of Cockpit Mods, I consider them essential to enjoying the game I could never get used to flying with out some fixed reference. I posted in the Beginner Tips topic the link and some instruction on installing the mod, and there are some great topics on the Ergosoft and Xuniverse boards on Modding so you can have a ball...

Do I have to type it... and "Another one bytes the dust"...lol

Mike "Ears Hopin" P
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Michael, here's a screenshot of my Saber cockpit from the PSCO1 Cockpot Mod, just to give you a taste.
    Gary -