Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 9
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    There is no reason for someone to get bored with this. I can easily switch careers and become a miner, or merchant...

Yep. On my off nights, if I dont feel like trading, I just jump out to a far sector and then start looking for missed gates. I love the exploring part...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Yep. On my off nights, if I dont feel like trading, I just jump out to a far sector and then start looking for missed gates. I love the exploring part...
    Bill
    Bill I think this is where we started...lol as I recall when you started this thread my first reply was about restarting an exploring career. I have explored every sector in the X3 Reunion version at least once, and I am working on Terran Conflict now. I have always found it enjoyable to just poke around, and when I am in the mood for excitment or need some credits I stop and pick up a mission or two. I have to say this is right up there with Flight Sim in playability you can play almost any style you like and the possibilities are limitless.

My all time fav space sim/game is the Wing Commander / Privateer series, they set a very high standard in their day with graphics and FMV and a story line plot that changed the outcome depending on your success with various tasks. I think X3 is about to become my new Fav Space Sim, the only thing I can see missing is you can't take your accomplishments from version to version, like you could with WC 1, 2 & 3, and Privateer, it is a real PITA starting from scratch, but a nice challange none the less.

I am goign to start mining a few asteroids tonight, I claimed an abandoned Mining support ship last night so I am putting the mobile drilling laser on the personal ship and I am off to blow up some rocks, it looks like there is profit in them thar asteroids...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Mike,

Roger that...

So how did you find this ship? Is there a way to detect ships that arent manned or arent moving?

I guess they will be parked, etc, non-moving. There is a bio-scanner upgrade. I guess you might scan them to see if they have a pilot in there, eh?

You guys are finding a ton of ships, lolol.. I have only found like 2. arrgh..

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Hey Mike,
    So how did you find this ship? Is there a way to detect ships that arent manned or arent moving?

I guess they will be parked, etc, non-moving. There is a bio-scanner upgrade. I guess you might scan them to see if they have a pilot in there, eh?

You guys are finding a ton of ships, lolol.. I have only found like 2. arrgh..
    Bill
    I should have mentioned this before, it is fairly easy to find abandoned ships (a triplex scanner helps a great deal) just bring up the sector map and look at the ships, any ship that does not have a race name at the beginning is abandoned. You will quickly see the active ships in the list Agron Buster, Pirate Harrier Raider etc, if you see just Harrier raider or Buster, lock it up as a target and go claim it. When I am not on a timed mission I always try to do a quick run around a system and check the ships list to see what goodies I can find.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    I should have mentioned this before, it is fairly easy to find abandoned ships (a triplex scanner helps a great deal) just bring up the sector map and look at the ships, any ship that does not have a race name at the beginning is abandoned. You will quickly see the active ships in the list Agron Buster, Pirate Harrier Raider etc, if you see just Harrier raider or Buster, lock it up as a target and go claim it. When I am not on a timed mission I always try to do a quick run around a system and check the ships list to see what goodies I can find.

I use the same trick to find abandoned freight ( they show up as little rectangles on the map ).
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Dang!!!!!

Thanks guys...

Off to try that.

Tonight! I am junk collector!!!

:d

I finally got this game installed and took a quick spin/tour of it last night. You guys aren't kidding about the scope of this "game." Wow, it's massive...

this is definitely not a "weeknight" type of game...lol. I better find some time this weekend to dive into it...

btw, i couldn't find that engine you were talking about Bill. The one where you press J to go faster? Right now, im in some training fighter and i move super slow (490km/hr?).... it takes forever just to reach stations orbiting around Pluto (i think im around pluto).... i docked to the station and browsed the trading merchants...they were only selling weapons and a bunch of stuff which i have no clue what they do..... this game is seriously hardcore....in a good way

-feng

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by FengZ View Post
    I finally got this game installed and took a quick spin/tour of it last night. You guys aren't kidding about the scope of this "game." Wow, it's massive...

this is definitely not a "weeknight" type of game...lol. I better find some time this weekend to dive into it...

btw, i couldn't find that engine you were talking about Bill. The one where you press J to go faster? Right now, im in some training fighter and i move super slow (490km/hr?).... it takes forever just to reach stations orbiting around Pluto (i think im around pluto).... i docked to the station and browsed the trading merchants...they were only selling weapons and a bunch of stuff which i have no clue what they do..... this game is seriously hardcore....in a good way

-feng
    Howdy Feng !! Welcome.......

If you are in the Pluto sector, dock at the Orbital Patrol Base/ Equipment Dock. The "singularity engine time accelerator" runs about $250.
    Also get "engine tuning" and "rudder optimization".
    490km/hr. isn't bad....the "SETA" will help a lot !!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    LD's on it. The SETA is the engine.. Once you have it, just hit J.

