UKMil C-17 has promise!

Thread: UKMil C-17 has promise!

UKMil C-17 has promise!

I have the beta version of the C-17 and while it is still some time before release I can already tell that, at least for my use, it will be just fine. The VC is in place, however far from complete. There is still texturing, modeling, etc to be done in the VC. The exterior is also in the early stages. I can see the beginnings of some bump mapping, although textures don't line up correctly right now and coloration is off from texture to texture. I also saw some odd modeling in the area of the front windscreen and nose, as though the polys aren't yet tweaked enough to smooth that area out. Landing gears aren't finished as far as texturing goes either, but the modeling looks great.

I won't go on a tangent here concerning any other C-17 offerings, but I will say that I have never been hardcore to the point that I required every system to be modeled before I would even look at the screens, lol. As prices continue to rise for payware aircraft I have had to concede that my days of dropping money on every addon that I liked and wanted has come to an end. I fly because I enjoy flying, not because I enjoy working every system on the airplane to maintain proper hydraulic pressure/fuel flow, etc, etc.. Yes, I know that's part of the flight experience, but this is a sim after all, and it really isn't essential to enjoying the flight experience. With the proper realism settings that C-17 will fly it's heart out with little or no hydraulic pressure. . .I promise. So, I'm happy to see this option to "Big Ticket Pricing" on payware addons. I look forward to the final release of the UKMil C-17 and applaud the folks there for giving us an alternative.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

thanks for the review. Yes there are many things to complete on it, and progress is slow, as RW commitments are getting in the way a bit, but any feedback on BETA is good. Might help if you put it on our site tho, so Ican see what the issues are:isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by UKMIL View Post
    . . . . .Might help if you put it on our site tho, so I can see what the issues are. . . .
    Yep, I can do that!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

cheers. just helps with the development if i can see all issues in one place

Looking forward to the released/finished product!

same here!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

now that is a work of art! nice job UKMIL!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Just saw the video. The exterior model is awesome. The virtual cockpit, even if it looks in very early texturing stage here, looks already very promising. If I'm not mistaken, this will be the very first freeware C-17 with a virtual cockpit in the FS history, isn't it ?
    Congratulations! :ernae:

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    The UKMIL C-17 in my hanger has seen a lot of flight time from its 2d to its WIP VC. Ive even ran it thru DX10 Torture and it flies fluid. Also wait till 2nd wip shots VC are released. Some more surprises are in store for UKMIL C-17. Gota give Gaffer credit, he didnt release a incomplete project lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Gota give Gaffer credit, he didnt release a incomplete project lol.
    He certainly should get credit however try and avoid repeating the same old cheap digs we've all heard before in an other thread about that 'other' one which is waiting completion of it's VC eh. :ernae:

video is already dated, as the console has new switches already

the exterior is also more advanced than the video

have added effective lighting to the refuel probe area

It looks really great.
    I had a look to some picture of the real plane. I think you should make the cockpit windows just a little bit darker (or the inside textures of the cockpit darker).