Race Summary - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Race Summary

Those of you who have been watching Eamonn's terrific effort at tracking all these wild and wooly race teams will notice that the Team Melrose Precision Event estimate was flagged as "FALSE".

We have some compassion.. these brave fliers are struggling against tremendous odds to even get through the air, and as a committee of many have made a valiant effort simply to arrive in Melbourne. As a result, the difficult project of collecting data, verifying speeds, estimating winds has resulted in a delightfully vague estimate befitting the nature of the team.

We commend them for even making a guess! To be 'outside' the past-predictive limit for estimates does not diminish their pilotage or maintenance skills along their way and we are quite willing to accept their variance. It should be pointed out that they achieved a "marvellous mean" by arriving almost perfectly halfway between the Calculated and Estimated times (and that 7:07:07 estimate was beautifully symmetrical!).

A Melbourne clockmaker has offered this to the Team to be installed in the Puss Moth for future events:

Congratulations to you all!

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Summary is updated.. We now have 12 pilots in Melbourne. 11 from Golden Age and Mike from the Modern Age. Precision scores are doing good with donlimpio still in the lead with 12 points..

We still have a few people who have not left EGUN yet.. With only 13 days left we are getting down to the wire.

Good luck everyone and see you all at the finish line.. I hope to have both my birds there by midnight the night of the 30th.

I entered for the wooden spoon!

Thanks Eamonn. Hope to finish up in the next couple of days.

Okay, I have posted the summary with data up to the end of the race at 1800z today, however I can add the rest of the legs that are being done at the race comittee's request. Please go over your times to ensure they are accurate as my spreadsheet is the "official" record.

Out of the 51 planes entered, 28 finished the race. Good showing.

That was some scoring though, I have notated 661 legs to compile this summary.

Thanks

Three cheers for Eamonn!
    -Mike

Thanks again Eamonn!

Hail Eamonn for your great work!
    Vicious - Team Avsim

Excellent job Eammon! I got it wrong and thought the deadline for finishing was midnight UTC - just starting the final leg now. See y'all in the Windsor!
    Mick (G-ACFC)
    PPL(A)

jsut because I'm basking in tropical warmth instead of frozen Canada, I'm still [eekin gin.. great job Eamonn... Glad we found you ( or you, us)

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Hey no worries mate. I've been doing the RTW for a while now (4 - 5 years i think). Always looking for some way to contribute.

So Team AVSIM is the only plane anywhere near YMEN at the moment, so when will the official end be?

Note that we are about to calculate the final standings, as soon as the Goose comes in.

Each entrant may be ranked in either the Speed Race or the Handicap Race. This feature copies the 1934 scoring system and permits a wider distribution of prizes. We shall award three prizes in each Race: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. There are two Classes and two Races in each Class: Golden Age Speed Race, Golden Age Handicap Race, Modern Age Speed Race, and Modern Age Handicap Race. This produces a total of twelve prizes.
    At the end of the Race, pilots may choose to be ranked in either the Speed or Handicap portion of their Class. (Their choice is made in order of their Speed Race time.)
    Thus, at the moment, the pilots choose their Race in this order:

• Golden Age: Vicious, Bry Rosier, arvoo, BuzzBee, MM, Moses03, Spookster67, srgalahad, Great Ozzie, ... Team Melrose.
    • Modern Age: Great Ozzie, Team Viagara, jkcook28, Team Four, Highmike, MM, Bry Rosier, Willly.
    -Mike

I'll select the Golden Age Speed Race.
    Vicious - Team Avsim

Race Summary has been updated, just waiting on the goose.

Charter Member 2014
    Just left Charleville
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Final Standing have been posted..

Good Race Everyone...