Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Really nice!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Thats very nice, love the oak burr fascia panel here!

I gotta tell ya Tako Kichi you did a wonderful job on these Paints and interiors

and I thank you :ernae: you'll make piglet proud.

Thanks for the comments guys and glad you like the paints.

I spent a solid 12 hours working on another one today and almost came to the point where I was ready to toss the lot in the recycle bin I was so frustrated. :isadizzy:

I was really struggling to get the paint to go where I wanted it to go due to 'pixel pulling' issues in the area of the rear fuselage near the strake. The perfectionist in me wasn't happy with a bodge job but in the end I simply had to use 'artistic licence' and make the paint go where it was happy to go rather than where it goes on the real aircraft. It still looks pretty damn good even though it is not 100% accurate so I hope you guys like it when it's finished.

I finally put it to bed for the night a few minutes ago with the main fuselage texture finished and tomorrow I can work on the tip tanks and the two spec map textures.

I think I need a big one of these now !!!!
    Larry

Larry, you ought to write some of your techniques down. I have yet to find a tutorial that's written so that someone who has never done this before can understand it and follow the steps. There are always steps left out or skipped either due to a mistake or because the writer has done it so many times that even he forgets some of them or they're such minor steps he doesn't see them as relevant, except that for a novice, every single step, every layer change, every flip or flop is important.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    WOW Larry good stuff. Im testing a new HD5850 your repaint looks awesome beyond belief. Thank you
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I just uploaded another repaint folks and this one caused me more than a few grey hairs! The paint in the lower rear fuselage area just didn't want to go where I wanted to put it so in the end I had to compromise but I think it still looks good if not quite an exact copy of the original.

I applied some spec map magic to the grey paint so that it glints with a metallic silver effect in the sunlight.

Enjoy!

:ernae:

EDIT: Damn! I just noticed a small problem in the spec map in the shot above! :angryfir:

I will get a fix up ASAP.
    Larry

I saw this repaint mentioned in an earlier post and thought it looked pretty nice. . . .your rendition is exceptional. Well Done Larry!!!:ernae:

Current System Specs:

Thanks Ed, I just uploaded the fix too. They will be available as soon as the Admins clear them, I have three files in the queue at the moment.
    Larry

ARRRGGGHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :isadizzy:

I just spotted a video of that plane posted by Ted about 4 pages back and I totally missed it the first time round!

I only had two poor photos to work from and now I realize the upper wings are painted with blue and grey areas too!

I guess it's back to the paintshop for me!

Can any of the Admins delete the two files I have in the upload queue please so that they don't get out and I will do this job properly once and for all!

The files are:
    ms-760_repaint_n760pj.zip
    and
    ms-760_repaint_n760pj_fix.zip
    Thanks.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    . . . .I only had two poor photos to work from and now I realize the upper wings are painted with blue and grey areas too!

I guess it's back to the paintshop for me! Thanks.
    lol, yep, that's the danger with these aircraft. In almost every case we can find pretty decent side and front shots, but rarely do we have access to top and bottom shots. It's usually up to us to guess what the paint scheme might be, lol.

Current System Specs:

Anyone done a fake USAF or US Navy trainer livery for this? Seems like it could look cool.

Oooh, or early 60's RCAF in bare metal would be awesome, if anyone's looking for ideas for fantasy livery.

Many thanks for this repaint TAKO, the weather was terrible around Denham today though lol!

For some reason though my nav lights don't seem to show and its not just this aircraft, I havent deleted any either, strange??

Looks like you were flying in weather that was very similar to what we had in Virginia. The wind pitched me around quite a bit, but I still got the MS-760 home in one piece.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

any weather programms used in the last screenshots?

active sky ? cloud add-on ?

BR
    Tom

Yeah its REX2, personally I think its the best for clouds!

I just uploaded my latest repaint (thanks to the Admins for stopping my other upload :ernae: ). This one caused me some major headaches and I am glad to be able to put it away to be honest.

I had to make compromises to the paint in the rear fuselage as I mentioned earlier in this thread but then when I came to paint the upper wings (missed in my earlier upload attempt) I hit more 'pixel pulling' issues. :isadizzy:

On the real aircraft there are two grey pinstripes that follow the curve of the blue area on the upper wings. Unfortunately these pass directly over the air brakes and instead of two nice, sweeping, curves the paint in this area turned into a grey/white checkerboard! I made multiple attempts to try and fix the problem but nothing worked so I had to leave those stripes off the finished repaint as it just looked awful.

I still think it looks pretty good even if it is not 100% accurate.....

Let's hope the next one doesn't give me the same problems! I have too many grey hairs now, I don't need more caused by repainting frustrations!
    Larry

That's a pretty spiff looking paint, Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    That's a pretty spiff looking paint, Larry.
    Thanks Bill. :ernae:

It would have been even spiffier if the paint went where I wanted to put it! :isadizzy:
    Larry

Outstanding job as always Larry. . .thanks for the hard work! Still waiting for this one to be posted however.

Current System Specs:

Thanks Ed glad you like it.

The uploads have been taking a while to appear recently but it will get there eventually no doubt.
    Larry

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Ohhh yes! N626TC, one sharp livery!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    ..and they appeared, excellent stuff!

I don't know if you need more ideas:
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...fd0deb3e520d38
    This one has been on my list for a while but I wasn't sure if many people would go for it.

This one is on my list too and just last night I was discussing it online with a Swiss friend of mine (a former, long-serving, Swiss Air pilot) as I cannot make out the 'signature' on the tail. He remembers the aircraft from the early 70's but in those days it was still in it's military trainer paint. He is trying to find out some more info on it for me but until I can find out what the name is on the tail this one is going to have to sit for a while.

This one is not on my list (yet) but looks easy enough to work it around Tim's stock military bare metal scheme. I would need to research the logo on the nose though so that I can get it right. Anyone have any ideas?

This is a very similar scheme to the Swiss one (with a few colour changes and minus the Swiss flag on the tail). Should be easy enough to do either before or after the Swiss one if anyone wants it (no point in me painting it if there is no interest in it though ).

I considered this at one point and then moved on again....lol. There are very few photos of it on the net and I am really not sure if the stripe is gold or silver. It's really had to tell in that shot. The nose area looks silver but the tail area looks gold.

If anyone wants one of the less appealing paints above shout up, I am too busy to spend my time painting skins that nobody wants.
    Larry