You can find them on the Argon Free Trade Stations down south of there. When you engage the engine, its much faster crossing Sectors. Takes FOREVER to cross a sector otherwise.. I was stuck like that for several days, lol.. Talk about getting a person full of anxiety, lol..

Right now, I have a Iguanna Vanguard that does over 2,000 M/S normal speed. When I hit J key, it practically folds space. The jump gate leaps up at me in about 1 second. Great stuff..

Bill

LD's on it. The SETA is the engine.. Once you have it, just hit J.

You can find them on the Argon Free Trade Stations down south of there. When you engage the engine, its much faster crossing Sectors. Takes FOREVER to cross a sector otherwise.. I was stuck like that for several days, lol.. Talk about getting a person full of anxiety, lol..

Right now, I have a Iguanna Vanguard that does over 2,000 M/S normal speed. When I hit J key, it practically folds space. The jump gate leaps up at me in about 1 second. Great stuff..

Bill
    thanks for the tips guys! I'll buy the stuff tonight....moving faster will definitely help. During the tutorial, the dood was dropping crates so far from me, it took 3-5min just to reach it at full speed.

The graphics are pretty sweet in this game. I'm running at 1920x1200 and it's gorgeous....tho all that spinning is starting to get me motion sick. I have to FOV set to 70...is there anyway to decrease this further w/ a hack? For 1920x1200...i usually like the FOV to be around 50-60....otherwise the distortion around the corners gets me sick....

-feng

Hey, y'all,

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this but am not sure which edition to buy. I've seen X3 2.0, another that says it includes the "Aldrin missions," and a "gold" version that also has something called "Reunion." Prices seem to vary, with "gold" version running between $34.99 and $39.99. Which one do I want?

I so want to join the space race! :ernae:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

X3 2.0

You can save some money here:

http://www.gogamer.com/X3--Terran-Co...VVviewprod.htm

Lately they have been having special 24Hr sales on this for half that price on the GoGamer website. Keep checking unless you really want it right away. GoGamer was good to deal with, in my experience.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Dain,

Thanks. I've seen Amazon carrying a special from gogamer. I'll order it today!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Basically X3TC 2.0 is the same as 2.5, already has the Aldrin missions. When you get it, locate the 2.5 update at Egosoft.com and install that.

I do not see why to go to X3 Reunion except for the missions, in which case you would want to get that first, play all the way through it, then get X3TC and start playing that.

I see that Mosquito missles do absolutely nothing to Xenon raiders.. I pegged two last night about 10 times each with Mosquito missles and 'nadda.. ' Not a thing happened.. Wooooot tha..?

Must be good armour..

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Hey, y'all,

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this but am not sure which edition to buy. I've seen X3 2.0, another that says it includes the "Aldrin missions," and a "gold" version that also has something called "Reunion." Prices seem to vary, with "gold" version running between $34.99 and $39.99. Which one do I want?

I so want to join the space race! :ernae:
    Craig, if you have not ordered yet, the X3-Gold is the best version for the buck, it is a compliation of X3 Reunion, and X3 Terran Conflict, so you get both. There is also an X-Gold edidtion which is the very first version so be careful (I doubt it is around anywhere now tho) X3Gold is hard to find (here in Canada anyway) it is sold out on the Ergosoft site and I cna't find it in any retail shops. You may have some luck in the US, but I was not even able to order it shipped to Canada from GoGamer. I do have to pass along another big THANKS to Mr Bill Lionheart for finding me a copy of Terran Conflict and posting here to the great white north.

I have played X2, X3 Reunion, and Now X3 Terran Conflict, the game play is very simular in all 3 and the graphics are excellent in all. The biggest difference with Terran Conflict is the change to the user interface, it is upgraded somewhat and it took me a little while to get used to the changes, but overall the "WOW" factor is about the same in Reunion and Terran Conflict. The other big difference between the 2 is the additional Terran Sectors, they do add 30 sectors to the game and a significant number of new ships, weapons and missions.

As far as the Version 2.0 goes, don't worrry about that, regardless of which box set you get, the updates are free and you can update stright from the Ergosoft site, the full uppgrade from 1.3 to 2.5 (that is 3 seperate updates) is about 220meg, some game enhancments in these but mostly bug fixes and the real big one is ver 2.5 removes the starforce copy protection LEGALLY right from the producer.

Regardless which version you end up with I am sure you will be amazed it is one awsome game/sim/alternate reality... just make sure you set aside time to get into it FengZ is right it is not a weeknighter, but a short hop nightly is always a nice diversion from reality...lol

Good luck out there - Live Long and Prosper...

