Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 18
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Mike, have you seen a Firefly from the Serenity tv series anywhere as a mod for X3? That's one I'd love to have to add into Terran Conflict. I've looked arround a bit but I don't know where I'd find it if there is one.
    I have seen it, let me see if I can find you a link.

http://download.wcnews.com/files/mod...od_V2.3.6a.exe this is for reunion but I am pretty sure it will work. I has the firefly along with wing commander and Battlestar ships.

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?threadid=20447 thread about it. Please double check the compatibility.

Chris

Ah great.... and many thanks Chris.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobayrasta View Post
    I have seen it, let me see if I can find you a link.
    Another Wing Commander fan, I loved that series, I still have the whole collection, and I keep an old P4 box with it all loaded up for those times I feel the need, to blow stuff up.

I see you also watch WCNews, that was what started me o X3 Reunion 3 years ago. I am going to have to look at the X3 downloads over there again as well as the Xuniverse forms.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobayrasta View Post
    http://download.wcnews.com/files/mod...od_V2.3.6a.exe this is for reunion but I am pretty sure it will work. I has the firefly along with wing commander and Battlestar ships.

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?threadid=20447 thread about it. Please double check the compatibility.

Chris
    Unbelievable, that download is an earlier version of the one I took the screen shots from in my post. The version on that link is 2.3, I am installing ver 2.5 which adds several more ships, and a few other goodies. I will look for the download link for the new version. You might want to pick this up if you are planning on getting into adding ships, it is a great starting guide and some good links for ships as well.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.p...0613ec3c245754
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

I got the mod but not sure how to install it. There's more there than just the DAT file and Security Catalog. Not sure what to do with the Scripts and XMLs. And is it best done as a Fake Mod?

And, will adding cause me lose my "Saves"?

Your Egosoft link isn't working Mike. At least not for me.... all I'm getting is a "critical error" mssg.
    Gary -

GT182 here are the links to the latest version of the DDRS Mod, there are 55 ships plus stations, so it is big. This one is next on my list to try.

BTW these are 3 versions of the same mod, just different format for the D/L file so just grab which ever you like to use.

Current Downloads:

RAR Archive for 2.5 - Leveled
    http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/X2_Pix/DDRS_ShipStation_Mod_V2.5.rar
    Self-extracting EXE for 2.5 - Leveled
    http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/X2_Pix/DDRS_ShipStation_Mod_V2.5.exe
    NSIS Installer for for 2.5 - Leveled
    http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/X2_Pix/DDRS_Leveled-V2.5_install.exe
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks Mike for posting that.

I may have to go shopping in the space ship / station auto-mall.. :d

I would love to have an F302 and go after some Goua-ould mother ships..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I got the mod but not sure how to install it. There's more there than just the DAT file and Security Catalog. Not sure what to do with the Scripts and XMLs. And is it best done as a Fake Mod?

And, will adding cause me lose my "Saves"?
    Try this link for the Ergosoft page, I just tested it and it came up fine - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.p...0613ec3c245754

GT182, most of the Mods (the big ones) require a fresh start, so your save games will not work, I have not tried to install this one yet so I am not sure, I will be doing that in a few minutes so stay tuned.

If you are having problems installing ships and Mods, grab this Doc, it is a great guide;

A Monkey's guide to adding ships to X3
    A walkthrough of how I add a ship into X3 - A 5mb download but it might be useful to anyone who wants to try making new ships.
    A_monkeys_guide_to_adding_ships_to_X3_reunion.rar

You should also have the Cycrow utilities, they will take care of most minor details automatically, check the following;

Highly Recommended

X3 Plugin Manager by Cycrow
    This is an unofficial utility that can be used to install scripts and mods. Note that not all scripts are compatible with this utility but virtually all well developed scripts are due to it's ease of use. Only script packages that end in .spk will work with this utility. As it is unofficial, scripters are not required to use this utility. Check in the thread of the script you are interested in to see if it supports this program .

--------------------------------

Ship Manager By Cycrow
    This is an unofficial utility that is used to create and install ship mods. Any xsp files require this program to install them and allows ships to be added onto current mods

For Reference what I have been doing is making a testing install of X3R and using it to see if I like the mod and if it works with my save games - also helps with SNAFU's. With X3 this is easy to do, here are the steps I use.

1) Go to Ergosoft Program folder i.e. - E:\Program Files\EGOSOFT
    2) Make a complete duplicate copy of the X3 Reunion Folder and all sub folders. I just Right click select Copy then point to a blank spot and Right Click then select Paste, Windows takes care of the name by adding - (Copy) to the folder name
    3) I do the very same in the My Documents\Ergosoft
    X3 Reunion Folder.
    4) Then I follow all installation instructions for installing the Mod into the regular X3 folder and give it a try, if there are problems, or I do not like it, I just blow it away and rename the both folders - (Copy) back, no harm done.

If you want to try a couple of incompatible mods, make more copies (if you have the disk space) and just remember to rename which ever you want to play to the proper name and all shortcuts and registry entries are uneffected.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My thanks too Mike. And for the info too.
    Gary -

Mike, the links to Cycrow"s Ship Manager exe and website aren't working right now. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the links.
    Gary -

Mike, the links to Cycrow"s Ship Manager exe and website aren't working right now. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the links.
    Give these a try - Download Installer: Download : Mirror Download 1 : Mirror Download 2
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That worked great Mike..... thanks again.
    Gary -

Madman
    Make sure that you've got the correct version of the plug in manager. His older version (2.12, I think) works for Reunion, but I don't think it works correctly for TC. He's working on a new version (still beta) that will work for both.

