This question deserves to be found by others looking for the same help so I made it its own thread.
First the basics which apply to all approved Simulators.
- You need to save your default flight at an airport in your time zone. This helps keep the time accurate in the sim for the race.
- The Default flight must contain settings for Real World Weather.
- Choice of aircraft is basically unimportant but you might be better choosing a simple plane rather than a system complicated plane.
The realism settings for FSX and FS9 (the Sim-Outhouse way) See attached images.
- The thing to check is make sure you click on the little arrow to the right of the slider. It can be at 99% and look like 100% which would make it fail the test.
- Auto mixture is OK I just have it turned off.
- Weather Settings make sure you have Down load winds Aloft checked and uncheck disable turbulence.
All other sliders for scenery and clouds place them where you can get good frame rates in the Simulator.
OK so now its all set up. Don't start a flight exit FS and start it again. Confirm all the settings. If they did not take change them back shut down and start again.
That should fix the problem.