Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 21
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    What is it about the GOLD?

Thus this mean any better than the 2.0? :isadizzy:

I should have just checked....
    Chacha, Gold is a compliation, it contains X2, and both versions of X3, with the updates to ver 2.5 on both. They are talking about a "Super Box" now which will be that plus first 2 X games and a large selection of Fan made Mods, ships and even some Fan Fiction, no release date, they are still evaluating amterial but it will basically be the entire Xuniverse and then some.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    To Mike,

Man, that is horrible. Sorry it all collapsed on you. Glad you are getting them all back running again. I can barely manage running one version of X3. Cant imagine 3 or 4 different versions. I am still learning all the various ships and sectors... (well, about 5% of them, lolol.. ).

To ChaCha,

Basically the Gold Edition has X3TC, X3R, the most recent updates all included (versions 2.5), as well as a music CD. They are still the same as the base versions but without the newest updates, and you can get the music from the game folders, so you really dont need the music CD..

So no biggie on having the Gold pack. But if you can get it, and you dont have either, then the gold pack is the way to go as you will not need any updates to download and install.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    To Mike,

Man, that is horrible. Sorry it all collapsed on you. Glad you are getting them all back running again. I can barely manage running one version of X3. Cant imagine 3 or 4 different versions. I am still learning all the various ships and sectors... (well, about 5% of them, lolol.. ).

Bill
    It has been a frustrating few days, I had long consultations with Scotty about the problems, after comsuming several large shots of some Goner brewed Space Fuel, (tasted very much like Romulian Ale... and kicked just as hard :isadizzy Mr Scott figured it was a problem with the AVG (Argon Virus Guard) - well that or the fact that he "ed" all over the SETA and Advanced Jump Drive, we found a down on his luck Boron and dumped the whole fleet on him and took the cash to the Apricot Slice Shipyard to start fresh.

***Note to self - Goner Space fuel to be kept away from Mr Scott at all times, and for god sakes if he brings his own DO NOT allow him to eat Yaki Chilli.... What a mess...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    ***Note to self - Goner Space fuel to be kept away from Mr Scott at all times, and for god sakes if he brings his own DO NOT allow him to eat Yaki Chilli.... What a mess...

Well, I reviewed one of the maps I found online and figure that, after about 2 weeks of playing, I've seen about 20% of the known universe and have yet to start the main story line. :isadizzy:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post

Well, I reviewed one of the maps I found online and figure that, after about 2 weeks of playing, I've seen about 20% of the known universe and have yet to start the main story line. :isadizzy:

Its HUGE... I think I am still missing some gates. Found another one tonight by mistake.

Mike,

I have a technical question. When building your own ships, what do you need to do, how can you check to see how the progress is going? I put in a qeue for them to be manufactured over a week ago and nothing has happened yet. Perhaps I need to assign a freighter to the station or find a list of supplies that are needed by the factory within?

I am surely missing something.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    I bit the bullet tonight and detuned my graphics settings on X3TC...

:sheds tear... :

When I was in dogfights, my frame rates would drop way down. I would also have to steer away from having huge ships in my view. With all the ships and AI traffic, and graphics maxxed out, it was just too much on the Mac..

So, I lowered a couple of settings and now its running like glass. The textures are no longer AMAZING... Sort of drag and gray looking now.. But, its running super fast now, so no worries. When I want to do a photo run, I'll save and restart with diff settings, shoot some pics, and reset all over again.

Horrible when the dog fights would get slow.. I could still fight, but very difficult.. Settings adjusted are Anisotropic to 'off' and Shaders to 'Low'. Thats it. Screen Rez width at 1900. Not bad.. :d

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    ,[Mike,

I have a technical question. When building your own ships, what do you need to do, how can you check to see how the progress is going? I put in a qeue for them to be manufactured over a week ago and nothing has happened yet. Perhaps I need to assign a freighter to the station or find a list of supplies that are needed by the factory within?

I am surely missing something.

Bill
    Bill you hit the nail on the head, you need to get the required material stocked and well supplied at your headquarters to keep the operation running and building those ships. The best suggestion is to assign several freighters to the HQ (just make it their Home Base) and assign each to a trade route that will supply one needed item. If you have the right software you can set a ship to make the same run continusly to keep the station stocked. The other thing that can help is to build a Solar Power Plant right next to your HQ, then connect it with a Complex Construction Kit, that way you don't have to transport Energy Cells, they are delivered directly through the connected tunnels. Using that strategy if you have your HQ near a good yeilding Asteroid you could use another kit to connect the HQ to the Ore Mine and save you moving ore as well. You can move the HQ if there is a good yeild asteroid in the same sector, just grab a Station carrier and latch on with the Tractor Beam - be warned it is a slow process, those things with an HQ in tow only make about 10 KM so think carefully before you try that. One other tactic is to asjust your station parameters, open up trading to all races (I think it is that way by default) and set your min max price for Ore, Energy Cells etc to slightly higher than any stations in the surrounding sectors, you will attract all the traders and it helps keep the HQ stocked. Buying form others at higher prices means you pay more to make your ships, but it does make it easier to keep things running and you can keep your fleet out there making money. Oh yeah one last thing, make sure you transfer Funds to the HQ account, they need credits to buy wares from traders, and you will have to keep topping up the HQ account as time goes on.

This Sim really does require a lot of work to master all the little details, kind of what makes it so interesting, it is sooo much more than just a Space Shooter - although you could keep yourself entertained for a very long time just taking "Search & Destroy" missions if you are in the mood to BLOW things up...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Mike,

Well, I have fortified my HQ with a zillion energy cells, ore, computer components (have my own station for that), and not noticing anything.

I might paruse the forums to see if anyone else talks on how to make ships at your own shipyard. Seems like there should be a scaler that shows ships being made. Perhaps I messed up on the Baldric reverse-engineering section..

Bill

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    I think I've had it with this crappy game........
    This is the zillianth time I've lost 6 heavy-duty fighters to one transporter !!
    I set them up to patrol a sector.......turn my back (leave the sector) for 30 minutes..............and they're gone!!

WTF ???
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    This is the zillianth time I've lost 6 heavy-duty fighters to one transporter !!
    I set them up to patrol a sector.......turn my back (leave the sector) for 30 minutes..............and they're gone!!

WTF ???

Easy big guy.. Easy....

First, have a shot of space fuel..

Now.. Read your signature..

Deep breath..

Tomorrow is a new day.

What freighter took them out?

Remember, Mike is out there blowing up entire Xenon sectors with his freighter...

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    By the way.. If something catastrophic happens in my game, I just backstep. You can go to a point that you last docked at a station.

Bill

WTF ???
    LD are you sure it was the Freighter that got them? If your ships were on patrol and were under attack you should have got awarning, if you did not reveive "One of your Ships is under Attack in ???? Sector" then the most likely cause for their destructions is - you ready for this "PILOT ERROR" yup they have that in space too. The AI Pilots are not always the best with navigation, especially in crowded sectors, I have lost many when I have them following me and the "ID 10 T" s can't seem to miss the big trading stations, I dock they just plow right into the side of a station and Space Dust...

Quick Tip, if you are sending fighters on Patrol, set them into a wing and command the Wing to Patrol, then as soon as you get a message they are under attack, command the Wing to "Attack All Enemys" or "Protect Ship". I am not sure but your boys might not have even fired a shot back and just continued to patrol when under attack, so you might want to watch the message board.

Oh the other thing, check you personal log it will tell you how the poor boys met their end, if it says they were destroyed by a station or Asteroid it was Pilot Error, if it was an attack you will see who did it so you can extract proper revenge.

And for heave sake keep them away from the Space Fuel, if your engineers are like mine they have it stached everywhere and nothing makes an AI Pilot stupid faster than a couple shots of Space Fuel!!!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well folks I am off on another business trip, so I have put the personal ship in the hanger, I should be back by Sat, have fun out there and "Live Long and Prosper"
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey LD,

I'll second what Bill and Mike posted. I once set my little Octopus to "follow me" and it flew right into the side of my Nova. First I saw a flash of green, than a flash of light, and then nothing. The AI apparently does not have skills! I've seen it referred to as the "auto-pillok" on occasion, and it seems for good reason.

I'm with Bill -- save often and reload if the 'puter does something unfair. :ernae:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Well folks I am off on another business trip, so I have put the personal ship in the hanger, I should be back by Sat, have fun out there and "Live Long and Prosper"

Have a safe trip Mike. I hope it all goes well.

This will be like fasting, eh? :d

Bill

WTF ???
    It was a Duke Freight Transporter. Always shows up in red but not on the friend/foe list. I can usually take them out with one or two basic fighters.
    Losing six fighters with heavy shields and long range weapons is ridicules.
    Maybe I didn't have something "set" right (like turrets or....?). Guess I'll go ahead and replace them......its not that I can't afford it.
    Checked my account for the first time in ages.......$ 1,900,000,000 !!!
    (from beaucoup ore trading, playing policeman, and lots of "missions")

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman View Post
    Long time X-player (X-tension, X-2, X-3 Reunion) chiming in here.

