yahoo mail

Thread: yahoo mail

yahoo mail

anyone else get a letter from yahoo saying you have to upgrade your acct in 2 days or lose it? i am wondering if it's a hoax or if it's real

Cheezy,..................I use Yahoo mail as my main email app,....no,...never received such a notice from Yahoo. But this doesn't mean it's a hoax either.....
    Who's your provider,....ATnT? If so,...give them a phone call.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Charter Member 2011
    no letter here either
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

None here, either. Sounds fishy (or phishy?) to me.

Bob

Nothing from Yahoo...but I did have 6 pieces of SPAM from my mother-in-law. Everything she sends me goes straight to the SPAM folder and is promptly deleted without being opened....all she sends me are those forwarded and reforwarded and rereforwarded stupid things about some poor kid in Guatamala whose mother got ate by a herd of toothless guinea pigs and that he needs a new pair of Nike basketball shoes so that he can out run the Honduran rebels who are trying to tattoo his nose to look like Swiss cheese, which is a violation of his deep rooted religious beliefs and that unless I send $19.99 a month to Sally Struthers she is going to take her fat butt down to Guatamala and sit on that poor, motherless kid and force feed him the rice that my slice of pizza a month was traded for which was supposed to feed the hungry children in Ethiopia but due to a Yak farting in eastern Mongolia the climate change has forced all the Ethiopians to move to Trenton New Jersey and live in card board boxes that were originally used to ship all those Nike basketball shoes to the Honduran rebels in China. Something like that.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I did see a notice on the top of the page that said something like that.

Id better go check it out, lol..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Nothing in my yahoo mail account like that.

OBIO
    That was pretty darned funny!
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Nope. I got nothing. I'm think...hoax.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Nothin here. Just that the Yahoo page will be changing to the new and absolutely atrocious looking one on Nov 11.

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Nothing from Yahoo...but I did have 6 pieces of SPAM from my mother-in-law. Everything she sends me goes straight to the SPAM folder and is promptly deleted without being opened....all she sends me are those forwarded and reforwarded and rereforwarded stupid things about some poor kid in Guatamala whose mother got ate by a herd of toothless guinea pigs and that he needs a new pair of Nike basketball shoes so that he can out run the Honduran rebels who are trying to tattoo his nose to look like Swiss cheese, which is a violation of his deep rooted religious beliefs and that unless I send $19.99 a month to Sally Struthers she is going to take her fat butt down to Guatamala and sit on that poor, motherless kid and force feed him the rice that my slice of pizza a month was traded for which was supposed to feed the hungry children in Ethiopia but due to a Yak farting in eastern Mongolia the climate change has forced all the Ethiopians to move to Trenton New Jersey and live in card board boxes that were originally used to ship all those Nike basketball shoes to the Honduran rebels in China. Something like that.

OBIO
    that was good
    funnier still because it describes my little sisters emails.

Retired SOH Administrator
    no notice on mine either...

just spam email like Obio described

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I received this today:

<nobr id="2_messageHeaderSubject_text" class="cgSelectable">ACCOUNT SUSPENSION</nobr>

Fri, October 30, 2009 11:20:41 AM<table class="fontT2 fontMedGray" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr class="msgHeaderContainer"><td id="2_messageHeaderLabelCell"><nobr id="2_messageHeaderToLabel" class="headerRecipientLabel">From:</nobr></td><td><nobr id="2_messageHeaderSender_text" class="cgSelectable">YAHOO MARKETING SOLUTIONS <marketing.services@yahoo.com> </nobr>
    Add to Contacts</td></tr><tr id="2_messageHeaderToContainer" class="msgHeaderContainer"><td><nobr id="2_messageHeaderToLabel" class="headerRecipientLabel">To:</nobr></td><td>xxxxxx@yahoo.com</td><td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

<hr class="messageHeaderDivider colorK2" noshade="noshade">
    <script type="text/javascript" defer="defer">var YAHOO = {'Shortcuts' : {}}; if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {}; } YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {}; YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = []; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "ACCOUNT SUSPENSION"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "marketing.services@yahoo.com"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = { "lw_1256922235_0": { "text": "Yahoo", "extended": 0, "startchar": 344, "endchar": 348, "start": 344, "end": 348, "extendedFrom": "", "predictedCategory": "", "predictionProbability": "0", "weight": 0.35, "relScore": 0, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/organization/company/company_name", "shortcuts:/us/instance/organization/company/yahoo_property", "shortcuts:/us/instance/organization/domain"], "category": ["ORGANIZATION"], "wikiId": "Yahoo%21", "relatedWikiIds": ["AOL", "Google", "Jerry_Yang", "Microsoft", "MySpace", "Time_Warner", "Yahoo%21_360%c2%b0", "Yahoo%21_Finance", "Yahoo%21_Japan", "Yahoo%21_Mail"], "relatedEntities": ["aol", "facebook", "google", "google inc", "linkedin", "microsoft", "microsoft corp", "myspace", "time warner inc", "yahoo inc"], "showOnClick": [], "context": "Dear Member, Your Yahoo Marketing account has expired. You must renew it immediately or", "metaData": { "canonicalName": "Yahoo! Inc.", "domain_name": "Yahoo", "domain_url": "http://www.yahoo.com/", "exchange": "NMS", "symbol": "YHOO", "visible": "true", "yprop_description": "Discover email, news, shopping, search, music, fantasy sports, and more.", "yprop_name": "Yahoo!", "yprop_url": "http://www.yahoo.com/" } }, "lw_1256922235_1": { "text": "click here", "extended": 0, "startchar": 669, "endchar": 684, "start": 669, "end": 684, "extendedFrom": "", "predictedCategory": "", "predictionProbability": "0", "weight": 1, "relScore": 0, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "relatedWikiIds": [], "relatedEntities": [], "showOnClick": [], "context": "the future, you must take action at once! To continue click here, login to your Yahoo Marketing account and follow the steps", "metaData": { "linkHref": "http://marketingsolutions.yahoo.id8999564.webstservices.c om/", "linkProtocol": "http", "linkRel": "nofollow", "linkTarget": "_blank", "visible": "true" } } }; YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "66afcd266015b41d90e981bbc640958b"; </script> <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://d.yimg.com/jq/css/contextual_shortcuts.css" type="text/css" media="all"> <table width="37%" border="0" height="227"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="100%" height="221"> Dear Member,

Your Yahoo Marketing account has expired. You must renew it immediately or your account will be closed. If you intend to use this service in the future, you must take action at once!

To continue click here, login to your Yahoo Marketing account and follow the steps.

Thank you for using Yahoo Marketing!
    Yahoo Marketing Services DEP.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a respons.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Charter Member 2011
    well considering the link i have for the yahoo marketing soloutions is: marketingsolutions.yahoo.com

and the one in the link is: marketingsolutions.yahoo.id8999564.webstservices.c om

then i'd say its a hoax!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Nothing here