Iris PC-9

Thread: Iris PC-9

Iris PC-9

I have been thinking about getting this add-on and have been wondering if it has any repaints of the Texan II in this package. I dont have FSX so there Texan II package wont work for me. Any thoughts on the PC-9 and answer to my question would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Andrew

I've got both the PC-9 and TExan II for FS9. There are a lot of repaints available, and you can convert any made for FSX. They hit my framerates a little, but I have an older machine and video card.

--WH

I have the PC-9 for FS9, and it does well on my older Falcon Northwest system. It is an excellent visual model and a good flyer. The VC is superb. Well worth the money I spent.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Agreed. The only "problem" is that you can't buy it directly from Iris; they have aparently stopped developing for FS2004. I think I saw it last for sale at the FS Pilot shop and PC Avaiator. Good aircraft though.

Check flightsim.com for repaints for example. I noticed almost 30.

Check that. I was thinking the T-6. Iris stopped selling the T-6 for FS2004. Bummer.

The PC-9 is excellent...I have both as well; I know there are a number of paints for the PC-9, but i am unsure if any are 'american' paints....

Yes I saw that the Texan is no longer available for FS9. I figured I would just use the PC-9 since it is basically the same airplane. Of course with no paints that is a problem.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    The PC-9 is excellent...I have both as well; I know there are a number of paints for the PC-9, but i am unsure if any are 'american' paints....
    There is one "American" repaint for the PC 9. Andy Nott did a paint of a pair of U.S. Army Evaluation PC 9s. The rest cover, South Africa, Ireland, Taiwan, and other users of the PC 9/7 family.

@WAD3 - Don't let Beechcraft hear you say that.