You all have created a new addiction in my house! My alloted sleeping hours are shrinking rapidly.....

Now I have a question, we're playing Reunion with the 'Apricot Gunbus Mod' and new save point.... Talk about sheer madness.

We'd like to add the XTM mod, of course there is no readme, and when I just unzip it to the EGOSOFT directory we get an error when the game goes into the playing screen. What am I missing? Any help greatly appreciated!

pied
    Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak......

Retired SOH Administrator
    Man, I am left out..... :isadizzy:

You guys have fleet and fleets...

I have to discipline my self to stay away from my addiction to Kh...K... I know I am depriving myself of goodnight sleep and rest... I still play TCX3, but not as much.... I have a dedicated day for that game, my simming has also suffered since I don't sim as much as I do...

Victory- a cool little beauty... has taken over TCX3 for a little bit.... and she is a fun aircraft... I am learning more about her a lot.... (oops sorry, I get carried away, should not talk about her that much!)

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is the truly amazing part of this, I've been a flight sim addict for about 10 years, and since I installed X3 (on a lark, just to see what the fuss was about!) I haven't opened any of the sims that used to be used daily...

pied

Creating a trading empire and blast Xenon/Pirates/Khak in atoms is just to satisfying!
    Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak......

Pied, same here, you are not alone. LOL

I finally got the Key Controls for Reunion and TC printed out so they can be read. :d Now to search for my Wingman Extreme joystick that's still packed away.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    That is the truly amazing part of this, I've been a flight sim addict for about 10 years, and since I installed X3 (on a lark, just to see what the fuss was about!) I haven't opened any of the sims that used to be used daily...

pied

Creating a trading empire and blast Xenon/Pirates/Khak in atoms is just to satisfying!
    Same here, lol.. Its a nice break from the usual.

This game seems alot like FS. I can do my own thing. It has a CFS built in, but I can explore, do business, etc.. Pretty cool...

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    You all have created a new addiction in my house! My alloted sleeping hours are shrinking rapidly.....

Now I have a question, we're playing Reunion with the 'Apricot Gunbus Mod' and new save point.... Talk about sheer madness.

We'd like to add the XTM mod, of course there is no readme, and when I just unzip it to the EGOSOFT directory we get an error when the game goes into the playing screen. What am I missing? Any help greatly appreciated!

pied
    Pied, Are you playing X3 Reunion with just the Gunbus Mod or the full Apricot Mapping Service Mod? XTM is not compatible with Apricot Mapping service, so you can't run both on the same install. I believe you can run XTM and just the Gunbus Ship mod, (I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it will work). I think you would have to install XTM first them add the Gunbus as a fake patch after.

On my system I have 3 seperate X3R folders, one is unmodified, one is the total Apricot MMaping SERvice, whic includes the Gunbus and quite a few other modded ships, and a seperate folder for XTM. I just rename the folders to keep them seperate, and which ever I want to play I name the proper name X3 Reunion, (I also do the same with the Save game folder in My Documents).

I have to say they each have their good points, but so far XTM has the most overall, these guys did a huge amount of work, the effects are stunning, (new exhaust trails for engines and missles are amazing) and some very interesting alternate starts and missions. Check the XTM site for full details, there is a good install guide and eferything you could ask for in cheats and extras.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/index.ph...id=xtendedhome
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the info!

I'll try several installs, this is getting to sound just like CFS3! With tons better graphics though!

Thanks again,

pied

SOH-CM-2014
    I second that. Looks like its getting to be time to create a second version install of X3TC. I dont want to damage this and I may just start/finish a fighter run to see what you guys have been talking about.

ChaCha,

Leave those things alone and do some space flying! :d

There are some interesting things you can do with your ships, like SETA Boost and SuperTune. (I think SuperTune might be the same thing, but in Cheats, it goes a bit faster I think).

Mike,

That post you had with the link to 'Monkeys Guide to Installing Ships's.. That thing is BRILLIANT! It talks about how you can make ships and put them in X3. Shows a Federation ship in the process, via 3DS Max. Gmax is very similar. The tools just might work with it. I am going to give it a shot. They have a tool that will decompile a X3 ship as well, so you can bring one into Max. Lets hope it works with Gmax as well. If it does, I can turn around and export it directly to FS format and have a FS version of it. But it would be cool to create some wild ships.. (like the X/F 302 or 303.. which ever the Terran Death Glider bird is with Naquadria drive).

Bill

I just spent the evening with X3 Reunion running the Xtended Mod, it is what Terran Conflict is based on, all of the Terran sectors were created by these guys and Ergosoft used the Fan created material for the new release, nice job to. In some ways I think the X3r mod is better than the Ergosoft version, the effects on ship and missle exhaust are stunning, I have some screen shots but they are TGA and I have to convert them before posting. I'll do that in the am but just wait until you see these...WOW.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GoGamer has X# Gold on sale for 19.99 for the next 96 hours. If you don't have this awesome sim, now is the time to grab it. Less than the cost of a decent add on for FSX

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...&extid=Nov1909

SOH-CM-2014
    Well, I lost two Caiman Super Freighters to some 'FREAK' called a Xenon 'Q'.

I found the dang thing, raiding a sector, attacking a freighter. Huge thing.... Small battleship. So I pursued in my Nemesis...

I distracted it a few times, couldnt get my lasers to fire, and launched a volley of 10 Aurora missles. No damage to the raider.. Grim. Hyperjumped out of their back to my base at Argon Prime.

Tonight I'll be repairing the fleet, rebuilding the two lost freighters.

arghh...

Screenshot of the night.

Bill