Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 7
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Yumpin Yiminee!........It works !!!!!
    Loaded up super tuning, hull & shield rebuild and universal satellites.
    Followed Gig's plan and purchased a Mammoth freighter.
    Now I need to arm it and figure out how to get some fighters to dock in the hanger.
    And another one bites the dust....
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    And another one bites the dust....
    lololol...

Have fun LD!

I think the 'Carrier Command Software' package helps on using drones and ships when docked or docking to your Carrier/Dreadnaught.

You can assign them 'Homes' and select which/where it is, and can then include Carriers/Dreadnaughts.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Well, now that my Iguanna is doing 2155 M/S (without SETA drive running), I have found the courage to do drive throughs in the Xenon sectors. They used to blast me as soon as I was a ways out from the gate. Now, they just watch my dust streak by. :d

Got to a secluded, closed off one-way-out 'unknown sector' just past a Xenon sector, and curiosity got me. So I went for it. I finally found the gate out past two Xenon 'somethings' and went through and looked around. Pretty wild. Then, I see this ship behind a asteroid. I go over there, and its just sitting there. What luck! An abandoned ship... I quickly claimed it and realised I coudnt get it through the Xenon sector, lolol... I would need Jump Drive in it.

So I cheated, opened my Cheat list, installed Jump Drive, some Energy Units, set AP to 'Auto-Jump' and got it to the nearest friendly sector to fuel up and jump home.

:d

A very nice find.

Abandoned ship is a Falcon Sentinel.

I also decided to 'create' a Split Supply Elephant. Basically a huge supply dreadnaught. I am into hauling cargo, so when I discovered what they were (and the fact that they look pretty wild) I decided I must have one. That was at nearly 2AM last night though, so tonight after work, I am going to create the supply drones that shuttle cargo back and fourth to the ship.

I wish I could figure out auto-trade.. Anyone figure out if its possible to have ships purchase and sell automatically, or if thats even possible in X3TC...

Below is a shot of the super huge Elephant on a test drive, and then docking at the Teladi Supply Yard, next to my other 'cool chariot' the M1 Tokyo Super Carrier. Other shots are of the Falcon Sentinel.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

GoGamer once again has this on their 48 hour madness sale http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...&extid=Oct2309 $12.90 for X3:TC 2.0 with the Aldrin Missions PAck. What a great deal. If you do not have this game, there is absolutely no reason not to buy it at this price. AMAZING Price Amazing space sim, go buy it people! (no I do not work for gogamer....lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobayrasta View Post
    GoGamer once again has this on their 48 hour madness sale http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...&extid=Oct2309 $12.90 for X3:TC 2.0 with the Aldrin Missions PAck. What a great deal. If you do not have this game, there is absolutely no reason not to buy it at this price. AMAZING Price Amazing space sim, go buy it people! (no I do not work for gogamer....lol)
    $15.89 total including shipping. That is a good deal. I keep looking at this one...
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

This is intriguing me as well - especially at that price. I looked at the system requirements, and my old-as-the-hills Dimension 4600 meets or exceeds everything except the core-duo processor requirements. Does anyone have any experience with how this will run on an older machine? I've got a 3 GHz single core with 3 GB of RAM, and a 256 MB AGP graphics card (nVidia 7800 GS). Whaddya think?
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    This is intriguing me as well - especially at that price. I looked at the system requirements, and my old-as-the-hills Dimension 4600 meets or exceeds everything except the core-duo processor requirements. Does anyone have any experience with how this will run on an older machine? I've got a 3 GHz single core with 3 GB of RAM, and a 256 MB AGP graphics card (nVidia 7800 GS). Whaddya think?
    I'm running it pretty good ( 6 out of a possible 10 ) with a 2.8 dual, 3 GBs of RAM and a 128 card. You should do OK.

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post

I am at 2.9 Ghz and 3 Gigs or RAM also. There are stutters at times, but for some reason, they are not as bad or dont seem as bad as FSX. At times, its glass smooth, and at times, it will stutter.

On my little hp Laptop, its horrible though. Cant play it.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Where.... (where...) are all the Navigation Satellites? I check everywhere, found most of the gates on the far South East, and still, have found no Nav Sats.

Does anyone know where they might be?

I know.. I could cheat some in, but would rather find them the real way.

Many thanks for any input,

Bill

Nav sats not included...................
    you have to buy and place them in the sectors of your choice....( I think )

LD

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Nav sats not included...................
    you have to buy and place them in the sectors of your choice....( I think )

LD
    Yep.. Thats true, but I cannot figure out where they hide them at. I could Cheat them into existence, but it would be cool to figure out where they hide at. Sometimes they are at the main Argon Price trade station, sometimes there are a couple of them in other places, like in Teladi space..

Usually all stations are out of them.. have to be really lucky to find some.

Bill

Demo ran smooth, except for the high poly area, stuttering there.

I loved Privateer and similar games. Looks like I'll give it a go. Thanks for providing all of the info here you have, folks.

Thanks, LD and Lionheart. I'm with Dain - I'll have to chase down the demo to see what I'm getting in to...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey guys,

I found a Asteroid that is a Silicon Wafer candidate with a yield of 28. How on Earth (or Argon Prime) does one make the asteroid fascility on it?

I would think I needed to claim the asteroid.

I tried purchasing the Silicon Mining Fascility at the Argon Prime shipyard, but they wouldnt sell it to me as I didnt have a rented TC something freighter, etc, and not enough storage for the kit/package.

Does anyone have knowledge on this they would like to share?

Bill

Not there yet............

I'm having a hard time establishing a wheat farm !

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Not there yet............

I'm having a hard time establishing a wheat farm !
    Are they good money? I havent hauled wheat yet. No idea on costs and profits. I noticed when I tried making my own station via Cheat list and 'thereshallbewings', that I get a generic base that only makes wheat. I need a Silicon mine, dangit! lol... (maybe wheat is better though).

I just started hauling Silicon Wafers and computer components. There are some good prices in Wafers. If you can pick them up for about 220 to 240 each, you can sell them at over 400, sometimes near 500 each. But reload time for each base to need more is timely. Not like ore where bases (stations) go through it really quick.

I found that missile creation stations pay really nicely for regular ore. Sometimes well over 200 each for ore. That can be great if you have a super freighter. Figure purchasing it for 50 Ea. and selling at say 220 Ea.

Oh... I found where I can get Nav Relay Sats. I was looking at the Free Trade stations. There are Advanced Sat factories and a couple of Nav Relay Sat factories. I didnt know you could buy them factory direct. Usually they are out (like the trade stations) but if you invest in selling the Sat stations their supplies, suddenly they are cranking out Sats. (I could cheat and make sats for all sectors, but wanted to see how its done. Nothing like ejecting and planting my own Sats in systems).

I see that I can make a ship to go from one location to another, purchasing and selling. Its very very basic. In other games, I could set ships to have particular costs and set multi purchases, quantities, price limits, etc. Then I could even make small fleets of these sailing ships. But thats other games... not X3.

I am thinking of creating a Caiman Super Freighter. The long version units look pretty cool. Unfortunately, the Med and the long version have the same names, so this will be pick and miss I think. arrgh..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014

Where are your favorite sectors?

Hey guys,

So where are your favorite sectors?

I find that I hang out most along the top west, Ceos Buckzoid has become home where I park my fleet (when they park). All the systems just under there and to the left are my fave money making centers. I am trying to expand, now that I can get Relay Sats. No use doing huge Jumps if I do not know what the prices and stocks will be when I get there.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Ok... I found a cool Script for automated ship trading. I am going to check it out now and give you guys feedback if I can figure it out.

The webpage on it is here;
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221815

The product or script is called; Commodity Logistics Software MK1 and MK2

You can set price limits, various docks, etc.

There is a brilliant tutorial on how it works on the website.

Alot of these guys that create the fixes and scripts are German, so they are pretty intense in clarity and precision and extra functions.

:d

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    That was a good night of X3.. Wheww.... I think I played 4 to 5 hours.. Took a brake for dinner, lol..

I didnt get a chance to check out that NAV Trade software. Looks promising.

I set up a computer plant station in Argone Prime sector, and built my Asteroid Silicon mine station in Three Worlds sector. I run Energy Cells to both bases, Cahoona's to the Computer plant, transfer Silicon to the Computer Plant, and computers slowly get produced. Very expensive. Perhaps not the way to go. I may have to sell them.

