Military Stinsons L-1 and L-5

Thread: Military Stinsons L-1 and L-5

Military Stinsons L-1 and L-5

Anyone know of any FSX capable USAAF Stinson L-1 or L-5. There is a payware Piper L-4, but that's not what I am digging for. The L-1 and L-5 were extensively used in the WWII China-Burma-India theaters for Medevac and Liason.

Best

Alex

Charter Member 09
    All I want is a L-2. Everyone's crazy about the L-4 but I saw more of the L-2's flying in WWII. In the CAP we flew them out of Plum Island looking for Subs. Eisenhower's private ship was an L-2. Why somebody doesn't make one is a mystery to me. Perhaps it's easy to the color a J-3 Cub Olive Drab and call it an L-4. Plus the canopy must be hard to model.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

jetjerry
    I would love to see an L-1 or L-5 for FSX!

The only real L-1 I know of resides in Kapowsin, WA.

I have flown a real L-5 and it is a great airplane! The most perfectly balanced airplane I ave ever flown.

I used to own a Stinson 108-3. Loved it!

Jerry A.

Charter Member 09
    Here's a picture of my metalized 108-2 taken in 1961, "The Flying Station Wagon". It had a 180 HP Franklin and would fly hands off. Those slotted wings darn near gave it STOL capabilities. 18F had no bad habits. I really liked the airplane and wonder why they don't build them like that anymore
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

max_thehitman
    That is a GREAT Classic!
    I would Love to see more of these planes fly around :ernae:

I'm going to dig this thread up because I'm wondering if anyone knows of one yet (Stinson L-5 or OY-1).

I've recently been presented with the opportunity to help restoring an OY-1 that was a veteran of Iwo Jima (it served with VMO-5), and was curious if I would be able to reproduce it in FSX (or FS9). (I only will be able to help a little bit, but its probably as much as I would be able to do with WWII aircraft, especially around here. Except for that Mustang, so I guess I can't really say that...)

Brian

(Edit 1 - OK,just tried the CFS2 L-5B, which says it can be modified to work in FS2K and 2K2! in FSX, I get the "can't display model" message, then the screen compresses to 2/3 height. Think I remember the workaround for the screen height, but is there a secret to displaying it in FSX, or am I out of luck?)

(Edit 2 - likely out of luck - missing spinner in FS9. It is 11 years old, after all. Maybe I'll have to install X-Plane again - looks like a nice one is available for XP9)

I would be curious to this also, particularly the L-5. We have one here local...

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com