Flight1 Ultimate Traffic II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight1 Ultimate Traffic II

Flight1 Ultimate Traffic II

Howdy folks. Another beautiful video from Xavier!

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/15DQ7KjGd4M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15DQ7KjGd4M

High Resolution Download:
    http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/movies/commercial/flightsimulator/ut2_video_wmv.zip

Cheers,
    -Cody

MCDesigns
    Nice vid with some great camera angles. The one bad thing that I noticed was lack of shadows from the aircraft at some of the airports.

Sure's a nice video indeed ! But i guess it will most probabely not stir up the fire a lot around this here premises...

IMHO, what has always been lacking in the traffic department, and sadly still is, is the announcement of the release of 'Flight1 Ultimate GA Traffic' , or better still, 'Flight1 Ultimate Warbird Traffic' , or even better still 'Flight1 Ultimate GA & Warbird Traffic'. I bet my last Euro *that* would really get the fire going around here !

If flying modern tubeliners tickles your fancy this release will no doubt be something you'd have been waiting for but where do us warbird lovers fit in then ?..... Nothing as unrealistic as to line up in sequence between a couple 7X7's and Airbuses in your meticulously restored P-51 or P-38.... Our playgrounds are the smaller airports or militairy airfields where air displays are being held regularly. Why don't these air traffic developers still take no notice of that i wonder.....

Ok, with a lot of effort you can get some traffic going at your smaller fav airfields thru the use of Markus Brunner's 'GA Traffic' or get hold of some of the freeware or payware airfields that have AI traffic incorporated but i myself would be willing to pay serious pecunia for something like an 'Ultimate GA & Warbird Traffic' package which would able me to line up in sequence in my F-86 behind a Catalina, Spitfire, and Wildcat, waiting for a Vampire to land on the active runway... And this at any smaller airport around the world, at any day of the year, which, quite coincidently, has an air display going on... :mixedsmi:

Great to see good looking low poly tubeliners take-off and land ( i'm using WOA myself ) but what about waiting for a P-47 to have finished its air display before you can enter the runway.... And so forth and so on....

Sorry to be not that enthusiastic about 'Flight1 Ultimate TrafficII' release, Cody, as i said Xavier's video is marvelous, but it's one tubeliner all tubeliners again.... It's just like 'We GA and Warbird Lovers' don't exist...

Ok, i'll get off my soapbox now... :d

Cheers,
    Jan

Javis, UT2 can handle GA, and it takes special steps to do so anyways. Out of the box it SIGNIFIGANTLY increases GA traffic. I find when flying in places around Tongass Fjords for example to have multiple aircraft moving in and out of my airports on VERY regular basis, so I find myself watching for traffic all around me. MUCH better for GA flying, no doubt.

Another nice feature is the program allows you to select aircraft you already have in your inventory, and easily with little hassle inject it into the program. For example, lets say I want to inject a B-17 and a P-51 into the miscellanious built traffic. I select them from my current inventory of traffic or products that I own (anything in my simobject folder). Once selected, that traffic will appear at random throughout the world based on basic parameters like amount of engines, etc. Using this, I was able to inject 100% WWII traffic in my simulator, all over the world. Sure, it might be stange to see a Zero taking off out of Dulles International, but I have B-17s overhead, P-51s taxiing on the tarmac, Spitties in the pattern and P-40s departing out.

Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I HIGHLY endorse this product. The only niggles I have with the product are about to be patched out, and I couldn't fly in FS without it because it has heightened my experience so much.

So, does it sound like a team that made the video also likes the product? Sure it does, and it even might be a conflict of interest to some. However, I love this product. This to me is easily the best AI program out there at this time, that I am aware of or have used.

There's no price break for owners of UT1, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    There's no price break for owners of UT1, is there?
    There was for a FSX tweaked version of the original UT1, but not UT2 alas.

Cool vid, flew with TAP recently, both flights delayed lol. I've been tempted to pick this up. Always good to see some real airlines instead of those fictional ones!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Javis, UT2 can handle GA, and it takes special steps to do so anyways. Out of the box it SIGNIFIGANTLY increases GA traffic. I find when flying in places around Tongass Fjords for example to have multiple aircraft moving in and out of my airports on VERY regular basis, so I find myself watching for traffic all around me. MUCH better for GA flying, no doubt.
    Sounds good ! Like the tubeliner models, are the GA aircraft models also part of the package ?

How about sounds, any different compared to the default FS AI aircraft sounds ?

I might go for this package afterall but i have to say i do like my WOAI. The models look great and i was amazed to see how low the fps impact is even with an apron full of AI airliners. I'd say less than the default FSX AI !

