Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 19
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Well, I lost two Caiman Super Freighters to some 'FREAK' called a Xenon 'Q'.

I found the dang thing, raiding a sector, attacking a freighter. Huge thing.... Small battleship. So I pursued in my Nemesis...

I distracted it a few times, couldnt get my lasers to fire, and launched a volley of 10 Aurora missles. No damage to the raider.. Grim. Hyperjumped out of their back to my base at Argon Prime.

Tonight I'll be repairing the fleet, rebuilding the two lost freighters.

arghh...

Screenshot of the night.

Bill
    Yeah I'm kinda stuck in the plot line right now because of a Q. Of course, I'm also trying to figure out a way to cap it. Those things kick butt!
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Yeah I'm kinda stuck in the plot line right now because of a Q. Of course, I'm also trying to figure out a way to cap it. Those things kick butt!

Roger that..

I wonder if its in the missiles.. Certain missiles seem to do certain things. I could be wrong. In the trailers, you usually see (I think) Medusa missles being used, (multi warhead approach objects or delivery vehicles).

I couldn't believe my lasers wouldn't fire on the Nemesis, lol.. Its loaded to the hilt and I had nothing. arrgh.. I must need ammo of some sort.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    You ever notice you can tell a Teladi world by its tan colors? They must be a desert like race.. Always 'beige' colored, lol...

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Lastnight I was running Reunion and made a jump thru the North Gate. Happened to notice another ship with a red box around it. Come to find out it was a bad guy, so I went after it. After chasing it around for a bit, and being taunted by it's pilot, I shot it out the vacuum of space. :d
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Lastnight I was running Reunion and made a jump thru the North Gate. Happened to notice another ship with a red box around it. Come to find out it was a bad guy, so I went after it. After chasing it around for a bit, and being taunted by it's pilot, I shot it out the vacuum of space. :d
    Congrats Gary....!

Now dock at a free station and airdock it.. Then go paint a kill icon on the side. :d

Bill

Thanks Bill.

Yeah right... LOL That's more than I know how to do for right now.
    Gary -

Bill that was a very nice sceenshot, thanks

SOH-CM-2014
    Ive been doing some screenshots lately. The beauty of some of these area's is just getting to me. Have to photograph them and put them on the Desktop.

My webpages for these are here;

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/X3TC_Screenshots
    http://www.lionheartcreations.com/X3TC_Screenshots2
    http://www.lionheartcreations.com/X3TC_Screenshots3

Page 2 and 3 are new.

Its so cool to just park and watch the clouds moving over the planet and watch the planet rotating inside the weather systems..

I may have to go check out Saturn again, lol..

Bill

X3Reunion Xtended Mod shots - I finally got these converted so I could post, these are just a few from my first exploration of the Xtended Mod in X3R. The gates are very colourful as you can see and I love the terran trading station. Check out the exhsust trails on the Bearclaw in the last 1.

I hope to get back in the cockpit tomorrow and I will get some shots of combat and weapons fire, it is pretty awsome...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Mike for posting that.

Man... Well, I can see that when I have fully explored and used up X3TC, X3R will be next. Those jump gates look brilliant. So does that Terran station.

Bill

Will you guys please stop this! LOLOL!!!! I've tried every store in my area and most have never heard of this. The closest I've come is a kid saying they don't carry it "'cause it's old, dude."

For personal reasons, I no longer use credit cards, so online ordering is out. Any suggestions for a cold Canuck looking for something new?
    Matt

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Will you guys please stop this! LOLOL!!!! I've tried every store in my area and most have never heard of this. The closest I've come is a kid saying they don't carry it "'cause it's old, dude."

For personal reasons, I no longer use credit cards, so online ordering is out. Any suggestions for a cold Canuck looking for something new?
    Im sorry Matt.. Walmart is your best bet. You might try finding someone that could get it for you and send him the funds to get it. (I can, our Wallyworld has the gold pack for $29.00 now).

Bill

SOH-CM-2014

Manually docking at stations!!!

Have you guys tried manually docking yet?

Pretty radical. Easier then carrier landings, lolol..