Lionheart asked about 'auto-trading'; first get a piece of software called a trading system extension and install it in the ship that you're piloting. Now you can check pricing and stock levels of a station without landing; target the station, check the info, and the quantities of stock for sale and resource inventory levels and current prices are listed. You can now also order your freighter to land at stations (you don't even have to be in the same system; once your freighter enters the system you have access to price and stock information) and buy and sell items while you continue exploring the galaxy in your other ship. You can also purchase trade command software Mk. 3 (later, when you've got the cash because it costs over 500,000 credits). This will eventually (after your pilot learns and increases his trade level) make your traders almost completely autonomous.

Here is a link to the Egosoft forums: http://forum.egosoft.com/index.php

When you go into the X-Universe forum check the The Ultimate X resource and guides list (it's a "Sticky" thread right near the top). This thread contains links to tons and tons of information about all the X series of games.

Also, here are a couple of other sites with tons of information as well (including sector maps, etc.):

X-3: Reunion http://www.xdatabase.de/x3-reunion/en/welcome.html

X-3: Terran Conflict http://eng.x3tc.ru/

Warning: Visiting these sites is bound to lead to spoilers eventually, but sometimes you may find yourself needing that extra little bit of information.
    Hey all,

Based on Gary's suggestion in the 'Patrol Logs' thread, I'm giving this post a 'bump'. Some very helpful stuff [madly rushes off to bookmark links].

A note on mission 'guidance' - mine was turned on by default, but I guess this may vary depending on your installation. I think you can turn it on/off by going to the main in-game menu bar, clicking on the top icon (pilot status, etc.) and selecting 'My Missions' (should be the top menu selection if you have a mission active). Then click on the mission displayed. A window will pop up with high-level mission info. There should be a notification in the upper right hand corner of the window that says "Guidance Active" or not. There's a way to bring up a sub menu within this mission box (might be left or right mouse click, or maybe even a hover), and one of the selections from this submenu is to turn guidance on/off. You can also abort the mission from this submenu, which I *think* you can do with no loss to your reputation. If you forget some of the details of the mission, such as where/who to make contact for additional information, I think you can find a choice to bring up the original briefing. You can also select 'My Message Log' from the top menu to see this briefing. Comes in handy sometimes.

Cheers,
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Craig for reposting that.

LuckyDog..

Yiiewwww LUCKY DOG!!!! Over a Billion credits???????????????

Yikes-skis!

:faint:

SOH-CM-2014
    I found out, last night, that when you purchase a ship that is out in space (in a sector), that pilot in the ship ejects in his suit, lolololol.... Crazy people! I guess they are really anxious to sell their stuff..

I offered the pilot a ride to the station, but he didnt ansere my hails.. Oh well. Probably an hour flight in the suit. Hope he has enough fuel and oxy..

In case you didnt know, some pilots offer their ships for sale when flying through sectors. They usually have a money sign over them. Just click and ask. Always double check prices from that russian site. (Go to the site, screenshots/screenshots of ships/ and do a search for it, check the price when its new.. Some ships that are used go for almost the new price, not worth it.. Some are a small fraction of the new price.. VERY MUCH WORTH IT then.. ).

:d

Bill

I've been doing that too, although I'd been going off the hull condition. I didn't know there was a price list. I'll have to check that out. Good tip!

I also hadn't noticed the extra '000' in LD's post. I was thinking "That looks reasonable..." since I'm almost to $1.8M myself. Holy...!!!!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Damn !

I go eat dinner and when I get back on the puter......dessert !!

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Retired SOH Administrator
    Congratulations...Lionheart!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks ChaCha!

wooo hooooooo!

LD,

To quote a famous saying from Stargate SG1; Indeed!

Bill

Mike, from Capt. Jack Sparrow, have a safe journey. Live long and prosper... so say we all.

Craig... thanks for that info. It'll sure help a whole bunch. :d

And thanks Ickie and Staff for the X3 section. We have our own little piece of the pie now... sure is sweet. the Addicition thread looks to be the highest read thread in all of SOH. Not bad for a space flight simulation.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Mike, from Capt. Jack Sparrow, have a safe journey. Live long and prosper... so say we all.

"Master and Commander", known also as Journey to the Far Side of the Earth.

A great movie.. One of my all time faves.