BTW I am working on the Wing Comander Ship Mod now, I am having trouble with the carriers but I hope to sort that out while the wife is away this weekend.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I see that Mosquito missles do absolutely nothing to Xenon raiders.. I pegged two last night about 10 times each with Mosquito missles and 'nadda.. ' Not a thing happened.. Wooooot tha..?

Must be good armour..
    Bill
    Bill have you checked out the Apricot Mapping Service mods and guides (http://apricotmappingservice.com/) the site has tons of great tips tricks and general guides on the game, including some spoilers and some excellent Mods. I love the "Apricot Mapping Service Mod Ver 2.0" it gives you an alternate start to the game and a little better equipment than the default, kind of a spoiler because you do not have to work as hard but if you were like me and had worked your way up in a previous version it makes things the way they should be.

If you don't want to use the spoiler the guides are still very useful they explain much better things like the ship extentions and how to use them - think sector auto traiding. There are also numerous cheat scripts but that is up to you to use then or not.

The guy who put that site together has done an excellent job, kind of like some FS Developers we all know.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired SOH Administrator
    I think I am at a loss here...

I don't seem to see what you all see, is there something especial I need to do? I am using a 62 inc TV for my screen and I am feeling I want to throw up after a while...

There are a lot of things I see that I can go, is there a specific door way to go that route... It is scary out here and I am on space alone... I don't seem to see anyone yet... Just flying across a planet right now, but I couldn't seem to land, looks like it is unreachable (?)

I need a lot of studying... this is a real HUGE game....:isadizzy::isadizzy:

(I think I need Hannah's help)

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    I think I am at a loss here...

I don't seem to see what you all see, is there something especial I need to do? I am using a 62 inc TV for my screen and I am feeling I want to throw up after a while...

There are a lot of things I see that I can go, is there a specific door way to go that route... It is scary out here and I am on space alone... I don't seem to see anyone yet... Just flying across a planet right now, but I couldn't seem to land, looks like it is unreachable (?)

I need a lot of studying... this is a real HUGE game....:isadizzy::isadizzy:

(I think I need Hannah's help)
    I wish I had a 62" screen to play this on, but then I would never get any work done...lol

Chacha, what is your resolution set to? Most HD TV screens are 1080 I suspect you may lose some detail compared to what I get at 1920 x 1200, but you should see stations and ships, there are very few empty sectors and none near the start point. The planets are unreachable you dock at staations in space and carriers when you can afford them.

You may need to adjust the video option in the game to get full details, give that a try and if it does nothing let me know what resolution you are using and I will knock my game back and see what it looks like, then I can tell if you are missing anything. I will say this is a game that looks best in very high res.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I saw it online via Amazon from Target, so I stopped by there on the way home. Not physically in stores! So, I pulled the trigger last night on X3 2.0 from gogamer, through Amazon. Good price - $17.99 plus 5.95 S&H. I've seen multiple versions of something called Reunion - one for just under $10, and one for as much as $39.99. I'm sure it will be sorted by Christmas so I can wait on that one, I think.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Mobayrasta View Post
    It wasn't yesterday. Figures. No worries, though. From what I'm reading here, X3 should occupy me for quite a while, and by the time I'm tired of it I expect Reunion 2.0 will be in the bargain bin.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post

This has been really fun for me lately. Great tip. I also do the "lost" ship runs for cash. Find, repair, send the ship on AP back to the owner and wait for the message you have cash. That and I'll run a Base Defense missions. No need to travel usually, wait for the baddies to pop. During the fight, it seems like if you Comm the pilot and advise them to Surrender! when their ship is taking damage, sometimes they eject and leave the ship. Maybe that's just random. Remember to always clean up after any fight if you can.

Bill, you mentioned being a junk collector in a previous post as well. Guess thats what I turned out to be in X3:TC LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    It wasn't yesterday. Figures. No worries, though. From what I'm reading here, X3 should occupy me for quite a while, and by the time I'm tired of it I expect Reunion 2.0 will be in the bargain bin.

Unfortunately it kept me occupied until about 5 a.m. this morning. :isadizzy: :isadizzy:

SOH-CM-2014
    I did a number of missions last night for the Terrans and we were asked to dock at the Space Logistics station. I couldnt dock, lol.. Its definately a ID 'something' on my Split Iguanna Vanguard ship. If I was in an Argon or Terran craft, I am sure I could have docked. I wonder what in the world setting I need to get permissions to dock in the Terran sectors? arrgh..

I got a load of various types of missles last night and went hunting for Xenon and pirate raiders. Found some. :d

Dang pirates got me one time. arrgh.. When it goes to that famous rear shot exterior view, you know its time to eject..

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Unfortunately it kept me occupied until about 5 a.m. this morning. :isadizzy: :isadizzy:
    Yeah...that's what I'm afraid of, too. :ernae:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR