FSX Convair 240
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSX Convair 240

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar

FSX Convair 240

Convair 240 Package
    25.79Mb (357 downloads)
    FSX Convair 240 The FSX SP2 ONLY model of the Convair 240. 100% FSX compliant. Hi-resolution textures, fully functional VC adapted from the default DC-3. Realistic flight-dynamics and operations. . Full animation includes the self-storing stairway. I tried to capture the spirit of the glorious, old radials. Three liveries including vintage Continental Airlines, U.S.A.F (C-131), and fictional modern cargo contractor. Model, texturing and flight-dynamics by Brett Henderson. Pilots, Alejandro Rojas Lucena. And as always.. thanks to the Simv / FFDS crew.

<table width="390"><tbody><tr><td>

</td> <td align="right"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

That looks interesting, thanks!
    I have no idea why, but nowadays, I cannot DL from Simviation, I hope it goes up elsewhere!!

I just took her for spin around McMurdo default and was doing doughnuts on the runway. Although McMurdo is messed up position wise in FSX according to my Google Earth Tracker. She is a sweet ride and loves the Cold. Perhaps a e-mail to the Developer to upload here or Flightsim.com maybe. Although I think if not mistaken Brett Henderson is a member here.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    I have no idea why, but nowadays, I cannot DL from Simviation, I hope it goes up elsewhere!!
    What browser do you use? I use Opera and find that Simviation does not co-operate. You can browse the site but cannot download anything. However if I use Internet Explorer everything is fine and dandy.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

I'll upload it here..

I'm currently modeling the Allison, turbine nacelles... so I can stretch the fuselage.. stretch the nose; for a CV580

Yesterday I flew with it
    Is realy fantastic airplane

Thanks Brett, I just love these nice old ladies of the sky! No new fangled CRTs to clog up my PC, just nice old fashioned 'hands on' flying.

I use both IE8 and Firefox, niether produce downloads (but go through the motions) and after the second attempt I am told to enter a password for an FTP download! I get jusr 12kb and then after a minute or so it times out!!! Bloody annoying and not a site I ever visit nowadays.

Just downloaded from Simviation using Firefox ver 3.5.2 and Windows7 Ultimate, no problems. Slow download speed at around 35kbps, but otherwise it went fine.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

nice cant wait to fly this plane i have a compass from a real Convair 240 in my computer room
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    If you're using a download manager it won't allow it so you have to disable it. With Star downloader I hit the alt key as I click to download and that disables it. Also sometimes a download can take up to 30 seconds to start.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2015
    thanks for the HU.

David

If you're using a download manager it won't allow it so you have to disable it. With Star downloader I hit the alt key as I click to download and that disables it. Also sometimes a download can take up to 30 seconds to start.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Dare I mention the CV-240, 340, 440, and 580 from CalClassics?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Dare I mention the CV-240, 340, 440, and 580 from CalClassics?

They're great models ! .. Greg Pepper was in mind, all the way through my design process.. I'm using his Gmax source file as a template for the 580 engine nacelles.

However.. they aren't FSX models.. unless they've been recompiled, and I just wasn't aware of it.

They were upgraded with fully functional virtual cockpits and new flight models a few months ago, both FS9 and FSX versions.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

They were upgraded with fully functional virtual cockpits and new flight models a few months ago, both FS9 and FSX versions.
    I know.. but are they true, native FSX models ? Or FS9-FSX port-overs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_Henderson View Post
    I'm currently modeling the Allison, turbine nacelles... so I can stretch the fuselage.. stretch the nose; for a CV580

Wheeeeee!

By the way, Brad: Is this the *default* VC of the DC-3 or a (modelingwise) modified version?

And: Judging from your releases so far (CV-240, CV-580), you seem to have a slight faible for regional/feeder aircraft. Is there *any* chance for a Metro III, Fh-227, F-50 or Dash-8Q400?

That's quite a surprise; I haven't read anything about that on any of the major sites...*Shrugs*

Whatever, good to know though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_Henderson View Post
    I know.. but are they true, native FSX models ? Or FS9-FSX port-overs ?
    The FSX versions are port overs. Nicely done, but based on FS9 models.

The FSX versions are port overs. Nicely done, but based on FS9 models.
    As long as they're working without a significant frame rate hits...

Man, upon seeing the Frontier repaint, I really wished for a 70s/80s rendition of Denver Stapleton - together with some Retro AI. *Dreams away*

By the way, Brad: Is this the *default* VC of the DC-3 or a (modelingwise) modified version?

And: Judging from your releases so far (CV-240, CV-580), you seem to have a slight faible for regional/feeder aircraft. Is there *any* chance for a Metro III, Fh-227, F-50 or Dash-8Q400?
    It's the defaut DC-3 virtual cockpit.. with lots of modification. To start with, I had to re-size the whole thing a tad.. Then re-size and re-locate the gauge polygons, for a more useable layout. I "stole" gauge polygons from the hydraulics (over by the cowl-flap knobs), because you cannot just add VC gauges without re-doing that goofy $string layout.. ala "cookie-cutter" gauging... they were moved to the main panel to accomodate the fuel-flow and VOR gauges. . THEN I went ahead and fixed some bugs.. you can now apply carb-heat and use the fuel cut-offs by the VC levers. They were properly animated, just not attached via the FSX animation manager. Then of course I changed out the ancient radios.. but left the nifty Sperry AP (except on the modern cargo version.. that panel has a Bendix AP and DME)..

For the airspeed and fuel-flow gauges.. I built them from scratch (with a little hacked, default XML code)..

Oh.. and yeah.. I like the short-haul stuff. Have you tried my Saab 340 ?

I love your Saab. Just did a CYZF to KGRB run with a stop in Regina. Had to stop at Bong although nasty storms over N. WI.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    I just took her for spin around McMurdo default and was doing doughnuts on the runway. Although McMurdo is messed up position wise in FSX according to my Google Earth Tracker. She is a sweet ride and loves the Cold. Perhaps a e-mail to the Developer to upload here or Flightsim.com maybe. Although I think if not mistaken Brett Henderson is a member here.

Just change

[piston_engine]
    normalized_starter_torque=0.000000000001 //0.003 <--- Org

David

Charter Member 2015
    Is there an easy way to cut down shine on the skin?

David

There are three components to the shine.. It's difficult to explain how they interact, because they kind of "help" each other.

-Reflectivity comes from the main texture's (CV240_1_T) alpha channel

-The "shine" comes from the specteral map (1T_spec)

-The shine is highlighted by alpha channel of the 1T_spec map

All three are different for each paint scheme.. and they're all shades of white-gray-black.

The thing is though.. to get a chrome effect, AND a glass effect, AND a metal effect,, ALL based off one, main bitmap, it gets tricky, and there are also material settings applied from within GMAX that become hard-coded into the model..

Long story short.. I could have made it more flexible, by having small ,seperate textures for for chrome and glass, but that can cost FPS.

If you know how to use alpha channels and want to experiment, I'll help if I can.