Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 16
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Babylon 5 looks good too, but I think it is a long way from completion, if ever. Prolly more BSG fans these days.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    There you go folks, I hope they are useful, keep in mind I did not have time to test each step click for click, this is all from memory but I reviewed the steps and I am fairly confident I didn't miss anything significant. I tried to keep it simple with out using much geek speak so hopefully most can follow these steps.

Sorry the posts are so long, but as I said I did not want to miss anything so I got a little wordy...lol
    Worked for me Gig !!! Thanks bunches ! Pretty cool pits !
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

That cockpit looks really good but I have one question first.

This question has to do with the looking around the inside. I have to use the mouse and keyboard because I haven't solved my USB ports not working. (my X-52 is a paper weight now) Can you see all available information without having to look around inside?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post

This question has to do with the looking around the inside. I have to use the mouse and keyboard because I haven't solved my USB ports not working. (my X-52 is a paper weight now) Can you see all available information without having to look around inside?

Hey Marlin,

I have the regular X-52 and my top left rotary switch on the RH joystick works my VC just like in FS.

Alot of the info isnt on the sides, mainly on the front area's. At least on the ones I quickly checked through.

Really makes the Tokyo a totally different ship when flying it, lol.. An entire command deck.

Thanks Mike!!!

I couldnt get mine to show up till I finally remembered to 'check' on the "load mod" in the startup panel. arrgh..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Thanks Mike for that briliant set of tutorials.

I am going to load these up tonight and check them out. They look fantastic.

Having not seen them yet, may I ask, is it possible to transfer VC's from one ship to another as like you can with FSX? In FSX, you can simply drop the 'interior model' into another Model folder, align/fix the model config file, and you have a diff interior.

Thanks again and happy hunting..

Bill
    LHC
    Bill as far as I can tell it is not possible to swap pits to different ships, not is any easy way like FS9/X, I think it can be done but requires you to decomplie the ships make the changes and recomplie, like I said not easy...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Bill as far as I can tell it is not possible to swap pits to different ships, not is any easy way like FS9/X, I think it can be done but requires you to decomplie the ships make the changes and recomplie, like I said not easy...

Roger that Mike. Alot went into that.

I think some of these guys use Gmax. Do you think that the models are available to be worked on? It would be cool to have a couple of these in Flight Simulator for some 'atmospheric' flying. :d

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Roger that Mike. Alot went into that.

I think some of these guys use Gmax. Do you think that the models are available to be worked on? It would be cool to have a couple of these in Flight Simulator for some 'atmospheric' flying. :d

Bill
    Put me down for a Terran fighter, like the Scimitar, if it can be done.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

SOH-CM-2014
    If Egosoft have stock Gmax models we can use to make other ships with, then it should be easy enough to convert to FS. Might be good for their advertising.

Bill

I am sure the modles can be extracted from the game files, as a matter of fact there are repaints of some of the stock ships in the mods. I did see a thread on one of the Xuniverse forms about modeling, and it mentioned Gmax I believe. I will look for the post and send a link.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post

Marlin, What's up with your USB ports? Let me kmow what is going on I might know how to fix it?
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Bill, I found the thread I was thinking about regarding making and modding ships, check this out - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=142136

This one is overmy head but I am sure you will know what he is talking about.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Bill, I found the thread I was thinking about regarding making and modding ships, check this out - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=142136

This one is overmy head but I am sure you will know what he is talking about.

Awesome! Thanks Mike.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    My latest escapades in the X-universe....

I am still learning much about this sim or game. Much to do.

CREATING A FLEET

First, I have been finding all the ownerless ships. I found that instead of spending an entire night, moving it to 'Kingdom of Light' to get it installed with Jump Drive, and installing all the updates and upgrades, that I could have my giant Split Elephant reandevous with me and pick us up, hyper jump to Argon Prime, and gate through to KOL and pick up Jump Drives. (I dont like taking the Elephant into a rocky asteroid territory, and KOL is just that... ).

AN ARMY OF TRADE SHIPS

I have now begun focussing on the existing fleet as a shipping army. I have placed most of my best freighters into either Sector Trading or Universe Trading. The ones that do not have Universe Trading available, go to Sector Trading. Some of my smaller Freighters are Sector runners. So they are now automated and running around trading. Its pretty cool. My cashflow coming in is now positive and running smoothly. I made several million during the night as I played last night. I was pretty happy. I have about 6 ships running.

Near the end of the night, I broke down and got a huge Caiman Freighter and outfitted it and now have it running with the fleet as well, Universe Trader.

My personal launch is now the Nemesis. Its lite yet big, super wild looking, looks like its a Scarab shaped 'thing' from Stargate. Meets my needs. It cannot handle freight, so thats the way it stays. I have it loaded to the hilt with armament though, so I can take it hunting when I go to look for Xenon or pirates.

I was really board with my Tiger super dreadnaught. Its outrageously huge, slow, and meant only for war. I decided to sell it. I found out how to sell ships and took it to Argon Prime, put a For Sale sign in the back window, and off it went. Got 40 Mil for it. I guess I broke even. arrghh.. What curiosity will do to us...

WHAT TO DO WITH OVERSTOCK

I found that my Elephant still has a huge Station Hub kit onboard. (I burned out on Stations and quit running mine). So now I cant figure out how to get rid of the thing. I tried ejecting it and the option is to Build.. So I have to figure out what to do with the situation.

Another ship I have is filled with fighter drones. What in the world... I need to sort that out as well. I would prefer it running people and freight instead of stuck at a dock waiting for a war.

AN AIRLINES?

It would be cool if we could have 'people hauling' services. I guess you have to find those individually, not through AI. So I guess a 'spacelines' (like tube liners) is out of the question in the 'automated' department...

COMMODITY LOGISTICS.. EXTREME TRADING

I may try to get into Commodities Logistics tonight. I never did get that running right. I guess it has a limit of 4 drops or waypoints, and I was going for MANY, lol... So much for that. I used to play a game called Patrician where I had made a fleet and had elaborate trade routes all programmed for my shipping lines where they picked up such and such commodities at a set rate or less, then sold them here and there, then started the loop again. I could even use wharehouses on seaports to store things and build up stock and sell inland as well. Great game for teaching you about sales and import/export.. I was hoping X3 did this also, but not as deeply as Patrician did. Amazingly, it wasnt that difficult to setup in Patrician. Perhaps it will be like that someday in the new version of X3 on the future horizon...

THE FUTURE OF X3

On that note.. The future of X3. With this army of amazing game designers.. I wonder if in the future, they will have additions to the package where you could do atmospheric flight? Have a number of planets that have atmo capable entry and have a select number of ships that could fly certain ways into the planet. You could have just certain area's (like sectors) available, like a coastline, a desert, a forest, a jungle..

Would be pretty cool..

You could have the heavies that 'could' enter atmo, only land vertically and have limited flight. The fighters could fly (most of them) like jets of course. Some of the dynamically shaped craft like large jets or planes.. etc..

Just dreaming...

Anyways.. Good hunting and be prosperous.. :d

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Just installing the Gold pack. Terran Conflict 2.5 is installed and doing X3 Reunion now. I didn't realise there are 2 separate sims in this package.
    GT182, you lucked out, the Gold Pac is actually 2+ games X2 the Threat was the second in the series and as far as I can see the one that started to embrace modding, there are numerous mods out there for it still (kind of like CFS2). The X3 Reunion was next and the modders have been going nuts, I just downloaded my 3rd total remake, so far I have seen Xtended Mod, (I am playing it now) New Horizens (installing that next) and DDRS (this one looks really cool 54 new ships, and some new stations - it will be awhile before I get to this one). Then came X3 Terran Conflict, which as far as I can see is a redo of the interface and the addition of the Xtended mod from Reunion. I guess what it boils down to is you have a massive amout of simming to do, with the included mods you could be years before you get to Terran Conflict.

I have to say I have been reading a lot of the Ergosoft form and the fan forms, and these guys have done an excellent job of embracing the modding community, they actually accept mods and scripts from fans and will "sign" them - read ENDORSEMENT of games contributions! Can you imagine what could have been if M$ had been that forward thinking!!!

I am so glad Bill started this topic and got me to revisit X3, I had dropped it over a year ago and had almost totally forgotten how much fun it was, the only thing I really didn't like was the lack of cockpits, and it just took a little looking to fix that for me.

I finally have my controllers reprogramed back to the way I like them so I am off to blast some Xeon, - sometimes I just feel like blowing things up

BTW, they are talking on the Egosoft form about a "Superbox" which will include all the games and patches in one box, they are calling for Fan Made scripts, ships, and mods now, so I think there is lots of life left in this one, there is for me anyway.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My latest escapades in the X-universe....

I am still learning much about this sim or game. Much to do.
    It is so openended you will be learning for a longggg time...

CREATING A FLEET
    First, I have been finding all the ownerless ships. I found that instead of spending an entire night, moving it to 'Kingdom of Light' to get it installed with Jump Drive, and installing all the updates and upgrades, that I could have my giant Split Elephant reandevous with me and pick us up, hyper jump to Argon Prime, and gate through to KOL and pick up Jump Drives. (I dont like taking the Elephant into a rocky asteroid territory, and KOL is just that... ).
    I have been doing something like the same, I have a Minicar (light carrier) that I keep at my HQ, I set that as the home base for the Minicar and just call it to where ever I am at the time then dock what ever I have collected to the Minicar and tell it to Jump home. With the Trading Extensions I can just tell the ships to offload and go the the nearby shipyard and they stay docked there until I get back and decide to repair or sell them, works like a charm - and is real profitable!
    AN ARMY OF TRADE SHIPS

I have now begun focussing on the existing fleet as a shipping army. I have placed most of my best freighters into either Sector Trading or Universe Trading. The ones that do not have Universe Trading available, go to Sector Trading. Some of my smaller Freighters are Sector runners. So they are now automated and running around trading. Its pretty cool. My cashflow coming in is now positive and running smoothly. I made several million during the night as I played last night. I was pretty happy. I have about 6 ships running.
    I really wan to try more of this, I have several freighters and super freighters just sitting idle. I have to put some time into the ST/UT process and figure it out.
    My personal launch is now the Nemesis. Its lite yet big, super wild looking, looks like its a Scarab shaped 'thing' from Stargate. Meets my needs. It cannot handle freight, so thats the way it stays. I have it loaded to the hilt with armament though, so I can take it hunting when I go to look for Xenon or pirates.
    I am running a Terran Military Transport, it is loaded for Bear, and has a good size cargo hold, it is also reasonable fast (500km), and the thing is really cool looking (I will post a shot shortly)
    WHAT TO DO WITH OVERSTOCK

I found that my Elephant still has a huge Station Hub kit onboard. (I burned out on Stations and quit running mine). So now I cant figure out how to get rid of the thing. I tried ejecting it and the option is to Build.. So I have to figure out what to do with the situation.

Another ship I have is filled with fighter drones. What in the world... I need to sort that out as well. I would prefer it running people and freight instead of stuck at a dock waiting for a war.
    Bill have you tried docking the TL at at shipyard and selling the station? I am thinking it might work the same as selling surplus ships or cargo from your hold? You should be able to do the same with the fighter drones, either that or you might want to pull up a couple of you med fighters close to the freighter and use the Freight Exchange to equip some of your other ships with their own drones?

AN AIRLINES?

It would be cool if we could have 'people hauling' services. I guess you have to find those individually, not through AI. So I guess a 'spacelines' (like tube liners) is out of the question in the 'automated' department...
    Somebody thought of that, I seen a mod that included a "Cruise Line" and you could do something with that along the line of fleet passenger transport, I will have to look it up again, I thin kit was part of New Horizens, but I am not sure???

THE FUTURE OF X3

On that note.. The future of X3. With this army of amazing game designers.. I wonder if in the future, they will have additions to the package where you could do atmospheric flight? Have a number of planets that have atmo capable entry and have a select number of ships that could fly certain ways into the planet. You could have just certain area's (like sectors) available, like a coastline, a desert, a forest, a jungle..

Would be pretty cool..

You could have the heavies that 'could' enter atmo, only land vertically and have limited flight. The fighters could fly (most of them) like jets of course. Some of the dynamically shaped craft like large jets or planes.. etc..
    No telling where this thing could go, planetary flight and stations you could walk around in First Person would be just "Fookin Awsome" (as my Newfie friends would say, I think it could happen this game is a long way from finished IMHO.[/QUOTE]
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here are a couple shot of my latest patrol, the first is my current shiip a Terran Vidarsaurs M6, this thing looks deadly and with the weps and speed boost it is a great ship in a battle, there is a good size hold wicxh is handy when you clean up after a fight I have claimed almost 60 missles in the past 2 days along...lol

The second shot is the patrol in formation to make the jump, the front one is the Terran Corvette, then my Vidarsaurus, and bringing up the rear is my Gunbus, that thing is great to have along, it takes care of keeping your butt clear and does a fine job of exterminating nasties...lol

Next shot is the Vidarsaurus going through the worm hole after entering the jump gate, I love that effect, too bad you don't get one in the Terran jump gates.

And the final is the Vidarsaurus coming out of the jump gate, I just thought it was a cool image.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike, I got your tutorials saved and installed that cockpit mod as a "Fake Patch". I'll see if I got it in ok later tonight.

The big question is the controls. Is there a sheet that has the keyboard controls laid out? I've not seen anything anywhere in the sim on controls or how to change them to suit your needs. Same with using a joystick. I see that box show up when you open the sim before you play, but I haven't gotten my joystick out and hooked up... yet.

I've got X3 Reunion installed but haven't started anything with it. I'm thinking pirate for a start.... gotta shoot sumthin. But first I've got to find how you fire weapons. It all goes back to "controls". It's little things like that that are lacking, but overal this sim rocks big time.