Anyone know how to sell ships? I have too many. arrgh.. Difficult to keep 4 big heavies running freight manually and I still have about 4 or more other birds just sitting.

Side note; Ship yards, where you buy bases at, require you to have a huge cargo ship. I used my new Split Elephant. I had the room them. They load them aboard as kits. Then I went to my asteroid and clicked on Cargo, selected the Silicon mine, it asks 'do you want to build the kit here?' yes... clickie clickie, done... Huge base!

I created my computer plant right near the North jump gate. Just go through and dive straight down, cant miss it. :d No asteroids to bump into.

I lost my fave Split Iguanna Vanguard. It just disappeard. I loved that thing. What a bummer. Cant find it on the list or anything. Totally missing... Must have bumped into an asteroid???

Photo attached; heading to my new computer plant at Argon Prime. Ship is the new Split Super Freighter. Top speed is only 87 M/S, but a good ship. About 10,000 capacity in the cargo bay when fully expanded.

Bill

My copy arrived from GoGamer.com this morning. Wow, pretty thick little manual with it!

I'm probably more of an explorer type, any tips for a noob stepping out into the void?

Happiness Consultant
    I still prefer to rid the world of evil via the old fashioned means
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    My copy arrived from GoGamer.com this morning. Wow, pretty thick little manual with it!

I'm probably more of an explorer type, any tips for a noob stepping out into the void?

Hey Dain,

Welcome aboard.

Its pretty overwhelming when you start it for the first time. So much to learn. The first thing you want to do is get the SETA drive (Singularity Engine Time Accellerator or something like that). You purchase it at the local free trade station. Then hit J and you clip along faster to the locations.

Then, when you can afford it (after making some funds), get the Jump Drive.

You will be overwhelmed at discovering all the various new sectors. You need to make money to upgrade your engine so you can shoot through the sectors faster.

Have fun!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    I still prefer to rid the world of evil via the old fashioned means
    DDO is a great game. I was in the first beta a long time ago, and the last one with the free version. The pay as you go is nice, I like the new changes. But for some reason I never could "click" with DDO and keep playing it. Probably too involved with LOTRO at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey Dain,

Welcome aboard.

Its pretty overwhelming when you start it for the first time. So much to learn. The first thing you want to do is get the SETA drive (Singularity Engine Time Accellerator or something like that). You purchase it at the local free trade station. Then hit J and you clip along faster to the locations.

Then, when you can afford it (after making some funds), get the Jump Drive.

You will be overwhelmed at discovering all the various new sectors. You need to make money to upgrade your engine so you can shoot through the sectors faster.

Have fun!

Bill
    Sorry, Bill. Overwhemling is an understatement. Wow-Wee!

I like this style of game though, reminds me A LOT of when I was playing in the "Jumpgate" Online beta. Good memories with that old game. Lots to do, need to dig the old Saitek twisty stick for this one.

Okay back to school... :isadizzy:

Happiness Consultant
    DDO is a great game. I was in the first beta a long time ago, and the last one with the free version. The pay as you go is nice, I like the new changes. But for some reason I never could "click" with DDO and keep playing it. Probably too involved with LOTRO at the time.
    I was in the original beta ... and am considered vip yet. Still have my original member id number.

I do have to admit, I've walked away from DDO once or twice, not because I got bored but other things came up. You know how life is.

I'm more or less getting back into it, a little at a time. I still have a full paid membership so all the areas are open to me and its good to see them focus on the solo player more.

With regard to the bolded text in the quote: LOTROnline ... Never tried it how much different is it?
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Retired SOH Administrator
    Sorry, Bill. Overwhemling is an understatement. Wow-Wee!

I like this style of game though, reminds me A LOT of when I was playing in the "Jumpgate" Online beta. Good memories with that old game. Lots to do, need to dig the old Saitek twisty stick for this one.

Okay back to school... :isadizzy:
    Oh man, this is sooooooooooooooooo huge, it is so huge that it overwhelms my enjoyment........

..The next good thing from the very best thing.... sorry, I am tongue tied

Alright as Dain says, back to school..... I will have a great time slacking....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]