A mix between slow taxiing a plane and docking an Apollo with its lunar lander. Just request permission to dock from the COMM for that station, look for the runway / taxi lights, and slowly (slowly) paruse the beams till you are at the rotating green target beacon.

Mine jumps straight to the docked view instead of allowing me to rotate under the magnetic dock arm to level attitude. But...! Im docking manually! lol.. It will get old in a day.. Auto Pilot is much faster and easier.

I noticed that now that I have my own Station HQ, that people are offering me ship Schematics (blueprints). I finally realised.. My fascility (station) can build its own ships!!! woo hoooo! If only I had Dolphin, Mercury, or Caiman Super Freighter schematics.. arrghh.. More freighters I tell you!!! More freighters!

Bill

SOH-CM-2014

Sector Tradind and Universe Trading...

I found something a bit interesting. Some ships can 'achieve' the option of 'Universe trader' much faster then usual, and some never do. I think I found out why. They need an area that has alot of trading going on, like Argon Prime, Ceo's Buckzoid, etc. I think that the smaller systems that have hardly any trading going on (sectors), will not allow the growth of the pilots abilities to accellerate as fast, and thus he remains only able to do Sector Trading..

Many of my freighers are doing Universe Trading now. Was difficult to get to that level. I am now rotating the 'sector trader' ships into the busy sectors to get them prepped for Universe trading as soon as slots open from departing/updated Universe traders..

Oh... On the battle front side. I have assigned some ships to patrol sectors now. I lost a Mako to a craft tonight at Ceo's Buckzoid. I get this announcement on my COMM that a ship is being attacked. I hyper Jumped to the location and laid in a pursuit. Come to find out, its that 'Dukes Dangerous Waste' ship that keeps drifting through sectors. The Ceo's Buckzoid forces dreadnaught finished it off as I came up to it.

Then... Later tonight, as I am exploring, I find another Dukes slime ship. I waisted that thing with my Nemesis. A volley of Beluga missles topped with tons of laser fire and it went to the dimension of dust and who who's...

:d

Fun..

Bill

Have you guys tried manually docking yet?

Pretty radical. Easier then carrier landings, lolol..

A mix between slow taxiing a plane and docking an Apollo with its lunar lander. Just request permission to dock from the COMM for that station, look for the runway / taxi lights, and slowly (slowly) paruse the beams till you are at the rotating green target beacon.

Mine jumps straight to the docked view instead of allowing me to rotate under the magnetic dock arm to level attitude. But...! Im docking manually! lol.. It will get old in a day.. Auto Pilot is much faster and easier.
    Bill I have always done some manual docking, just for some variety, it's kind of cool when you are perfectly lined up to go external and watch from left or right of center rear. It does get old quickly so I just do it once in awhile but it's fun. Now if you really want to speed things up install a docking computer extension, with that if you are with in 5 k of the station docking is instant, like beaming into the docking bay.
    I noticed that now that I have my own Station HQ, that people are offering me ship Schematics (blueprints). I finally realised.. My fascility (station) can build its own ships!!! woo hoooo! If only I had Dolphin, Mercury, or Caiman Super Freighter schematics.. arrghh.. More freighters I tell you!!! More freighters!
    You can make your own blueprints for any ship you have in your fleet, it does destroy that one ship but if you have the funds you can build as many as you want after you have the blueprints . Just dock the ship and locate the "Reverse Engineer Ship" command in the station menu, this will create a set of blueprints from the ship (turning it into space junk in the process) and after it finishes you can then build from the blueprint. This is a handy trick for those special ships, like the Bearclaw prototype, when I captured it I took it to HQ and made the prints right away, I have built 3 to make up for the one I sacrificed. Keep in mind both reengineering and building are not instant (like repairs at shipyards) and the amount of time depends on the ship and resources you have on hand, but it is a great way to get the ships you really need when you need them rather than having to search each time some drunken AI Pilot totals a nice super freighter.

Bill[/QUOTE]
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

I found something a bit interesting. Some ships can 'achieve' the option of 'Universe trader' much faster then usual, and some never do. I think I found out why. They need an area that has alot of trading going on, like Argon Prime, Ceo's Buckzoid, etc. I think that the smaller systems that have hardly any trading going on (sectors), will not allow the growth of the pilots abilities to accellerate as fast, and thus he remains only able to do Sector Trading..

