Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 14
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I...hate...Microsoft.

Last night I finally worked my way past umpteen Xenon to get to the abandoned Advanced Barracuda. Claimed it, hopped in, all set to dock...

And my computer shuts down...

MS had updates that required a restart. It had one of those timed pop ups I couldn't see in game.

Grrrrrr.

oh man.... !!!

That bites 'extreme'!

May I ask what lasers and missles you use against Xenon fighters?

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman View Post
    You need a TL class freighter. You probably don't own one, but you can hire one. IIRC, every system that has a shipyard will have a least one TL flying around. Approach and open comms and one of your options should be to hire for a job. Instruct them to dock at the shipyard. Once docked you can buy your station (provided that your race relations are high enough) and it will be loaded onto the TL. Now just tell the TL where to fly for delivery. Every time it passes through a gate into a new system you will be charged and the charge will vary depending on your relations with the TL's race.

Thanks MadMan.. I had been wondering that myself. I was lucky enough later to have purchased (cheat) the Elephant Split super freighter which could handle the 'kit' size.

For those that dont know, a TL class freighter has open sides. I guess its more like a 'container ship' that you just pile cargo onboard and bolt it all down.

I too was wondering where in the heck you hire a pilot/freighter, lolol.. They need to have all this stuff in the manual! arghh..

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I'm in need of a little advice.

What is up with that, those things aren't that expensive, but dang it :mixedsmi:

EDIT
    By the way, those are nice screenshots you posted. Good job. Is there any way to turn off all HU display so you don't have to edit them?
    Marlin, the best thing to do with sats is to place them above the center of the sector. I generally come through a gate and pull up 30 deg then go somewhere near the mid point of the saector, if you go up 15-20 KM the sat will be outside the traffic lane and not get as much notice. The nice thing about the sats is they have great range so if they are nid point you get everything, and if they are out of the way they survive longer, mind you in a zeon or pirate sector they become canon fodder sooner or later.

Regarding the HUD, the default keys are Shift +h and it will turn off all HUD info and give you a nice clean screen shot.

BTW folks I am back up and running, I have got Win7 finished and things are working great, I did loose the configuration for my stick and gamepad but I am putting them together on the fly and I am back in battle now...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Thanks for the advice everybody, very cool.

Dang some of those seek and destroy missions are incredibly hard, dang!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    oh man.... !!!

That bites 'extreme'!

May I ask what lasers and missles you use against Xenon fighters?

Bill
    Pretty much the High Energy Plasma Throwers, with an equal number Phased Repeater guns. 2.3k range for both. About as good as the Terran Electro-Magnetic Plasma guns.

I know I should put them into groups each, but usually a couple short bursts from those, and any fighter is gone. I'd love to have all High Energy Plasma Throwers, they drop shields fast, but they are so expensive. Phased Repeaters don't look that great stat wise for damage, until you realize they fire extremely fast, so you can triple the damage stats.

Missiles are whatever I salvage. I use them on heavier ships, I don't bother with using missiles on fighters, unless there is a lot of them close by.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Regarding the HUD, the default keys are Shift +h and it will turn off all HUD info and give you a nice clean screen shot.

BTW folks I am back up and running, I have got Win7 finished and things are working great, I did loose the configuration for my stick and gamepad but I am putting them together on the fly and I am back in battle now...

Good to hear Mike.

Welcome back to space!

Thanks also about the HUD info. I didnt know it would shut off, lol..

Last night, I was playing around with my fleet of 'previously owned' second-hand finds. I have them all up and running and outfitted well. I have been burning a hole in my wallet, so its time to make money.

But, I was playing around with two things last night. First was the Visibility Goggles (I think thats what you call them) which are brought up with Alt key. That is some powerful focus, lolol.. Goodness! I found if you blip it intermittently (press it quickly in batches of 3 to 4 seconds each) you keep it from going back to zero power. Great if you are watching your ship (or someone else) from another station away.

Second thing I was playing with was 'beaming over' to other ships. I found out how it actually works. First, pull up close to a ship of your own (that has a transporter) and come to a stop. Click on R and bring up your ship command console (auto pilot commands) page for the ship you are next to. Go to Advanced / Change Ship and click that, and you beam over through your Transporter to the other ship in about 1 second, lol.. Pretty cool. Then you can direct your other ship to do what it needs to do.

There are also alot of things you can preprogram for each ship to do automatically on the AutoPilot Command console if you scroll down. For instance, you can set it to always 'Auto Jump' if it has a Jump Drive in it. You can tell it to run so long and then pick up new Energy Cells to continue jumping on trading runs, etc. You also set it up to run types of formations and do auto trading.

I just sent to super freighters off to do 'Universe Trading'... eeks.. I have no idea what that is. I just hope they dont get into any trouble with roughians.. arge..

Bill

Bill, any screenshots of the interior of yours and a couple other ships? Just to peek our curiosity a bit.

Tomorrow I'm off to Wally Mart for the Gold Pack. Looks like a few sims will be uninstalled to make room for a new era. I've played them to death and the change will be good. :d
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Bill, any screenshots of the interior of yours and a couple other ships? Just to peek our curiosity a bit.

Tomorrow I'm off to Wally Mart for the Gold Pack. Looks like a few sims will be uninstalled to make room for a new era. I've played them to death and the change will be good. :d

Hey Gary,

Man, there isnt really a VC in these things. Its mostly just the HUD and looking out over the nose of these things.

I cheated and through the CHEAT program, got a cool Paranid ship called a Nemesis. It was too cool looking and I had to see what it looked like. I have fallen for this thing. Here are some screenshots of it. Its definately looking a bit 'Stargate' if you ask me. The skin plates are curved joints like in the first Stargate movie. The body looks like the Ibis beatle a bit. Its a wild looking thing..

With super tune, it goes up to 777 M/S and I installed Hyper Jump in it.

It was an experiment of curiosity. I am just loving all these ships and how we can fly them around. Its sort of like a FS2004 playground of planes and scenery... Overwhelming..

Photos below;

1 thru 5; Piranid Nemesis M4 attack ship.. (heavy cruiser?) in orbit over Taladi Prime near the Taladi Equipment Docks
    6; Split Iguanna Vanguard hauler. Its half airliner and half cargo ship. Wild design. I love this thing. Super tuned, its ultra fast, but doesnt carry much.
    7; Baldric off the bow of the Split Iguanna, about to beam over..
    8; Baldric, beamed over, sent the Iguanna back home, going to jump through a gate
    9; Another pic of the Iguanna in flight over that blue world, its moon in the background. The 'architecture' of the ship really gets me for some reason, lol.. like Frank Lloyd Wright.. Note the passenger area, the tanker section, and the cargo pods..

Bill

GT if you are like me you like some type of cockpit, that was what kept me from playing the X3 Reunion version when I first got it however, there is good news there are several cockpit mods that are very easy to install. I will post some screen shots of the various ones I use now and if you are interested I can find or write simple instructions to download and instll them. The whole process is less complicated than adding scenery in FS9 or FSX.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    GT if you are like me you like some type of cockpit, that was what kept me from playing the X3 Reunion version when I first got it however, there is good news there are several cockpit mods that are very easy to install. I will post some screen shots of the various ones I use now and if you are interested I can find or write simple instructions to download and instll them. The whole process is less complicated than adding scenery in FS9 or FSX.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Man what a frustrating night, I was very glad to get operational again, but once I started the mission I had been working on when the HDD crashed I found it a real tough one. I am flying spying missions for the Terrans right now and this one is a real bugger. I had to capture a freighter, then use it to plant a tracking device on a Split TL. It seemed easy, but no such luck, I blew away 5 transports before I found a gun that would not take them down in 2 shots. Then when I finally capped one I had to pilot it to the TL, lol what a mess, the shields were gone the hull was down to 0% (think a kid with a sling shot could take this thing out...), and I had messed the thing up so bad the top speed was 11 km, the astro suit goes 12... The TL was 45 km away - it took over an hour to reach it (of course there was no SETA on the thing), when I finally got there I planted the bug and 4 fighter drones pounced... Gig is space dust. I tried 4 times (there went half my salvage insurance...) and I still can't claim the ship, plant the bug and get away - I am going to try claiming the thing ordering my wingman to protect me and eject to use the Repair Laser to see if I can fix it up enough to survive the d@m drones...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Man what a frustrating night, I was very glad to get operational again, but once I started the mission I had been working on when the HDD crashed I found it a real tough one. I am flying spying missions for the Terrans right now and this one is a real bugger. I had to capture a freighter, then use it to plant a tracking device on a Split TL. It seemed easy, but no such luck, I blew away 5 transports before I found a gun that would not take them down in 2 shots. Then when I finally capped one I had to pilot it to the TL, lol what a mess, the shields were gone the hull was down to 0% (think a kid with a sling shot could take this thing out...), and I had messed the thing up so bad the top speed was 11 km, the astro suit goes 12... The TL was 45 km away - it took over an hour to reach it (of course there was no SETA on the thing), when I finally got there I planted the bug and 4 fighter drones pounced... Gig is space dust. I tried 4 times (there went half my salvage insurance...) and I still can't claim the ship, plant the bug and get away - I am going to try claiming the thing ordering my wingman to protect me and eject to use the Repair Laser to see if I can fix it up enough to survive the d@m drones...

Dang...! That would cause my eyebrows to instantaneously grow gray and fall out in two nicely stacked piles in front of my keyboard, probably on top of my hands, unless I had them on the throttle and joystick controls....

Stress Mike! stress.... Do some trading, lol...

Bill

Great news for me, I am now Master Chief

I keep learning all sorts of tips here like the Alt key, the Shft H, the super dupper freighter as a tow truck...

I do use one cheat though, that would be the unlimited salvage insurance (save anywhere anytime)
    Especially beings I do mostly combat and what little cargo my Skate will hold, like space weed

Can you get or hire pilots anywhere to fly crafts in a wing? I waisted a ton of money on ships only to see them crash into each other. I had three and the wing command (blue) was set to "protect me".

I'll have to get some screeen shots of my skate for ya all.

EDIT; If you haven't seen a Skate before, it looks like a green butterfly with eight guns.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Great news for me, I am now Master Chief

I keep learning all sorts of tips here like the Alt key, the Shft H, the super dupper freighter as a tow truck...

I do use one cheat though, that would be the unlimited salvage insurance (save anywhere anytime)
    Especially beings I do mostly combat and what little cargo my Skate will hold, like space weed

Can you get or hire pilots anywhere to fly crafts in a wing? I waisted a ton of money on ships only to see them crash into each other. I had three and the wing command (blue) was set to "protect me".

I'll have to get some screeen shots of my skate for ya all.

EDIT; If you haven't seen a Skate before, it looks like a green butterfly with eight guns.

Hey Marlin,

Good to hear.

I found some pics of a Skate. One is a prototype.

Wild looking bird!

Bill

Here are shots of a few of my fleet, the first one is a terran Military Transport the thing is nice and fast and can carry lots of fire power with a good size cargo hold, this has quickly become my fav ship. The second is a pirate ship I capped, the Blastclaw I need to arm it now, it is a tough looking thing.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This Iguana Vanguard seems like a pretty good ship. I picked it up last night after checking out sectors I haven't been too yet.

Only "cheat" I use is the Free Jump, which actually takes out the cost of the jump anyway. I think its a waste of time having to go hunt down energy cells for jumps.

SOH-CM-2014
    This Iguana Vanguard seems like a pretty good ship. I picked it up last night after checking out sectors I haven't been too yet.

Only "cheat" I use is the Free Jump, which actually takes out the cost of the jump anyway. I think its a waste of time having to go hunt down energy cells for jumps.

I totally agree Dain.

I did notice though that AI doing auto trade routes will require the Energy cells, and they do not use the free jump. arrgh..

Mike,

Cool screenshots.. What is that station???? That thing has giant docking piers on it for the big ships. Is that your own creation of some sort?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I totally agree Dain.

I did notice though that AI doing auto trade routes will require the Energy cells, and they do not use the free jump. arrgh..

Mike,

Cool screenshots.. What is that station???? That thing has giant docking piers on it for the big ships. Is that your own creation of some sort?

Bill
    You have to command them to use Free Jump, Bill. It's at the bottom of the AI Navigation page.

I just picked up the Gold pack this morning... 29.96.

Got to looking at the recommended requirements and it says Core Duo. Seeing I have a P4 3.2E cpu, I'm going to give it a try anyhow. If I can't run it, at least I'll have it for after building a new computer.

I've some some stuff to uninstal, and then load it up later on tonight. At least they could have put a manual in the box so you could read up on it before the install. But I guess that would have cost extra. LOL
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    I just picked up the Gold pack this morning... 29.96.

Got to looking at the recommended requirements and it says Core Duo. Seeing I have a P4 3.2E cpu, I'm going to give it a try anyhow. If I can't run it, at least I'll have it for after building a new computer.

I've some some stuff to uninstal, and then load it up later on tonight. At least they could have put a manual in the box so you could read up on it before the install. But I guess that would have cost extra. LOL

Hey Gary,

My X3TC had a manual. I guess Gold doesnt have that. I can tell you, its very difficult to read, at least for me. The letters are very small, the pages are black, the font is white. In the game opening mini panel, there is a manual selection where you can access the PDF manual. Much easier to read... (much....)

My iMac computer runs it fairly well, but now and then it will stutter on some sections. I can only think its the AI. Last night, it got bad around this one area where I keep all my ships. I have alot now though, so I figure thats what it is. Otherwise, it usually runs nicely.

Oh, when I come to a station and its in SETA drive (high speed), it will stutter as well. Some of the stations are pretty heavy on details, as well as perhaps 20 or 40 AI ships flying around in nearby traffic doing things, the planet slowly rotating, with counter rotating cloud systems, etc, lol.. (so much... ).

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    You have to command them to use Free Jump, Bill. It's at the bottom of the AI Navigation page.
    Thanks Dain,

I'll check that out.

Bill

Bill, did you load the DVD files that total 1.6Mb?

I'm starting the install with the Aldrin Missions. Then installing the Bala G1 Missions. I assume that's how it goes. Maybe I should takke a look at their website first.
    Gary -

Bill, did you load the DVD files that total 1.6Mb?

I'm starting the install with the Aldrin Missions. Then installing the Bala G1 Missions. I assume that's how it goes. Maybe I should takke a look at their website first.
    GT Take a look at this thread on the Ergosoft forum, it is an excellent starting guide.
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=119964

If you want a better guide check this pdf guide it is top notch.
    http://apricotmappingservice.com/x3handbook.html

One other thing if you find X3 Terran Conflict is too slow, I believe the Gold edition includes X3Reunion, that is the previous version, I found it was faster and needed less headroom on my system, the game play is exactally the same with only a few changes in menus. The big addition in TC are the new ships, sectors and missions, but Reunion is a great game to start with.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Mike. I'm off to check em out, and download the pdf.
    Gary -

Wow Mike, after just glancing through that PDF, all I have to say is WOW:isadizzy: VERY cool, thanks a million.

"Designed for 6 months of play", hehehehehe