Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 17
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Bill, to purchase a Player HQ, you need to complete the BelGi missions then it is added to some of the shipyards and you can purchase it. Or of course you can use a cheat script to add it to the bases, there is on listed in the mods & scripts form on Xuniverse, I have not tried too many scripts but it looks easy enough to do.

As far as storing surplus wares, your best bet would be to build a trading station, and adjust the parameters, you can blacklist specific races from trading so just ban everyone but your own race and you should have the whole thing to your self, then just make sure you set your prices well abouve market so no one from your race will buy your stockpile. You should be able to lower your price back down for trading any time you wish. I have not tried it yet in Terran Conflict, but if I recall correctly I used to do a Freight Exchange with my station to get my wares on and off my ships, rather than selling the goods to my self, give that a try.

Thanks Mike.

Good to know. So one does exist. :d

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Has anyone heard of 'Travel Drive'?

Is this new?

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    What a busy night, lol.. Working at adding 3 super freighter Mercury's to the fleet. You can only get them at Omacron Lyrae at the Argon Shipyard, so off I went to the other side of the Galaxy.

Getting them home would have taken an hour or so without jump drive. So sitting there at the shipyard, I realised, I could bring over the Tokyo via hyper jump, and deploy several small ships from her hanger and dock at the ship yard, freight exchange the Jump Drives to the new super freighters, then return the small ships to the Tokyo, send the Tokyo back to Argon Prime, and send the ships back to Home of Light for new Jump Drive replacements, and then with the new 3 ship fleet of Mercury's, send them to the next sector over, pick up Energy Cells, and have them jump back as a pack fleet, and reandevous at Argon Primes equipment yard.

I used the Nemesis as the primary HQ flag ship and managed the missions and flight deployments, freight transfers, etc.

and.............. For a moment, when the Tokyo came back to Argon sector, following just behind me, I had a photo moment and had to take some screenshots..

The Nemesis high over the huge Tokyo, her small fleet out getting refitted as she sits in park orbit high over Argon Prime.

..........then.. I set up 2 of the new Freighters for Sector Trading, and then started up Commodity Logistics with number 3 Freighter. That took a while. Slow learning on that thing. What a bit of sophistication. I read through the instructions on this new trade software, but I may have missed some things, or the newest version is different from the early tutorial.

But the ship is running and hauling ore. Should be interesting. Spent a fortune on everything, outfitting the freighters, buying them, etc. About 8 Million.. Now to recoup the investments and begin getting into the green.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Mike,

I cannot find the HQ station. I am thinking its only available at certain yards or a certain location. But its not available in the Cheats. (Perhaps its a diff script? or they only allow it with completion of that mission you talked about.. ).

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Mike,

I cannot find the HQ station. I am thinking its only available at certain yards or a certain location. But its not available in the Cheats. (Perhaps its a diff script? or they only allow it with completion of that mission you talked about.. ).

Bill
    From what I was reading it should be avaliable at "some" stations after the BalaGi missions, I am running the Apricot Mapping Service Mod right now and the Player HQ is part of the mod. There are a couple of Mod Scripts that look like they should work to add the PHQ, take a look at this FTP site : http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/

From what I can see you need these 2 files :

X3TC-Apricot-PHQ-Fix.zip
    X3TC-Apricot-PHQ-MO-in Boron-Shipyards.spk
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    From what I was reading it should be avaliable at "some" stations after the BalaGi missions, I am running the Apricot Mapping Service Mod right now and the Player HQ is part of the mod. There are a couple of Mod Scripts that look like they should work to add the PHQ, take a look at this FTP site : http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/

From what I can see you need these 2 files :

X3TC-Apricot-PHQ-Fix.zip
    X3TC-Apricot-PHQ-MO-in Boron-Shipyards.spk

Thanks Mike. I'll give that a look.

Man, I found many new sectors last night.. (many....!!!). I couldnt believe it. I found my first Boron shipyard. What a huge 'thing' that is. Looks like the Boron ships are definately organic or living. Looks like their ships are 'grown' in that thing. Pretty wild.

I took a ton of pics of it. My huge Nemesis corvette is a dot compared to it. You can barely see it. (Posting for those that havent seen one).

In the second two photos, you can barely make out the Nemesis parked next to the tower structure. Small tuning-fork looking thing. :d

Bill

I have not made it to a Boron sector yet in TC, I did cover them all in Reunion and I don't recall any ships like in your pics, I am on the hunt now.

I did find a couple of total mods for Reunion and I was up at 4:15 AM getting them set up, I will try to post some shots later. In the mean time you have to see this, I grabbed some shots from the WIP BSG Mods, now this is going to be VERY COOL, I also downloaded some add on ships, and if they are the BSG models I will post some from my own games as soon as I can figure out how they are activated.

I am working on some of the scripts now, I want to try the super tuning on my transport, "I feel the NEED for SPEED".

OK Quiz time, can anyone identify the ships in the clips and where they came from, 1, 3, & 7 are not BSG craft...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    1. I dont know
    2. 1st series Base Star (Cylon)
    3. ST Federation Ship that protects that station near Bai Jour
    4. 1st series Cylon Raider
    5. 1st series Cylon Raider
    6. 2nd series Cylon Raider
    7. I dont know

I wonder if ships 1 and 7 are sketch designs for a SW film?

I've got a long way to go to catch up to Mike and Bill. Here's what I've been up to so far...

I've made it to most of the sectors surrounding Herron's Nebula and Argon Prime. President's End is depressing, and The Hole is just creepy. I've managed to make enough money hauling energy cells, ore, and space fuel to make nearly CR300K. I've applied most of the available upgrades to my trusty little M5Discoverer only to abandon it in favor of a used M3 Nova Raider some guy was selling. The M5 was fast, but it could only go so far with weaponry, and had absolutely NO staying power in a fight. I discovered the hard way that one salvo from the pirates was all it took...

Speaking of pirates, I've taken some "protection" jobs and have managed to bag 4 of the pesky little things, capping one. The fanatical little b____rds simply won't give up. No biggee, though, I didn't make that much money off the one, and I can use the free missiles they drop.

I've been promoted several times to "Entrepeneur" as a trader, and "Novice" as a fighter. Things are lookin' up!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

1. I dont know
    2. 1st series Base Star (Cylon)
    3. ST Federation Ship that protects that station near Bai Jour
    4. 1st series Cylon Raider
    5. 1st series Cylon Raider
    6. 2nd series Cylon Raider
    7. I dont know

I wonder if ships 1 and 7 are sketch designs for a SW film?
    I figured 1 & 7 would not be easy, you are of course right on the others, #3 is based on the Defiant, which was in ST and Bablon 5.

Any other ideas on 1 & 7, they are tough!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Sounds good Craig!

Making money at first can be difficult. I did well at Ore. I could do some runs and in 2 days have a million credits saved up.

Now that I have my conglomeration fleet of everything I could find a several cheats, I have them working as sector and universe traders and I literally make a million during one quick game play. They work pretty hard and efficient. Some of the Freighters I found way over on the far side of the Galaxy trading.. .lolololol.. Its like, DANG!!!! They are worse then women in finding the best deals and sales, lolololol...

Bill

Its like, DANG!!!! They are worse then women in finding the best deals and sales, lolololol...

Bill
    That's what I haven't figured out how to do yet - automated trading with the best buy/sell software. I figure I'll put in a couple more manual ore runs to build up cash again and then splurge for the software upgrades. I still haven't purchased the jump drives yet, either, and I know that will come in handy!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    That's what I haven't figured out how to do yet - automated trading with the best buy/sell software. I figure I'll put in a couple more manual ore runs to build up cash again and then splurge for the software upgrades. I still haven't purchased the jump drives yet, either, and I know that will come in handy!

Once you go Jump Drive, you never go back. You jump everywhere.. Time is of the essence. All of my fleet each have a JD engine. Everytime I find one or buy one, I install them first thing with SETA drive.

For auto trading, you just purchase the bestbuy and bestsell installments for each ship and off they go, getting the best deals. Totally automated. Expensive, but very nice. Does your moneymaking for you and pays for itself in quick time..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    We havent heard from ChaCha.....

hmmmmmmm.......

I vondehr vehr zie ist atk?

Bill

Madman
    I figured 1 & 7 would not be easy, you are of course right on the others, #3 is based on the Defiant, which was in ST and Bablon 5.

Any other ideas on 1 & 7, they are tough!
    #7 looks like a Heretic from Privateer 2.

SOH-CM-2014
    Mike! I got it!

HQ... LH_HQ!

wooo hooooooo!!!

Some screenshots..

I didnt think it was that huge.. All I wanted was a station that acted as a wharehouse..

Here is a diagram of the scale of these things..

All screenshots are here;
    http://www.lionheartcreations.com/X3TC_Screenshots

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Madman View Post
    #7 looks like a Heretic from Privateer 2.
    Right on Madman, from Privateer II the Darkening, I loved that game and X3 is just much bigger and far more advanced but the concept is just the same.

Any idea's on #1:isadizzy:

Bill congrats on the HQ, they are pretty awsome!

I will have to take my fleet home for a group shot soon, 82 strong now.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014

I will have to take my fleet home for a group shot soon, 82 strong now.

My goodness man.. How do you keep track of them all????

Bill

Lionus
    I think that the last spacecraft could be based on Jedi Starfighter from The Revenge Of the Sith..

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    I'm on a mission where I have to follow a Pirate ship to its base and then scan the base. I have every scanner available and no matter how close to the base I get......when I click on the base the scan option is not there !?!
    Any suggestions ??

Thanks,

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    I'm on a mission where I have to follow a Pirate ship to its base and then scan the base. I have every scanner available and no matter how close to the base I get......when I click on the base the scan option is not there !?!
    Any suggestions ??

Thanks,

LD
    If I recall that one correctly you have to get within 500 meters of the base and stop (I think I was on one side right near the middle) and watch for the scanner to start. Scanning is automatic it will display on the lower section of your screen just like the jump drive when it charges, - Scanning 10% -20% - 30%... Scanning Complete, then you will have to get your A$$ out of there cuz the buggers are real quick to pounce.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Bill, this might interest you, I found a script for a Taxi Drivers Guild, - it is for Reunion, but there may be an updated version for TC I am going to check later. I just installed it on my Xtended Mod game and I am going to give it a try, I'll let you know how it goes.

Here is the description from the script, looks interesting;
    ===========================================
    Name: X3 Taxi Drivers Guild
    Version: V1.10
    Author: Cycrow
    Updated: 10/03/2007
    V1.10
    * Fixed removal of cabin space for Joyride Mission
    * Fixed ship classing for Joyride Mission
    V1.02
    * Fixed readtext error for joyride mission
    V1.01
    * Adjusted expire time of missions
    * Fixed joy riding mission.
    This script allows you to join the Taxi Drivers guild, so you can turn your ship into a taxi service, transporting passengers around the universe.
    There will be 2 upgrades added for your ships, Basic and Luxury Cabin Space.
    The Cabin space is used to transport passengers, each passenger will require a certain amount of cabin space to be transported.
    Luxury cabin space is more expensive but you will be paid more for transporting passengers that require luxury.
    Luxury cabin space can also be used as basic cabin space, so if a mission requires more basic cabin space than you have, they can take up some of the luxury
    space as well.
    1. The Taxi Drivers Guild
    To join the Taxi Drivers guild, you will need to apply for the membership from the BBS in the Taxi Drivers Guild Stations
    There is a one time fee to join the guild.
    Once joined, you will get access to cabin space upgrades avaialble from the Guild Stations as well as missions to transport passengers.
    Within the guild you will have a rank, you can view this rank buy going to the View Guild Status option in your ships additional command slots.
    2. Taxi Drivers Guild Stations.
    A few stations will be built by the taxi drivers guild around the universe where you can buy the cabin space upgrades, these are only available to those who
    have joined the guild.
    The station will have higher priority for taxi missions on the BBS, and is the only place you can join the guild.
    When a new shipyard is built, there will be a BBS news article broadcast where the new station is built, so check the BBS for these
    3. Missions.
    Basic Transport Mission:
    Transport passengers from one station to another within a set time, some missions will require a certain ship class, the main one being TP class ships.
    others will accept any ship. There must be enough cabin space in your ship to take on the mission, Luxury passengers will pay more but require the more
    expensive luxury cabin space.
    Passengers like to see the universe around so using the jumpdrive is not allowed, it will be removed from your ship for the duration of the mission, you
    can also not change ships.
    Pick up and Transport Mission:
    Simlar to the basic transport mission, but you must first pickup the passengers from another station and transport them to thier destination.
    Jumpdrives will be removed once you pickup the passengers, so you can jump to the pick up station but not use it for the rest of the mission.
    Station Transport Tour:
    Transport passengers between a few stations, when docking at the next station, you will be told which station to goto next and how long you have to get
    there. Like the other missions, you will require enough cabin space to hold the passengers.
    Jumpdrives are also not allowed on this mission.
    Joy Riding:
    Some passengers just like to ride aboard starships and will pay for a joyride, for this mission, you can just go about your normal routine with the passengers
    on board. Eventually they will decide they have had enough and the mission will end, you will get paid based on how much the passengers enjoyed the trip.
    This is not likt the tour of life missions as theres no set time limit and the price is based on more than just the number of sectors. The price is a
    balance between number of sectors, time spent in each sector, number of stations visited etc. Jumpdrive is allowed to be used on this mission.
    you can have more than one passenger on board at anyone time, so you can fill your cabins to maximise your profits.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Mike,

That sounds very interesting. I see it as a "should have been" in the main package. Kind of adds a whole new area that is like in reality. There are so many AI taxi's flying about in each sector but was no way for us to do that also.

Thanks again. Looking forward to checking it out.

The Commodities Logistics auto-trading or smart trading seems to be doing good. I think Universal Trading is more simple and runs easier. So many directions and routes, lolol..

Bill

Madman
    Right on Madman, from Privateer II the Darkening, I loved that game and X3 is just much bigger and far more advanced but the concept is just the same.

Any idea's on #1:isadizzy:
    Yup, many hours were spent flying a Faldari MK II in The Darkening.

OK, I think I may have damaged a few brain cells in the process but I finally remembered where I had seen #1 before; a year or 2 back I found a Wing Commander mod for Freelancer and that ship was in the mod.......it's a Banshee from Wing Commander IV.

Mike, have you seen a Firefly from the Serenity tv series anywhere as a mod for X3? That's one I'd love to have to add into Terran Conflict. I've looked arround a bit but I don't know where I'd find it if there is one.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.