What is it about love....

Thread: What is it about love....

What is it about love....

that makes men do things for their wives that are against their better judgement?

I know all you married men have done it....so you will be able to relate to the following:

My mother-in-law and father-in-law recently celebrated their anniversary....don't ask me which one because I have no idea....somewhere in the upper 20s. My MIL, Helen, has been wanting a VW Bug, the new kind, for some time now. Every time she sees one, she goes on and on about it. Well, as an anniversary gift, my FIL, Grif, took Helen out to a car lot and got her a very nice used convertible Bug. Sharp car. Traded in her 2003 Chevy Malibu, which was a low mileage car, which was totally paid off, which was totally practical, toward this bug.

Helen is happy that she has her drop top Beatle...but she won't put the top down because her hair gets messed up. The other day, Deb and I went with them out to Amish Country....Deb and Helen in the bug, Grif and I in Grif's big Dodge truck...because the back seat in the bug is useless for anyone over 14 inches tall. Four people going to Amish Country, two vehicles to get them there.

So, in place of a very nice, very usable, paid off four door.....there is now a monthly car payment, a back seat that can't be used, a drop top that won't be used, the maintenance in keeping that drop top from drying out and leaking.

So, what is it about love that makes men go against their better judgement to make the women in our lives happy? What ever it is, it's probably the same thing that causes men to die an average of 8 years before women.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happiness Consultant
    Not so sure it has to do with Love Obio ... mebbe its senility?
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post

So, in place of a very nice, very usable, paid off four door.....there is now a monthly car payment, a back seat that can't be used, a drop top that won't be used, the maintenance in keeping that drop top from drying out and leaking.

So, what is it about love that makes men go against their better judgement to make the women in our lives happy? What ever it is, it's probably the same thing that causes men to die an average of 8 years before women.

OBIO
    well as i have a drop top Chrysler
    i totally agree
    but they are fun
    and seem to be a big hit with older Ladies
    H

Retired SOH Administrator
    that makes men do things for their wives that are against their better judgement?

I know all you married men have done it....so you will be able to relate to the following:

My mother-in-law and father-in-law recently celebrated their anniversary....don't ask me which one because I have no idea....somewhere in the upper 20s. My MIL, Helen, has been wanting a VW Bug, the new kind, for some time now. Every time she sees one, she goes on and on about it. Well, as an anniversary gift, my FIL, Grif, took Helen out to a car lot and got her a very nice used convertible Bug. Sharp car. Traded in her 2003 Chevy Malibu, which was a low mileage car, which was totally paid off, which was totally practical, toward this bug.

Helen is happy that she has her drop top Beatle...but she won't put the top down because her hair gets messed up. The other day, Deb and I went with them out to Amish Country....Deb and Helen in the bug, Grif and I in Grif's big Dodge truck...because the back seat in the bug is useless for anyone over 14 inches tall. Four people going to Amish Country, two vehicles to get them there.

OBIO
    That is unconditional love, Obio! and it is a very sweet feeling if you knew your other half is happy with whatever you could offer, even if it is against your will!! :ernae:

Congratulations to their wedding anniversary, May they have many more to come!!! :ernae:

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, what is it about love that makes men go against their better judgement to make the women in our lives happy?
    Same reason why men always do women all kinds of favors: Intercourse.

sandar
    I gave my wife a bug yesterday, but she wasn't too pleased about it.

The bug in question here wasn't a VW type it was a salmonella type. Not good news at any time, but when you are type one diabetic, extremely bad news. All I got was a belly ache and a serious dose of the farts, she was hospitalised, although she is now home again and recovering well.

I am now consigned to living in the kennel (dog house), not only because i poisoned her, but because I am still anti-social and contributing to global warming through the release of noxious greenhouse gasses.

No pleasing some women, you cook for them, clean up after them. poison them and they still whine.

Quote Originally Posted by sandar View Post
    I gave my wife a bug yesterday, but she wasn't too pleased about it.

The bug in question here wasn't a VW type it was a salmonella type. Not good news at any time, but when you are type one diabetic, extremely bad news. All I got was a belly ache and a serious dose of the farts, she was hospitalised, although she is now home again and recovering well.

I am now consigned to living in the kennel (dog house), not only because i poisoned her, but because I am still anti-social and contributing to global warming through the release of noxious greenhouse gasses.

No pleasing some women, you cook for them, clean up after them. poison them and they still whine.
    Get well soon to the wife there Sandar, I sincerly hope she is feeling better, getting darn near any bug is a serious issue if you are diabetic.

Now the gas thing well just remind her that it is not healthy to hold farts in, when you do they travel up your spin and that's where $hitty ideas come from...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

OBIO<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    1. Because we (men) can.
    2. By making the wife happy, she makes me happy. (translate: I can now purchase that new Corvette)
    3. And, if I die 8 years before my wife, I will die happy.

Sheesh, OBIO. That wasn't hard to answer at all. LOL. :ernae:

--WH