Many of my freighers are doing Universe Trading now. Was difficult to get to that level. I am now rotating the 'sector trader' ships into the busy sectors to get them prepped for Universe trading as soon as slots open from departing/updated Universe traders..

Oh... On the battle front side. I have assigned some ships to patrol sectors now. I lost a Mako to a craft tonight at Ceo's Buckzoid. I get this announcement on my COMM that a ship is being attacked. I hyper Jumped to the location and laid in a pursuit. Come to find out, its that 'Dukes Dangerous Waste' ship that keeps drifting through sectors. The Ceo's Buckzoid forces dreadnaught finished it off as I came up to it.

Then... Later tonight, as I am exploring, I find another Dukes slime ship. I waisted that thing with my Nemesis. A volley of Beluga missles topped with tons of laser fire and it went to the dimension of dust and who who's...

:d
    Fun..

Bill
    I was reading a post the other night about "Training ships to become Universe traiders", and it was basically what you describe, set the ship in a busy sector and let them build the experience quickly then rotate them out. I must try some of that myself, I currently have 2 universe traders - they were part of the custom startup in the Apricot Mapping service Mod so I have not trained any myself "yet" gonna give that a shot.

Those Duke Boys can be a real PITA, I have taken on a couple, I would love to Cap one, but so far they have all fought hard and the battles have ended badly - for them, my Gunship is not really very good at subtle, it's more like I power all weapons, launch a few missles, then blast away with the assorted lasers, I can always get the shields down, but for some reason I can't get the right guns to chip away at the hull, I am just over gunned and the hull will colapse before I can get the slim bag to bail out - SPACE DUST...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    I was reading a post the other night about "Training ships to become Universe traiders", and it was basically what you describe, set the ship in a busy sector and let them build the experience quickly then rotate them out. I must try some of that myself, I currently have 2 universe traders - they were part of the custom startup in the Apricot Mapping service Mod so I have not trained any myself "yet" gonna give that a shot.

Those Duke Boys can be a real PITA, I have taken on a couple, I would love to Cap one, but so far they have all fought hard and the battles have ended badly - for them, my Gunship is not really very good at subtle, it's more like I power all weapons, launch a few missles, then blast away with the assorted lasers, I can always get the shields down, but for some reason I can't get the right guns to chip away at the hull, I am just over gunned and the hull will colapse before I can get the slim bag to bail out - SPACE DUST...
    I love those freighters, 90% of the time I can get them to bail. Easy money for me.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post

Matt, try WalMart. If they don't have it ask them to get it for you. That's the only place I've seen it and where I bought mine. GameStop doesn't even have it here. But then again they don't really care about PC games and sims.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    You can make your own blueprints for any ship you have in your fleet, it does destroy that one ship but if you have the funds you can build as many as you want after you have the blueprints . Just dock the ship and locate the "Reverse Engineer Ship" command in the station menu, this will create a set of blueprints from the ship (turning it into space junk in the process) and after it finishes you can then build from the blueprint. This is a handy trick for those special ships, like the Bearclaw prototype, when I captured it I took it to HQ and made the prints right away, I have built 3 to make up for the one I sacrificed. Keep in mind both reengineering and building are not instant (like repairs at shipyards) and the amount of time depends on the ship and resources you have on hand, but it is a great way to get the ships you really need when you need them rather than having to search each time some drunken AI Pilot totals a nice super freighter.

Awesome awesome!!

Thanks Mike! This will be great.

For some reason, the Split ships go fastest with Super Tune, except for the Baldric. The Caimans, being fast, for some reason, have issues at ports. Maybe the Baldric is the way to go. Or maybe both! lol.. OH man.. I get to manufacture my own ships.. Beauty!

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Matt,

You can order things in Walmart from Walmart.com and get them delivered there to the store. Thus you can pay for it there.

Bill

Retired SOH Administrator
    Matt,

You can order things in Walmart from Walmart.com and get them delivered there to the store. Thus you can pay for it there.