How's general fps penalty with UT2, Cody ?....

Another nice feature is the program allows you to select aircraft you already have in your inventory, and easily with little hassle inject it into the program.............., but I have B-17s overhead, P-51s taxiing on the tarmac, Spitties in the pattern and P-40s departing out.
    Sure, but the problem here is that you simply cannot use normal models of course. Performance would drop down to a slide show. You'd have to go search for special AI versions of the models you'd want as AI. Been doing that sometime ago, to use with 'GA Traffic', but the collection i managed to scrape together wasn't something to write home about... ( so what do *you* use as AI models for your B-17's,P-51's,P-40's and Spits then, Cody ? )

On top of that, with FSX, i bet it's best to stay away from AI models that are made for FS9...

That's what i mean.... We have seen atleast two major payware AI Traffic programs for many years now. And with both these programs we can have our major airport aprons covered with 7X7's and Airbuses from top to bottom, from side to side. That's great but personally i don't care much for major airports filled up with tons of 7X7's and Airbuses... And, if i'm not mistaken, that must be the case with the majority of readers/posters here....

Why it takes so long for a payware dev to see the light, i.e. 'the gap in the market' and produce the first "Ultimate GA & Warbird Traffic " package is beyond me... No doubt it would sell like hot cakes, atleast overhere...:mixedsmi:

cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Sure, but the problem here is that you simply cannot use normal models of course. Performance would drop down to a slide show. You'd have to go search for special AI versions of the models you'd want as AI. Been doing that sometime ago, to use with 'GA Traffic', but the collection i managed to scrape together wasn't something to write home about... ( so what do *you* use as AI models for your B-17's,P-51's,P-40's and Spits then, Cody ? )
    You would be surprised. The WOPII models don't hit my FPS any more than the UTII AI aircraft do. I've got the P-51's, Me-109's, etc. in my traffic. I even got the Alphasim T-6 in there. They all work very well.

I can litterally only dream of such a good system as to run and make vidio's like that, its amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    You would be surprised. The WOPII models don't hit my FPS any more than the UTII AI aircraft do. I've got the P-51's, Me-109's, etc. in my traffic. I even got the Alphasim T-6 in there. They all work very well.
    You mean with their original high res textures still applied as well ?... Now *that* would surprise me indeed, particularly if you'd have a lot of these normal models parked on the apron.

cheers,
    Jan

You mean with their original high res textures still applied as well ?... Now *that* would surprise me indeed, particularly if you'd have a lot of these normal models parked on the apron.

cheers,
    Jan
    Yep, whatever's default. I should try the B-17 sometime. That's a really good idea.

Of course these aren't the ONLY AI planes I'm using with UTII. I've got all the ones that come with it as well as some carenado planes and the Alphasim Long-EZ, not to mention all the commercial traffic with UTII.

Thats what I was wondering guys, you know Jankees' thread how he always has alot of mustangs or payware aircraft around his shots is he putting those there or are they from multiplayer because I'd love to know how he does it if there AI! I have a lot of RAF bases that could do with some good payware planes as Ai as long as my frames don't go down to much!

So whats better guys - Ultimate Traffic2 or My Traffic 2010? Would either of these programs get patched as airlines make major changes to their networks?
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Of course these aren't the ONLY AI planes I'm using with UTII. I've got all the ones that come with it as well as some carenado planes and the Alphasim Long-EZ, not to mention all the commercial traffic with UTII.
    Could you let us know the difference between your fps when taxiing around your fav airport without any AI and with ? ( taxiing *towards* the apron, please... ) And what percentage of AI traffic are you using here and on what system ? ( bet it'll be more high then low end... :mixedsmi: )

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Thats what I was wondering guys, you know Jankees' thread how he always has alot of mustangs or payware aircraft around his shots...
    I guess he uses this Recorder program. How many aircraft you want depends on how many times you'd be willing to hit the Record/Stop button...

Cheers,
    Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shackleton_boy View Post
    So whats better guys - Ultimate Traffic2 or My Traffic 2010? Would either of these programs get patched as airlines make major changes to their networks?
    I use MyTrafficX 5b. It has airliner, GS and military traffic. I read on the MyTraffic site that My Traffic 2010 is the Aerosoft version of the program. Yes, they did update the airlines with the latest upgrade and will continue to do so in the future.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Could you let us know the difference between your fps when taxiing around your fav airport without any AI and with ? ( taxiing *towards* the apron, please... ) And what percentage of AI traffic are you using here and on what system ? ( bet it'll be more high then low end... :mixedsmi: )

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Jan
    There's a noticeable difference between having UT2 on and off. When it is off, my FPS are locked at 36. When it is on, It usually stays above 30 while on the ground (in the VC). Percentages vary depending what kind of plane I am flying. If I am flying a commercial jet, I'll raise the commercial traffic higher. The same holds true for GA. If I'm using something that is easy on FPS, sometimes I'll crank both higher (like a Carenado plane for instance).

