Bry Rosier / Modern GA / Cirrus G2 Turbo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bry Rosier / Modern GA / Cirrus G2 Turbo

Charter Member 2014

Bry Rosier / Modern GA / Cirrus G2 Turbo

Winds look good to Start Modern GA in the Eaglesoft Cirrus G2 Turbo . Early morning start to Bratislava in Slovakia . EGUN - LZIB
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Not the best start in the world Cruising along at 13,000 ft nearing dusseldorf and lost all Manifold pressure and throttles completely unresponsive , Engine was idling and I suspected Icing , but I had all ice protection on , initiated a dead stick approach to EDDL and a 5,000 ft engine spluttered back into life so decided to continue on . At 7,500 ft manifold pressure went again so descended and went for the Closest Airfeld Geilenkirchen AB ETNG . Had to circle alot to lose the altitude ,even though nigh on dead-stick with no throttles , the Cirrus is a good glider and landed sweet . Was very tempted to use the CAPS parachute ( those familiar with this A/C will know it ) but felt confident gliding to the runway

Well better get my tools out and have a look under the hood before thinking of continuing on ...

I imagine the RTWR duenna tracking will be most amusing
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Well just had a look under the hood and found a broken wire on the Fuel Module heater . in reality i had unassigned the default "H" for carb heat , so nothing happened Quick test flight just for confirmation and should be good to continue
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Test Flight satis , Permit to Fly signed and leaving for Romania (Traian Vuia ) LRTR from ETNG
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Bry Rosier View Post
    Well just had a look under the hood and found a broken wire on the Fuel Module heater . in reality i had unassigned the default "H" for carb heat , so nothing happened Quick test flight just for confirmation and should be good to continue
    Why would unassigning carb heat have any effect on the plane? There is no carb heat on the cirrus as it is a fuel injected engine

Charter Member 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by epwatson View Post
    Why would unassigning carb heat have any effect on the plane? There is no carb heat on the cirrus as it is a fuel injected engine
    It`s still modelled into the Sim version . There is no panel switch for it but the effects are still modelled in as if it had a carb !

Take care Eamonn it definately does need the Carb heat in icing conditions . I need to use it right now

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/vie...hp?f=31&t=1307
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by epwatson View Post

Same same Eamonn for the Beech 58 in FSX and it's IO-520s...

The Alternate Air Intake is supposed to open automatically if the filter becomes obstructed on the real Baron. But there is atleast one mission you can fly to see that it doesn't: "Innsbruck Approach." I think there is a 2nd... "Resort Supply." And I am 99% sure (ages since I have flown those) turning on the so called "Carb Heat" restores power to the failing engine(s). Just another one of those "slight differences" in our FSX World. :

Charter Member 2014
    Safely arrived at LRTR . Funny old flight chasing "ghost" winds which disappeared as soon as I reached them
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Heading down to Ankara , Turkey LRTR - LTAC
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Bry Rosier View Post
    It`s still modelled into the Sim version . There is no panel switch for it but the effects are still modelled in as if it had a carb !

Take care Eamonn it definately does need the Carb heat in icing conditions . I need to use it right now

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/vie...hp?f=31&t=1307
    Okay, limitation of flightsim but does it have the same effect on the cirrus as say a cessna? does it lower your operating efficiency of the plane?

I have flown the cirrus quite a bit in FS9 mind you and have never experienced this, but nice to know.

Charter Member 2014
    I`ve not noticed any adverse effects from using it when not required ( The pilot in the eaglesoft thread selects it as part of pre-flight checks to make sure he doesn`t get caught out ) . But it instantly restores lost power when applied in these icing conditions I also tested turning it off during icing and immediately lose MP until reselected

This is my favourite GA plane and 100`s of hours flying around and it was also the first time I encountered the icing , which kind of shocked me in my leg I usually fly it low level Bush Flying across Aus and UK , first time she`s been up high
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Pushed on a little further than planned because of good winds . Arrived safely at LTAU , Erkilet Ab . The flight was fine a bit of turbulence around Ankara , wild winds .

Need the comittee to take a look at the Duenna has it seems to have had a big fart along the way and did the old "co-ordinates reset" flash :mixedsmi: I imagine it was at this time that an erroneus IAS of 254 was generated . This girl will explode at 210 and at no time did I burst that barber pole . I have included the Flight Analysis also and the flight was tracked here

http://www.fsrtwrace.com/track/ShowF...mX0aozAubUD90U

I also managed to cover 6700 miles !!!! I wish
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Looks okay to me Bry. Similiar thing happened the last time I moved Jimmy Melrose along.

Charter Member 2014
    Cool Gonna push on down to Baghdad ORBI and rest up there . Aniticipate darkness on arrival , the nights draw in quickly there
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Down and safe in Baghdad ORBI . A rather disappointing leg really . Active Sky X gave a good Tailwind component but FSX chose to ignore and thought it would be more fun to wreck this leg with a lovely Headwind . Oh well we arrived at Baghdad
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Leaving Baghdad in the morning after a good nights rest . Heading down to OIBB
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Got nice winds up here and may be able to make Jask , bit of a dilemma , If I lose the winds then .... eek
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Safe arrival at OIZJ Jask . Generous winds allowed me to go for this airport . Have had a few problems these days with Active Sky and Met Charts giving me positive winds and FSX deciding it would be hilarious to throw the complete opposite at me for the entire leg but luckily today it behaved itself and winds were generally as predicted
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Okay dokey , The winds say continue towards Allahabad so heading off , Jask - Jodphur OIZJ - VIJO on FSX using ASX for weather and REX2 for Effects . Dawn start
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Diverted early to Turbat Intl OPTU so I can un-install Active Sky :isadizzy:
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Starting to have the same view.

It's remarkable how a sophisticated weather program can take good weather data from the net, massage it to create an excellent rendition of that real world weather and project along a flight path, and then generate just the opposite weather when it sends the parameters to FSX. Rather clever programming, by any standard.
    -Mike

Charter Member 2014
    Leaving OPTU - VIJO using REX2 dynamic real-world weather , winds can only get better
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Much better , Arrived safely at VIJO with winds similar to those expected
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014

A few piccies of wind issues

Duenna flight stats from previous leg and this leg showing a much closer depiction of winds as judged against local metar conditions Both weather flight planners showed winds similar to real winds map but depicted in FSX , REX was close but ASX was completely opposite for most of the time I appreciate the lack of weather stations in the area to pin down exact conditions .. Grumble over keep on
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Wow, some of you guys are getting really scientific about wind conditions. I just fire up the engines and hope for the best on any given day.

Members who have read this thread: 0