PLEASE HELP!! Can't get CFS3 to run!

Thread: PLEASE HELP!! Can't get CFS3 to run!

TJ_Levin

PLEASE HELP!! Can't get CFS3 to run!

Hi there, new user here. I have just bought cfs3 from a guy. I have xp pro 2Gb ram, 1Gb ATI Radeon HD4770 graphics card.
    I installed full version from the 2 cds. The game will not run at all...I click on decktop icon...nothing happens. I checked my running processes...cfs3 IS running but nothing happens on screen.
    I have another flight sim that I tried also (called Dogfight Battle for the Pacific) this game just gave me a BLACK SCREEN but with sound in the background.
    I have recently purchased my graphics card and only tried one other game called Far Cry...this works fine.
    Please - can anyone give me any advice on perhaps why cfs3 won't load up?
    I'm at a total loss...I bought a sidewinder 2 joystick to help me get into flight sims but sadly I can't play any of them.!!!

Charter Member 2015
    Hello,
    "cfs3 IS running but nothing happens on screen". What do you have in task monitor? CPU utilization?
    How long did you wait?
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

TJ_Levin
    Hi Emile, thanks for your quick reply. Task monitor says cfs3.exe and sticks on 100% which varies up and down in incrememts of about 15secs going back to zero then back up to 100%. I waited a couple of minutes...how long should it normally take. My cpu is Athon 64 3500+
    Have just looked on Microsoft website and will install update v3.1 from here http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/downloads.aspx will try that and see what happens first I guess.

SOH-CM-2020
    Gidday to another flying kiwi!

People are happy to help around here. Are you saying that the other sim (dogfight etc) did not work either? In which case there is some fundamental setup issue with your PC?

Installing v3.1 and 3.1a is good but not relevant to whether cfs3.exe will run or not. Just updates a few cockpits, does a 50m gun fix and some other stuff.

Just a wild guess have you tried reinstalling the video drivers for your graphics card?

Anyway keep hooked in to SOH as there are lots of people who can help with the config of cfs3.

Welcome and happy flying :ernae:

Cool Game

Quote Originally Posted by tj_levin View Post
    hi there, new user here. I have just bought cfs3 from a guy. I have xp pro 2gb ram, 1gb ati radeon hd4770 graphics card.
    I installed full version from the 2 cds. The game will not run at all...i click on decktop icon...nothing happens. I checked my running processes...cfs3 is running but nothing happens on screen.
    I have another flight sim that i tried also (called dogfight battle for the pacific) this game just gave me a black screen but with sound in the background.
    I have recently purchased my graphics card and only tried one other game called far cry...this works fine.
    Please - can anyone give me any advice on perhaps why cfs3 won't load up?
    I'm at a total loss...i bought a sidewinder 2 joystick to help me get into flight sims but sadly i can't play any of them.!!!
    make sure your disk #1 is in the drive then go
    to c:/programfiles/microsoft games/combat flight simulator/ find the icon with the wrench on it and run it.....its the cfs3 config utility.

THEN TRY TO START YOUR GAME

Alternately its start>all programs>microsoftgames>combatflight sim>run cfs3 config
    W7 64-BIT HOME PREMIUM - AMD QUAD CORE 2.6GHz - 8 GIGS RAM- RADEON HD 4670 1GIG PCI X VIDEO CARD - 640 GB SATA HDD.:salute:

TJ_Levin
    Hi Daiwilletti
    I actually already updated the graphics card drivers also in an attempt to sort this prob...still no go.
    The other game has a black screen but sound...cfs3 zilch on both counts. Driving me nuts I mus t say especially since the game 'Far Cry' works fine...on high res setttings too! I'm sure there is just some small issue that needs correcting but finding it as usual is the hard part. I did notice one thing on the MS site and that was to disable onboard graphics (wasn't related to my actual card) but think I'll try this all the same anway. My card is brand spanking new as of last week. I will persevere and try those things I mentioned and return later to post my results. Cheers and nice to see a fellow kiwi here! :ernae:

TJ_Levin
    will do blacksheep...cheers

TJ_Levin
    blacksheep-ghost03 have done that and have a prompt to insert disc 2 only...done that, says cfs3 has been configured...disc spins up (disc 2 OR should I now put 1 back in???) for a few secs but nothing happens after that...noticing after about 4 mins stuck on 100% cpu usage! anyway will try those other suggestions and get back later, I have to go out and do stuff so willl have to wait a while.

Wink k

Quote Originally Posted by tj_levin View Post
    blacksheep-ghost03 have done that and have a prompt to insert disc 2 only...done that, says cfs3 has been configured...disc spins up (disc 2 or should i now put 1 back in???) for a few secs but nothing happens after that...noticing after about 4 mins stuck on 100% cpu usage! Anyway will try those other suggestions and get back later, i have to go out and do stuff so willl have to wait a while.
    of course you have tried rebooting your machine since the install?
    W7 64-BIT HOME PREMIUM - AMD QUAD CORE 2.6GHz - 8 GIGS RAM- RADEON HD 4670 1GIG PCI X VIDEO CARD - 640 GB SATA HDD.:salute:

TJ_Levin
    Ok here's what I did. I reinstalled graphics card drivers (ATI catalyst control).
    Configured csf3 and set to default.
    Clicked icon to start the program on desktop (or in start>programs etc)
    Windows Task Manager says process csf3.exe is running BUT under Applications it isn't listed.
    I sorted my cpu usage problem...it was Drivermax (program for checking drivers listed process as devices.exe) anway halted that program and now have ample cpu.
    I'm stumped...and yes I rebooted after install.
    Ran dxdiag...had an issue with Direct3D initially (the rotating box was all garbled and you coudn't tell it was a box at all) but sorted that out.
    This is becoming a tad annoying and a real pain...I'd love to play this game but can't find my way with this one. Have installed many many programs over the years and never come across an issue like this.
    More suggestions please?

Here's some specs taken from the dxdiag report:
    An incorrect setting or result may catch someone's eye
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: LENOVO
    System Model: 897922M
    BIOS: IBM BIOS Ver 2NKT32.0
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 3070MB RAM
    Page File: 968MB used, 3986MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found <<<<< is this result normal?
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.
    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4770
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x94B3)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_94B3&SUBSYS_22801787&REV_00
    Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: AOC 2236
    Monitor Max Res: 1920,1080
    Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7008 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/24/2009 11:38:26, 299520 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 9/24/2009 11:59:26, 4481024 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D7F3-11CF-576F-8A02A1C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x94B3
    SubSys ID: 0x22801787
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: All tests were successful.
    D3D8 Test Result: All tests were successful.
    D3D9 Test Result: All tests were successful.

I know my pc have ample grunt to run this game and there has to be a very simple answer to what's going on.

cfs3

you may want to uninstall the game and re-install. It really isn't that much too it. This
    game works great on xp. I had this game on another computer and a day or two after i installed it, went to start the game and nothing would happen. I re-installed and it has been working ever since. Sometimes the windows driver for the video card works the best. Good luck keep trying .

Charter Member 2015
    Hi,
    Is your video card overclocked? I had the same type of problem on XP and CFS3.
    Now CFS3 runs on my Vista (dual boot) .
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Quantum09
    Just my wild guess, but maybe the power supply unit can't keep up with the graphics card?
    I don't know how the computer would behave in such case though...That shouldn't be the case, since FarCry runs fine...

Ati recommends at least a 450 Watt power supply unit.

From other things that I can think of:
    If you have any security software installed (anti-virus, firewall etc.), I'd uninstall it just to test if it interferes with the game or not.
    Make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive to be able to run games and for virtual memory if you're using it.
    Maybe you disabled some Windows services before and then forgot about it? (happened to me but not regarding games).

Also, here: http://www.programmersheaven.com/2/F...s-Using-Dxdiag
    they mention checking for updated Motherboard chipset drivers.

