Team Melrose - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Melrose

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    I didn't see a final decision in here and Milton would like to know...

Speak up folks!
    I dearly love this aircraft what little I've flown it so far, but I don't believe I'll be in it for stretches long enough to burn 160 gallons.

At least not with two entries already and still looking at possibly two more..:isadizzy:
    salt_air

If I get a chance between flying the Twin Beech and the Skymaster, I'll take a leg in the Puss Moth.

Yep, another Milton Classic! Hope to be able to turn a prop or two!

T

LOL Tom ... are you home for a change?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Official Release of the Puss Moth

You can now download the the full package official release from my website:

Puss Moth DH-80A

This includes 4 paint schemes including the Melrose version and all corrections for issues found during the beta testing.

The default tanks are 2X26 gallons so you may wish to change them in the aircraft.cfg.

You may wish to drop the passenger as well unless you plan to carry 150lbs of food and water and deoderant with you, or beer ... :mixedsmi:

Thanks to all of you who helped with testing. We greatly appreciate that. :ernae:

Best of luck on your journeys, but most importanty, have fun.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Actually the copilot is supposed to be on board if the plane could seat more than 1 (per the rules).

Thanks Milton she looks great.

Dave
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Actually the copilot is supposed to be on board if the plane could seat more than 1 (per the rules).

Thanks Milton she looks great.

Dave
    Ah! I guess we still have the option to put the pilot in the back and the tank in the front ... that would eliminate the passenger.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A Trio of Puss Moths at Grazzanise (LIRM) about to depart for Naples (Bry, Travis & Rob).

Awesome

Kind of like having my desert before dinner, I will not join in this special race due to my current time constraints, but I did grab the plane. This Puss Moth is, well... WOW! A really professional job, it takes a bit of work to fly as it should. My hats off to Milton, truly a talent, what a beautiful plane!

N350BC_Doug

Working Guidelines for Team Melrose.

Here are a few suggestions:

• The idea is to have fun and honor Jimmy Melrose. The team is not committed to winning the race or, even, making the very best time possible.
    • The team route should more-or-less follow the Melrose route. Through Rome, Athens, and so forth.
    • The first leg will be flown by Milton Shupe at a time of his choosing. Another leg, perhaps the second leg, is reserved for Tom Falley. Otherwise, every team member is encouraged to take the stick.
    • Pilots should limit their legs to manageable lengths. There is no need to restrict landings to the official "prepared airports" though those might serve as a good guideline. Short legs, no more than two or three hours, are better for everyone concerned.
    • The team organization will intentionally be loose. Pilots may "grab the baton" whenever it is not held by another pilot.
    • Pilots may reserve the baton for the next leg to follow immediately after the current pilot lands. Accordingly, pilots should state their destination clearly when they take off or when they change course. If the reserving pilot does not take the baton within 15 minutes of the previous pilot's landing, then the baton is free.
    • The pilot who has just completed a leg should encourage another pilot to take the next leg. If there is no one around, and the current pilot is just itching to do another leg, he should go ahead—after waiting at least a half hour for another pilot to show up.

Until our "senior pilot" Moses gets back from the computer hospital, we'll try to get by without any visible leadership...

Let's have some fun and salute a great aviation hero.
    -Mike

Thank you Michael; that sounds great.

I intend to start the first leg Tuesday morning the 20th around 6AM USA Mountain time, EGUN to LFPB.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hooray

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you Michael; that sounds great.

I intend to start the first leg Tuesday morning the 20th around 6AM USA Mountain time, EGUN to LFPB.
    Hat's off to Milton everyone as he hurdles across the channel in the first leg of the long journey.

Best Wishes for a good flight sir!
    salt_air

Well thank you

I just flew it again to ensure that I can do it, and not embarrass me and the whole team. A little bumpy and sometimes foggy but otherwise a great flight.

EDIT: Where are the Team Melrose supposed to post their Duenna results?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here