Facebook now used to determine ...

Thread: Facebook now used to determine ...

Happiness Consultant

Facebook now used to determine ...

Insurance payout claims. At least in Canada ...

Ooops.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

haha, some people are completely stupid...

All my employees use facebook as well and most added me as their friends. It's interesting to see how they behave outside of work. Now i know my shy and quite secretary goes out clubbing in mini-skirts pretty much every night...lol But of course what they do on their own time is their business....it'll never effect the way i think of them at work.

-feng

Quote Originally Posted by FengZ View Post
    But of course what they do on their own time is their business....it'll never effect the way i think of them at work.

-feng

...right

thedude247
    Regardless of whether or not this is true or not, I can't believe some people actually listen to Fox News in the first place?????

There have also been reports by all of the major news media that an increasing number of prospective employers are now using a candidate's Facebook, Twitter and website postings as a "reality check" against information provided on resumes and formal employment applications...

Many of those who might have otherwise received an offer of employment have suddenly found themselves derailed because of "unflattering" pictures, comments, etc. that are out there on the World Wide Wasteland.

Every word one posts is like ringing a bell; once rung, it can never be unrung.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Governments, businesses and other interested parties used to have to go well out of their way to collect information on individuals, often at great effort, expense, and questionable means. Now folks just step up on stage and volunteer. It's like an all you can eat buffet for intelligence and smut gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude247 View Post
    Regardless of whether or not this is true or not, I can't believe some people actually listen to Fox News in the first place?????
    It's the only one to listen to
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

If you had taken the time to look, you would've seen that it was an Associated Press story.

NoNewMessages
    This reminds me of the gal I use to work with who went on disability because of her back or feet, been a while! She got her checks every month up until one of the bosses spotted a real estate ad on the back page of a big newspaper and there was Judy's picture as one of the top producers.

Best I can remember, she never inquired as to why the disability checks stopped showing up...

Yeah right..stick to your NY times and then you dont have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LCSims View Post
    This reminds me of the gal I use to work with who went on disability because of her back or feet, been a while! She got her checks every month up until one of the bosses spotted a real estate ad on the back page of a big newspaper and there was Judy's picture as one of the top producers.

Best I can remember, she never inquired as to why the disability checks stopped showing up...

i remember watching a guy fall over backwards unloading a truck. he sued the company and was getting disability payments. 2 yrs later they caught him doing 30' jumps on his dirtbike, and running a roofing company. i suspect he may have went directly to jail without passing go, or collecting $200