Switching to fsx, looking for bush planes/scenery

Thread: Switching to fsx, looking for bush planes/scenery

Switching to fsx, looking for bush planes/scenery

I'm finally getting a new computer and switching to fsx (gold version). I'm mostly interested in bush flying and was wondering what payware and freeware addons specifically bush related that people really like. I'll probably be picking up Tongass Fjords and the FsAddon Super Cub. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    I'm finally getting a new computer and switching to fsx (gold version). I'm mostly interested in bush flying and was wondering what payware and freeware addons specifically bush related that people really like. I'll probably be picking up Tongass Fjords and the FsAddon Super Cub. Any other suggestions?
    Lionheart's Kodiak (payware)
    A2A J-3 Cub (payware)
    Aerosoft Beaver (payware)
    Aerosoft Twin Otter (payware)

If you like floaters too all the above come in float versions and then of course you can also add the OZX upgrade to the stock Grumman Goose (freeware) which turns it into a really stunning aircraft.
    Larry

I second Lionheart's Kodiak and the Aerosoft Twin Otter. Both are great planes, easy on the framerate, and a heck of a lot of fun to fly.

I can't comment on the other two that Tako_Kichi mentioned, as I don't own them, but I've only heard positive things about them.
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

I like the FSAddon Cub, but do yourself a favor and get the A2a cub with the accusim module. Such a joy. I also bought the FSaddon Super Cub and it is sweet. To me they were both worth the price of admission. But the little things about the A2A Cub like handstarting, and paddling with an oar away from a dock, and being able to skid a few feet on the water with the tundra tires before coming to a stop on a beach just make it a must have.

I love the supercub from FS Addon also. Lots of models. The extra HP is nice. And having flaps is a bonus for those real short strips.........

Hell, get them both!

Lionhearts Kodiak is a MUST! A little difficult for me to land over obstacles, due to my lack of skill. But such a WONDERFULLY COMPLETE PACKAGE! Do yourself a favor and buy the donationware repaint package at the bottom of the page. http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Lionheart's Kodiak (payware)
    A2A J-3 Cub (payware)
    Aerosoft Beaver (payware)
    Aerosoft Twin Otter (payware)

If you like floaters too all the above come in float versions and then of course you can also add the OZX upgrade to the stock Grumman Goose (freeware) which turns it into a really stunning aircraft.
    I have the Kodiak for FS9 and I think I have the option to load it in fsx as well. I'll double check with Lionheart to see if that's OK, but a model I'd be happy to purchase again for fsx. It is an excellent model but it always caused me frame rate problems on my ancient computer.

Thanks for the reminder of the Aerosoft Twin Otter, I remember drooling over that when it came out only to realize it was fsx only.

I've been hesitant about the A2A J-3 because I like a plane that can carry some load. But I've heard nothing but very positive reports on it, to the point that I might be willing to take the plunge along with the FsAddon Super Cub. As someone said here recently, there's no such thing as too many Cubs.

Any scenery ideas? I want to work this up right, so for a short period of time I'm willing to throw a few bucks at the set up. :mixedsmi: Got to keep the economy going and I can't think of a better place to do it. Other than the ever growing motorcycle collection.

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    Any scenery ideas? I want to work this up right, so for a short period of time I'm willing to throw a few bucks at the set up. :mixedsmi: Got to keep the economy going and I can't think of a better place to do it. Other than the ever growing motorcycle collection.
    http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-...fjords-x.phtml
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    That will be close to priority number one.

Another really excellent scenery add-on is Pacific Islands Simulations Extreme Bush Trekker. It does Papua New Guinea and it is truly excellent.

As to planes, I agree with previous posters: Aerosoft BeaverX and Twin Otter X, Lionheart's Quest Kodiak, and if you like the really small planes, I really love the RealAir Scout. The port-overs of Milton Shupe's D18S work very well too.

I'll have to endorse this one nowTo be released soon)

PNW - http://fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

OzX Goose Redux is probably the best free bush plane around.

leonard

Bush flying adventures

The Aerosoft Beaver, Twin otter and Lionheart Kodiak are all great. Have flown them all for some time now. Also some great adventure packs available for these. The adventures for Beaver and Otter are available directly thru Aerosoft, the adventures for Kodiak available at various online flight shops..

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I'll have to endorse this one nowTo be released soon)

PNW - http://fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html
    Looks great, I'll definitely have to check that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    OzX Goose Redux is probably the best free bush plane around.
    Thanks for the heads up, looks fantastic.