Bill
    Is there a Walmart in Canada?

Or we can purchase it for you,.... how about that?

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...but for some reason I can't get the right guns to chip away at the hull, I am just over gunned and the hull will colapse before I can get the slim bag to bail out - SPACE DUST...
    I have my guns grouped, so I can choose to blast with everthing, or just with a few "hull scrapers" (I keep some low-powered IREs on my Nova Raider for minimal damage bursts). My problem is getting someone to bail. Dang pirates seem to be too fanatical to want to surrender. Then there's those times when I start shooting someone up and everyone else wants to join in. Next thing I know the baddie explodes in a hail of crossfire. There's been more than once when I was on a "job" and someone else got my "kill." Very frustrating.

In the meantime, I've been promoted to Argon "Guardian of the Federation" and have one of those law enforcement permits. Am currently in Boron space working my way up through their ranks. I'm trying to find a way from here to Omicron Lyrae but keep running into dead ends. I may have to fight my way through the pirates. That should be fun.

On a "fleet" note, I managed to add a couple of used Mercury Super Haulers to my fleet for very reasonable prices. Sold one and kept the other, and have added the trading software upgrades and put 'em to work. Still haven't figured out how to enable automated trading, though. Do you need the Mk3 trading software for that? At $500K it's still a little too pricey for me.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    On a "fleet" note, I managed to add a couple of used Mercury Super Haulers to my fleet for very reasonable prices. Sold one and kept the other, and have added the trading software upgrades and put 'em to work. Still haven't figured out how to enable automated trading, though. Do you need the Mk3 trading software for that? At $500K it's still a little too pricey for me.

Hey Craig,

Sounds like you are doing pretty darn good.

Note; On Omicron Lyrae, if you have been there already, you can simply hyper jump there. You can refuel on Energy Cells 2 clicks West of OL after you get there. (Some Solar Stations on that sector).

I have all of the trading software (including that one) on my freighters, and also the Navigational software package. Also, you need Best Buy and Best Sell software installed. Then, when you click on the controls for AI / AP on that ship, you have the option(s) in Trade to do Sector Trading and Universe Trading. Univ Trading will require background buildup first in auto-trading. (You actually have a new captain employee assigned to your ship and he has to learn the ropes of trading). The more money and stops he makes, the quicker he gains Universe Trading level.

Bill

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    I have my guns grouped, so I can choose to blast with everthing, or just with a few "hull scrapers" (I keep some low-powered IREs on my Nova Raider for minimal damage bursts). My problem is getting someone to bail. Dang pirates seem to be too fanatical to want to surrender. Then there's those times when I start shooting someone up and everyone else wants to join in. Next thing I know the baddie explodes in a hail of crossfire. There's been more than once when I was on a "job" and someone else got my "kill." Very frustrating.

In the meantime, I've been promoted to Argon "Guardian of the Federation" and have one of those law enforcement permits. Am currently in Boron space working my way up through their ranks. I'm trying to find a way from here to Omicron Lyrae but keep running into dead ends. I may have to fight my way through the pirates. That should be fun.

Hey Craig....

Just found out this map... very useful....

http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/

I am at Akeela's Beacon... became a Mogul trader... I dump all my ship at Argon Prime and figuring out what I want to do next.... :isadizzy:

Very very huge, complex game... I am loving it... I am hooked..... and dang, working my way out.... too much to learn and accomplish....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey all,

I've got the trading extension, Mk1 and Mk2 trading software upgrades, and best buy/sell installed on both freighters. I may be missing the nav software, but I have a feeling that what's holding me back is the Mk3 trading upgrade. In the meantime I'm manually controlling the trading, and the best buy/sell stuff is really helpful. It would be nice to set and forget, but I'll make do until I can score some more credits.

@ Chacha, thanks for the map link. I have the X3 Guide by ApricotSlice, which has a map as well, but I was trying to do things the hard way. I've looked it over and must have missed a gate somewhere. Guess I'll keep looking. I've got a jumpdrive installed, so I can always take a short cut.

Can you jump two ships together if one isn't equipped with its own jumpdrive?
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR