Texnetcop, Harleyman, Ickie, any other techno geeks among us, have you ever come across a system that locks up on boot and traced the issue to crcdisk.sys?

I just encountered this on my media center (Vista 32bit, 8gb RAM) and it is driving me nuts. I have searched Technet and google and there seems to be quite a range of opinion on the cause and solutions, none of which have helped me. My drives test fine and windows repair options also hang so I am about to blow the drive away and try to start from scratch. I have been contimplaiting Win 7, but I am waiting to get this resolved first. I guess my main question at this point is has anyone performed an upgrade from Vista 32 to Win 7 64, or better still is this possible with the upgrade? I hate to upgrade from Vista 32 to vista 64 just to go to Win 7 64, for all the time it would talk I might as well by the full version of Win 7 Professional rather than the upgrade, mind you if I can do it with the upgrade it will allow me to spend the savings on other software read add on planes...lol

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS. My data is not the concern, I verified the backup's and I am ok there, although if I have to blow away the OS drive it means reinstalling all my apps and the PITA of tweaking them all over again which I would love to avoid. I do keep FSX and other games on seperate drives but I will still have to reinstall in the new OS what ever it is if I start from scratch...

:isadizzy: