Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 13
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Power Jumping....

There is just something totally awesome about power jumping...

Being able to do super long hyper-jumps to sectors on the far side of the Galaxy is just too cool. Here I am in my prototype Boron fighter, and I can jump from one system, fly through the wormhole, and end up in peaceful, blue, scerene Argon Prime, surrounded by air taxi's and grain haulers, where just a moment ago I was surrounded by pirates or Xenon fighter craft, being ripped up with laser fire and missle hits..

To imagine what it would be like in reality, stopped in orbit over a planet, and to program in a jump and wooooooooosh.. bing.. I am there.. in a totally diff part of space, near a new world.. How incredible would that be?????

Its cool what some games can do for you.. Fuel you for possibilities that are just so incredible..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I'm still a long way off from my own jumpdrives, but things are starting to look better. I've switched to my little scout, which freed me up to poke around a little more while I ordered the freighter to run a few errands. I doubled my humble bank account in just a few hours running some more space fuel (remotely - thanks, Chacha!), and then taking advantage of someone in dire need of some energy cells (someone's always running low, it seems).

I'm finally getting the hang of the little "job" icons on the target brackets, too. There's so much to do!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    I'm still a long way off from my own jumpdrives, but things are starting to look better. I've switched to my little scout, which freed me up to poke around a little more while I ordered the freighter to run a few errands. I doubled my humble bank account in just a few hours running some more space fuel (remotely - thanks, Chacha!), and then taking advantage of someone in dire need of some energy cells (someone's always running low, it seems).

I'm finally getting the hang of the little "job" icons on the target brackets, too. There's so much to do!
    Eeeeks, Craig,

I did not mean to tempt you, to do illegal thing...

Dain is coming to get the two of us :isadizzy:

Oh man, what have I done!!! :isadizzy: :isadizzy:

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    Eeeeks, Craig,

I did not mean to tempt you, to do illegal thing...

Dain is coming to get the two of us :isadizzy:

Oh man, what have I done!!! :isadizzy: :isadizzy:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014

X3TC Screenshots

Hey all,

I thought I would share some of my screenshots. I create these as wallpaper for my own computer. I have the black edge on them for my icons on the Desktop so they do not 'hide' in the star fields, lol.. (difficult to find otherwise).

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

wow :isadizzy: i see my bank account dipping slightly more into the red here, that looks amazing great shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    wow :isadizzy: i see my bank account dipping slightly more into the red here, that looks amazing great shots!

Another life ruined by Lionheart. This game will eat your time away.....without you even realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobayrasta View Post
    Another life ruined by Lionheart. This game will eat your time away.....without you even realizing it.
    Fantastic! seriously... having a bit of an argument with the Mrs i need all the distractions i can get

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Smoothie.

I had to do doctor them up as they are the heads up screens which have alot of taget data and icons and things in it. Getting them all out takes a moment to get it to a nice clean look.

The ships are;
    Split Iguanna Vanguard
    Terran Tokyo M1 Carrier
    Boron Prototype Baracuda (I think)
    Eclipse (I cannot remember the race manufacturer of this)
    Split Mamba Fighter (wild little thing)

I just recently got them all armed up to the hilt and put them on board the Tokyo and hyper jumped them to the Heretics End sector and formed a fighter wing. We flew through a few sectors hunting bad guys and found nothing.. arrgh.. .

That Eclipse almost looks Emperial Rebel looking from SW. I took a few shots of it. Neat looking design. I like how the engine bits are hanging out in the rear and the really rough finish on the hull.. The wings or foils are also pretty wild. Looks like they adjust for certain conditions of flight.

Bill

I saw this one today while parusing the PC game section at Wally World. Almost bought it but figured no one I knew would have it..... Wrong. LOL Now you've peeked my curiosity Bill.... thanks a bunch.

Is there anything in TC X3 that looks like the Firefly Serenity from the tv series? That is one I'd love to fly and be a pirate in. And is the sim capable of MP online?

To do list: Next time at Wally World buy TC X3.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey GT-182

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    I saw this one today while parusing the PC game section at Wally World. Almost bought it but figured no one I knew would have it..... Wrong. LOL Now you've peeked my curiosity Bill.... thanks a bunch.
    It peaked my curiosity as well, same as EVE Online. With This one, you do not have to be online.

Is there anything in TC X3 that looks like the Firefly Serenity from the tv series? That is one I'd love to fly and be a pirate in.
    I am sure someone has made a Serenity for it. There are quite a few downloads for this game, including some Star Trek and Star Gate SG1 as well.

And is the sim capable of MP online?
    Unfortunately, no.. No online gaming. EVE Online is the one for that. And its far more massive then X3TC is, but X3TC is pretty darn huge. Be warned...

To do list: Next time at Wally World buy TC X3.
    There are two out at Walmart presently. The basic X3TC and the Gold Pack that came out last week. The Gold Pack is like $40.00 and X3TC, which 'was' $40.00, is now about $20.00. (Nineteen and some change).

Again.. Be warned. This is a huge game. You will need to take a few days to learn things in it. I am still learning alot in it and I have had the game for a few months now. (Which is pretty cool. A game that you finish in a week can be fun but its only for a week. A game that lasts for a year or several, like FS, is a blessing. Thats the way I see it.. .).

Bill

Yeah, it was the Gold Pack I looked at Bill. And it's DRM Free.... says so on the front of da box. :d

I think, IIRC, the Gold pack was 29 and change here. Looks like I'm going back to Wally World tomorrow and pick it up.

I saw Eve Online and didn't get it because it was for online only. I like to screw things up before I get on line.

Thanks for answering my questions Bill. Catch me in the next wormhole you jump thru. LOL
    Gary -

I'm in need of a little advice.

I have earned enough money from chasing down pirates, making people drop there cargo or abandoning their ships that I now want to purchase a mining platform, but can not do so because I need some sort of a 'tow truck' before they will sell me one.

Where in the world would I look for a tow truck driver? What would I be looking for? Is there some advice you all can give me?

Also, I have been dropping navigational sats in different sectors, but some ass keeps blowing them up What is up with that, those things aren't that expensive, but dang it :mixedsmi:

EDIT
    By the way, those are nice screenshots you posted. Good job. Is there any way to turn off all HU display so you don't have to edit them?

Well, I'm out of the "space fuel" business, now that I discovered I can buy/haul more than the trader in Herron's Nebula is able to buy at one go. I was pleased to discover that the Marine Training barracks in Home of Light will buy space fuel (figures! :ernae, but not at the best prices. I think I'm going to move over to hauling energy cells - lot's of places to get 'em, everybody needs them, sooner or later.

I've finally built up some funds and have started upgrading. I am now armed (lightly), and dangerous (probably to myself). I'd welcome any advice how to proceed with space combat. So far I've only shot up a few crates in the tutorial and have no idea how to fight another ship. This will get interesting...

@ Bill, nice shots! Your snaps are what got me interested in this in the first place. I particularly like the looks of that Eclipse.

@ Gary and Matt, if you like games that require as much thinking as doing, then I think you'll really dig this one.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Craig, the thinking part might do me in. LOL I have to admit tho that Bill's screenshots look great.

BTW... are you guys using joysticks and were they easy to set up? I'm just wondering if my Cougar HOTAS and rudder pedals will be a PITA with this one, and I'd be better off with a simple twist rudder joystick. And no, I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread in case the answer is in them somewhere. LOL
    Gary -

BTW... are you guys using joysticks and were they easy to set up? I'm just wondering if my Cougar HOTAS and rudder pedals will be a PITA with this one, and I'd be better off with a simple twist rudder joystick. And no, I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread in case the answer is in them somewhere. LOL
    I think you'll probably find it to be more of a pain than not. I'm using a CH Fighterstick Pro. By default, the joystick seems to control pitch and yaw, while roll is controlled by the 'q' and 'e' keys on the keyboard. A twisting joystick may take care of this, but I don't really know for sure. I need to figure out how to creat a profile with my CH Manager software but haven't taken the time to figure out how yet. It would be great if I could bring my rudder pedals into it.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

I think you'll probably find it to be more of a pain than not. I'm using a CH Fighterstick Pro. By default, the joystick seems to control pitch and yaw, while roll is controlled by the 'q' and 'e' keys on the keyboard. A twisting joystick may take care of this, but I don't really know for sure. I need to figure out how to creat a profile with my CH Manager software but haven't taken the time to figure out how yet. It would be great if I could bring my rudder pedals into it.
    Same here with my Cougar. I've got the Elite rudder pedals so they should work. I just never was able to figure out how to make profiles, even after reading the book. LOL There must be a way to change control setting like with FSX.
    Gary -

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    My Logitech extreme 3D pro works like a charm (twister) !!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    I've got an old one I haven't used in a long long time. Might have to pull out, if I can find it, and give it a try.
    Gary -

right ordered it, just gotta be patient and wait now... *picks up begleri* sorry Greek habits die hard

can't wait!

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    ... same here....

I wish I can use my TrackIR as well!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Madman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I'm in need of a little advice.

I have earned enough money from chasing down pirates, making people drop there cargo or abandoning their ships that I now want to purchase a mining platform, but can not do so because I need some sort of a 'tow truck' before they will sell me one.

Where in the world would I look for a tow truck driver? What would I be looking for? Is there some advice you all can give me?
    You need a TL class freighter. You probably don't own one, but you can hire one. IIRC, every system that has a shipyard will have a least one TL flying around. Approach and open comms and one of your options should be to hire for a job. Instruct them to dock at the shipyard. Once docked you can buy your station (provided that your race relations are high enough) and it will be loaded onto the TL. Now just tell the TL where to fly for delivery. Every time it passes through a gate into a new system you will be charged and the charge will vary depending on your relations with the TL's race.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    ... same here....

I wish I can use my TrackIR as well!

I think that's why my neck is stiff lately, I can't look around.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I...hate...Microsoft.

Last night I finally worked my way past umpteen Xenon to get to the abandoned Advanced Barracuda. Claimed it, hopped in, all set to dock...

And my computer shuts down...

MS had updates that required a restart. It had one of those timed pop ups I couldn't see in game.

Grrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman View Post
    You need a TL class freighter. You probably don't own one, but you can hire one. IIRC, every system that has a shipyard will have a least one TL flying around. Approach and open comms and one of your options should be to hire for a job. Instruct them to dock at the shipyard. Once docked you can buy your station (provided that your race relations are high enough) and it will be loaded onto the TL. Now just tell the TL where to fly for delivery. Every time it passes through a gate into a new system you will be charged and the charge will vary depending on your relations with the TL's race.
    Good to know. I capped a smuggler TL last night, was wondering if I should hang onto it, now I will.