Specs are Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz, 8 GB DDR2 1066 MHz, GTX280 1 GB GDDR3 @ stock speeds. It isn't an i7, but it does what I want it to...

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Nice vid with some great camera angles. The one bad thing that I noticed was lack of shadows from the aircraft at some of the airports.
    That's because not all of the models included there are native. I think only those originally made by AIA, TFS, EVAI and DJC were converted to FSX standards.

And "portover" AI models don't mix well with shadows and scenery ever since SP2.

IMHO, what has always been lacking in the traffic department, and sadly still is, is the announcement of the release of 'Flight1 Ultimate GA Traffic' , or better still, 'Flight1 Ultimate Warbird Traffic' , or even better still 'Flight1 Ultimate GA & Warbird Traffic'. I bet my last Euro *that* would really get the fire going around here !
    Markus Brunner's "GA Traffic" will help.

Add any aircraft you want and it autogenerates flightplans for it. You can also specify some parameters and limitations for the genrration, so that rare aircraft aren't seen everywhere all the time.
    But beware: Generating a flightplan for ~30 GA aircraft will take a while and produce a 200Mb+ traffic.bgl file.

Note to self: Hunt down more GA aircraft and generate new flightplans with GA Traffic. Mine are about two years old now.

Oh, and around here I feel that we commercial pilots don't exist.

I have looked into several packages, and was / am a huge fan of WOAI. I went with UT2 because the models / textures are WOAI quality whislt being true FSX models to improve frame rates. The other packages on the market don't seem to come close on texture / model quality to UT2 (having looked at screen shots in FSX and been a user of traffic, mytraffic in fs9). I now use a mixture of UT2 and WOAI and it all works very nicely. I can hugely recommend it if you like WOAI.

ok cool - but it still doesnt clear up which one is better
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Specs are Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz, 8 GB DDR2 1066 MHz, GTX280 1 GB GDDR3 @ stock speeds
    Ahh..... now you're talking...

I have never seen anything like 30 fps taxiing around a medium size airport with a bunch of AI models on the apron. 15/20 if i'm lucky... ( Core2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz, 4GB DDR2 667MHz,GF 8800GTX ). That's fine with me actually. It's better than it used to be with only default AI. ( now using only WOAI )

I can imagine with a machine like yours you have some spare room to try normal models as AI. I've seen my fps go down to 4 when i once tried that... :isadizzy: ( thru 'GA Traffic' using the option to lower the texture res ) Don't think i had any A2A models amongst it hough.

Anyway thanks for the info, Kiwi.

cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Markus Brunner's "GA Traffic" will help.
    Yip, way ahead of you here, Bjoern.. :mixedsmi:
    Ok, with a lot of effort you can get some traffic going at your smaller fav airfields thru the use of Markus Brunner's 'GA Traffic'

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Oh, and around here I feel that we commercial pilots don't exist.
    Yep, head on over to Avsim or Fs.com, mate.. :d

( posts about Lotus' magical L-39 at Fs.com : 0... Here at SOH : only 1124 and just 63,274 views ... )

cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    I now use a mixture of UT2 and WOAI and it all works very nicely. I can hugely recommend it if you like WOAI.
    Do you mind me asking why you keep running WOAI next to UT2, Guzler ?....

Cheers,
    Jan

Didn't quite escape.
    I use TrafficX. I've tried two versions of MyTrafficX and, personally, won't touch it with a bargepole again. Although it creates massive amounts more traffic than any other product, includes more airlines, more types and has absolutely superb support, it doesn't bear any resemblance to reality at all.

I don't know how UT2 works - I don't have it and haven't tried it - but as an example using WOAI and MTX, using WOAI you will see the correct aircraft at the correct airports, using the correct routes. But that means that if you don't have traffic installed for, say, Mogadishu, you will see no traffic at all there. MTX on the other hand will look at where Mogadishu is, look what traffic would be used in that country and region then assigns flights randomly using those airlines and their aircraft.

It's personal preference, ultimately.

I did consider getting copies of all three major commercial packs, plus possibly WOAI, setting a series of specific tests and doing a direct comparison between them. Would anyone be interested in seeing that? If so, I'll contact developers and beg Nick to take some screenshots for it.