Just my ideas and findings,
    Quantum09

TJ_Levin
    Post#12 Emile the card isn't overclocked. I haven't messed with any settings with the card since installed.
    Post#13 Quantum09 my PS is brand new and 500W so should do the trick fine. Graphics card has it's own 6pin power connection also. HD has 300 or so Gig available (not using virtual mem - to be honest don't even know how to LOL) I tried disabling anti-virus and firewall also...and a few other things running. No go still.I didn't uninstall though so may try that also. I haven't reinstalled the game since sorting the cpu problem but I'm not confident that will make any difference, but I will try that again all the same.
    I may have disabled some services at some point in the past...but this still doesn't make sense if Far Cry functions ok I suppose unless cfs3 uses diff services?
    I will try that site re updating MB chipset drivers
    Anyway thanks all for your comments, I will persevere today on this again.:mixedsmi:

Quantum09
    Also, on my Windows XP Pro + SP2 I have the following installed:

• Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
    • Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (for some reason this entry appears twice in my "Add/Remove Programs" list)

Maybe this problem has something to do with one or all of these?

There also might be a conflict between Combat Flight Simulator 3 and the Service Pack 3 that you have installed on your Windows XP Pro, and my reasoning behind it is that the SP 3 was released much later than CFS 3...

TJ_Levin
    I have these...obviously later:

• Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2

• Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2

• Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

I also have Visual C+++ 2005 Redist twice but one is an update.

Today I uninstalled graphics drivers again, stopped antivirus etc reinstalled drivers then reinstalled cfs3...still no go.
    I tested the other game and had the same result with that as I had had before...a black screen with sound only.This has an apllication showing running in task manager though unlike cfs3 which has NO application showing BUT the running process cfs3.exe is there. cfs3.exe is only using around 30,000k mem usage too...not enough one would think?
    As for SP3 being later than cfs3 do you think I should uninstall sp3? Not really keen to try that I must say...

Kepp them ideas coming please! cheers

Quantum09
    I think you should check if there are any updates for the motherboard chipset drivers, and if there are none, than I'd try uninstalling the Service Pack 3 and see if that helps.
    Actually, I kept Service Pack 2 on my PC precisely because I was afraid that the SP 3 might cause some compatibility issues.

I think your best bet is to search for what might cause what you described as a black screen with sound present. There is also a bunch of problems regarding the game itself if you look for it at http://support.microsoft.com
    I didn't find anything related there, but you might.

And also...
    There is something I'm pondering on: could an updated BIOS for the motherboard solve such a problem?
    Anyone?

In case nobody knows the answer, you can go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and look for the list of fixes under newer BIOS versions for your model. Maybe there is an updated version that would do just that?

Edit
    Looks like we all missed this link: http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?&l...age=cfs3_tweak
    If you still experience problems, be sure to try out the "Set Overrides" section there (including turning off the intro movie).

TJ_Levin
    Logged into my pc today only to find all of a sudden XP needs activating again and I get an error that won't even let me attempt activation...man I hate computers sometimes. I got a few updates from MS yesterday and shutdown last night fine only to find this prob on boot today.
    After some research (thankfully have net access on my laptop still) I have discovered my only alternative to this is to do a reinstall of XP!!!!! The error code related to installing XP over 98SE of all things! Rediculous of course as XP has been the only OS on this pc...it has to have been caused by those updates in some way.
    Anyway to cut a long story short I'm doing a fresh install and will leave SP2 in place (my disc has it on it) and reinstall all my drivers and programs...last time I had to do this it took about 3 days to complete.
    I have a new 500Gb hard drive so have decided to install to the OS on it...will try to recover my old files etc by plugging in the old drive externally and recover all my drivers/programs etc from there. I was just about to back my whole system up to this new drive too...yeah I know too late now! I have 0000's of photos etc that I must recover but I've been through a similar thing before so should sort it I hope.

I'm a bit angry and have never seen this issue of having to reactivate windows in this manner before after updating it.
    Tried all the suggested fixes for this problem online including system restore in safe mode etc...no go.
    Last option was reinstall ahhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Hopefully a fresh install with SP2 will help me get CFS3 to run...fingers crossed!
    Mind you CFS3 isn't the main priority at this very moment...saving my precious family photos is.

Quantum09: had updated MB chipset drivers and BIOS....geez will have to do that all again too now!
    Will advise the outcome in a few days...thanks to all for your help so far.

Quantum09
    TJ,
    You don't have to update BIOS again after you erase you hard disk drive. BIOS sits inside an EEPROM on your motherboard, so it's not affected by that (I had to use wikipedia to make sure where it actually sits ).

A few suggestions from my experience for you and for others:
    1. If you have the Windows XP + SP2 installation CD, install the operating system on a different partition than everything else, since in case of problems with Windows, you only have to format this one partition, and most, if not all, of the software on the other partitions should work just fine afterwads (not to mention that a lot of malware won't spread to more than one partition).
    2. It is not a good security advice, but to make it easier on yourself later, and because (HOPEFULLY) most people don't keep confidential information on their computers, install Windows on a C: partition (I haven't seen a SINGLE Windows application/program/game/whatever that would by default assume otherwise), and plus there is a bunch of errors that you might run into if C: is not your Windows partition.
    3. For the most important documents -> backups.
    4. Have a CD/DVD with the drivers for your computer (saves time searching for them later).
    5. Burn a LIVE linux distribution on a CD or a DVD in case you need internet access on a computer with a dead/unbootable HDD. All you do is you boot your computer from such a CD/DVD and you can browse the internet just like that. There are system requirements to those LIVE CD/DVDs, especially regarding the amount of RAM, since they load the whole OS and some more stuff into RAM. Distribution sizes and their system requirements vary greately (compare Damn Small Linux (a.k.a. DSL) with Ubuntu for example).
    This also gives you access to tricks such as being able to change the size of your HDD partitions without changing anything else.
    6. Avoid installing Microsoft updates unless you are sure you need them. I'm running just fine on a Windows xP Pro + SP2 with no further updates because I simply don't need them. If you need to install updates, make backups first. Actually, you should also create a system restore point before that.
    7. Avoid keeping confidential information on your computer (especially if it's a portable computer and you take it with you to many places).
    8. If you need security AND usability, I'd suggest a dual-boot solution. I tried Windows +Linux and it wasn't that difficult at all, but was very educating and fun (especially compiz fusion).
    9. Windows Recovery Console <- very useful thing at times.

You might know all of this stuff, but then it might help someone else too.

Besides, there are some advantages to installing Windows from scratch: the Windows files are defragmented in the process, you get a new small, and fast Windows registry, and you get rid of all the malware on the formatted partition and in boot sector (unless they're really nasty).

TJ_Levin
    Thanks Quantum09...great advice! Some I knew but quite a bit I didn't. I have a couple of linux cds here so will keep that method in mind.
    After my last post I realised what I had said re bios update and mb chipset drivers was totally wrong! Had nothing to do with the OS...my brain was becoming a tad frazzled with all the stress of having to reinstall the OS and scared of losing data etc...you'll undertsand what I mean I'm sure.

I've reinstalled XP Pro and things are looking much better and noticeably faster, I actually burnt a slipstreamed sp3 disc sometime ago and used that to do an install a while back. I used that cd again and actually forgot it had sp3 already on it...anyway after loading all my drivers I've managed to get CFS3 to finally run!!!! I guess this shows SP3 doesn't have too much impact on CFS3 then.
    It must have been other issues and may have in fact been a malware prob and I'm sure installing fresh drivers for everything into a freshly formatted drive helped. No old bits of corrupt clutter and remnants lying about so-to-speak.

I am going to take your advice and avoid updates and resist any temptation to install any extra programs unless I really require them...photoshop, fireworks and the like I use often but haven't reinstalled these as yet. I know they are rather resource hogging apps but I'll live with that. I said earlier I had 2 gig of ram...I actually have 4gig but windows 32 bit only recognises 3Gb max. Perhaps the 64 bit version of XP Pro would be nice...

I didn't put windows on it's own partition...I have heard of it and that it makes for a faster system also but I just did a simple install and format of my new 500Gb HD with just the one partition. I guess it's not too late to create a fresh partition now anyway and do another install to it? Aren't the program files within the OS itself? What I'm asking is how exactly to do this and what folders do I transfer to a sep partition to keep my docs seperate from the OS. Hope this makes sense! I've never really tried partitioning and have always used sep drives.

Anyway I'm happy (and a little less stressed) I'm up and running and CFS3 is now playable. Have to get my skill level up now!

I give my thanks to all who made an effort to help me! Cheers! :ernae: :ernae:

Quantum09
    Glad to hear that

No, no, programs are fine, just be careful with MS updates.
    Remember, that it'll make your life easier in case you have to reinstall Windows, but if you want to install for example an expansion pack for one of your games, that's not on the default C: partition, it's going to be a little (with 2 partitions), or could be much harder (with even more partitions).

DO NOT touch anything, that Windows installs by default (including the applications in C:\Program Files that come with Windows).

Most of the software (especially the games) should work after you copy/move them from one partition to the other, but not always. It's safest to uninstall programs on the previous partition, and install them on the new one.

But be carefull with saved games:
    A game you played might work after moving it to a different partition, but it will have no idea that the location of your saved games is now on a different partition (that's why you need to do backups of all your saved games too), and you'll have to copy your saves to the appropriate location on the new partition for the game to see them.

As for partitions:
    Even if you have already created partition(s), and even after you installed Windows, and programs etc.,and you don't wan't to do it again, you can use a Live Linux CD/DVD to manipulate them.

BEFORE manipulating partitions:
    1. First, backup of your personal stuff (pictures, documents, saved games, etc), and anything you don't want to lose.
    2. Perform a disk defragmentation JUST BEFORE booting PC from Live CD/DVD and resizing partitions, or some data might be lost/corrupted during the process. Might even happen to Windows critical files preventing you from starting your Windows later.
    3. DO NOT use the Live Linux CD/DVD to format the partitions you create; use only the Windows Setup CD to for that. (Linux uses file systems (Ext, 2 Ext 3, Reiserfs, etc.) that don't work with Windows (at least not with XP).
    4. Remember to leave some room on every partition (a few GiB).

So, in your case, if you already installed Windows, and you now have a one huge partition (500 GiB) filling all your hard drive (not enough, or no unformatted space at all), you'd have to use a Linux Live CD/DVD to resize (shrink) the partition, and then create a new one. Afterwards, you'd have to use the Windows CD to format the freshly created partition for NTFS, and in the end you'd have to copy everything you want to it (except for Windows - you can't just move Windows files to a different partition; your computer won't boot afterwards.

Here are links I've found for you, but you might find better ones by yourself:

Creating Live Linux CD (based on Ubuntu):
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

The basic process goes like this:
    1. Download the Live Iso file.
    2. OPEN the ISO file using a CD/DVD burning software, such as Nero Burning Rom (DO NOT create a bootable session because the ISO is already Bootable, and it won't work otherwise).
    3. Burn it and Boot your PC from it.
    4. Choose: "Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer" (if you chose wrong, just hit CTRL + ALT + DEL and boot up again).
    5. Run the Partition Editor and shrink the partition.
    6. Format the new partition using Windows CD, or From Windows itself.
    7. Copy/Move files/reinstall some stuff if necessary.

I couldn't find any tutorial with pictures on how to resize partitions using the Live CD, but it's really easy after you boot your PC from it and run the Partition Editor (GPartEd) (on the picture in the link above). Just do it carefully.

Creating partitions using Windows XP Installation CD:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313348

Now I know what I forgot; you mentioned 64 bit version... don't. All the software so far was written for 32-bit hardware, I think we are only beginning to switch to 64-bit applications and it's gonna take many years. You can Google for: "64 vs 32 bit" and you'll see what problems with 64 there are.