One last thing for now. If you know any of the Ergosoft staff, drop a hint on the Tracker IR and see if they could get it to work ingame. Maybe by a patch or in anything new they put out. That would put it all over the top as far as game play goes.

And I still think this should be in a new forum here at SOH. Look at how many pages that are... it's getting big.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Mike, I got your tutorials saved and installed that cockpit mod as a "Fake Patch". I'll see if I got it in ok later tonight.

The big question is the controls. Is there a sheet that has the keyboard controls laid out? I've not seen anything anywhere in the sim on controls or how to change them to suit your needs. Same with using a joystick. I see that box show up when you open the sim before you play, but I haven't gotten my joystick out and hooked up... yet.

I've got X3 Reunion installed but haven't started anything with it. I'm thinking pirate for a start.... gotta shoot sumthin. But first I've got to find how you fire weapons. It all goes back to "controls". It's little things like that that are lacking, but overal this sim rocks big time.

One last thing for now. If you know any of the Ergosoft staff, drop a hint on the Tracker IR and see if they could get it to work ingame. Maybe by a patch or in anything new they put out. That would put it all over the top as far as game play goes.

And I still think this should be in a new forum here at SOH. Look at how many pages that are... it's getting big.
    Gary, there is a pdf on one of the fan sites that lists the controls, I will look for it, but as far as setting up your own key asignments, it is pretty easy, just get everything hooked up before you start the game, and select the controller in the Game launcher (under Input devices), then when you get the game started use your mouse to open the Controls section from the main menu. The process is pretty easy, find the functions in the list, open it and select Add Control, push Joy stick or keyboard button and select save. The biggest problem I had was knowing which controls I need to access often and quickly, that takes some play time to know what you like to have handy, but you can change on the fly so it is not bad.

On the track ir, I am not active on the X3 forums, but I scan them a lot, I will look and see if there is anything listed there and let you know.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Gary,

Shift-T activates Targeting
    M loads / unloads missle launcher
    L launches missles
    K should be laser targetting, 3 modes including off, and 'if' you have the fighting program upgrades (purchased at equipment docks).
    End button brings up nearest target
    Home button brings up last targets (reverse)

So, Shift-T to activate Targeting, then End button to locate nearest target, M to load a missle set (keep selecting to get through various missle types), then L to launch missle when its in range.

:d

SOH-CM-2014
    Track IR would be awesome. But only in VC mode. Freaks me out in spot plane view mode... lol.. I have put more cricks in my neck trying to look around in spot plane mode in FSX, and ITS BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrghh..

EDIT; sorry.. just my own humble 2 cents...

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Mike,

Say I want just my own station base. How??

All the stations have things that you can and cannot put on a station. So how can you store things on it? Like what if I want to use it as a wharehouse? How would you do something like that? Would it be a pirate base type of base?

Bill

Mike and Bill, thanks for that info... it sure helps a lot.

I'll be working on it shortly.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Bill, to purchase a Player HQ, you need to complete the BelGi missions then it is added to some of the shipyards and you can purchase it. Or of course you can use a cheat script to add it to the bases, there is on listed in the mods & scripts form on Xuniverse, I have not tried too many scripts but it looks easy enough to do.

As far as storing surplus wares, your best bet would be to build a trading station, and adjust the parameters, you can blacklist specific races from trading so just ban everyone but your own race and you should have the whole thing to your self, then just make sure you set your prices well abouve market so no one from your race will buy your stockpile. You should be able to lower your price back down for trading any time you wish. I have not tried it yet in Terran Conflict, but if I recall correctly I used to do a Freight Exchange with my station to get my wares on and off my ships, rather than selling the goods to my self, give that a try.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    HELP !!

Dadgum cat got onto my keyboard last night while I was in X3TC and now I have no sound........( all other programs are fine ). All other aspects of X3 are fine as well.
    Is there a "mute" key she might have stepped on ?? I poked around today & tonite but have yet to resolve the problem.
    Any advice woul be greatly appreciated !!

LD

PS.....game restarts / computer reboots don't work.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    HELP !!

Dadgum cat got onto my keyboard last night while I was in X3TC and now I have no sound........( all other programs are fine ). All other aspects of X3 are fine as well.
    Is there a "mute" key she might have stepped on ?? I poked around today & tonite but have yet to resolve the problem.
    Any advice woul be greatly appreciated !!

LD

PS.....game restarts / computer reboots don't work.

Sounds like me with the VC cockpits.. I had HUD turned off, which hides the VC's.. I was frazelled as to what it was. Found it by mistake.

I hope you find it LD.

Try looking through the PDF and the manual. Also, perhaps the Wikipedia for X3TC, mute search.

Bill