Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 22
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I got my 'Ship Manufacturing' system running. :d

Her is a screenshot of the HQ factory data (panel that 'u' key brings up). If you scroll down, you find supplies needed, and if you are building a ship, and supplies are there, then production starts. The Baldric will take about an hour to make. Too tired to wait, lol..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Charter Member 2011
    OK all, here it is.... I'm hooked!!!! lol
    Spent the last few days trying to figure out what I was doing, and some (just some at this point) of the paculularities of the sim..... FINALLY getting some credits earned. Been darting around trying to visit places, and see how things work. Still haven't figured out how to change ships, even though I've tried what I believe I read of the forums. Also found out that you can't be interupted once you decide to take a mission, or you run out of time. Found this out the hard way (though I didn't get any lasting damage) by stopping at a dollar sign marker when I was supposed to be finding someone as my assigned task....:isadizzy: Also, how do you transport someone? I was told I needed to install life support in the cargo hiold, but not where to find it, or how to pick the individual up once I had this... So much to learn, so little time....

I'm HOOKED!!!

Hey yank, welcome aboard!

There's two ways to change ships. One is to be docked with both ships at a station. I can't remember the exact menu sequence to switch, but you'll find the correct entry under one of the icons from the left-hand menu bar.

The other way to switch is to maneuver both ships next to each other in a quiet part of space, get out of one, and get into the other. To do this, eject from the ship you're in using the icon near the bottom of the menu bar, fly over to within a few meters of the ship you want to enter. Using your mouse, left-click on the ship to select it (your reticle should turn green at this point), and then left-click again on the green square. A menu box should open up where you'll see a selection choice for "enter ship." Pick that and you're in. You can also fix damaged ships by ejecting, facing the ship, and then right clicking your mouse to activate your repair laser. I know, sounds goofy, but it works -- and it's free!

You're correct about needing a life support system in your cargo hold to transport someone. The only place I've heard about selling those are pirate bases. I haven't encountered any elsewhere. Your other option is to find and buy/capture a TP-class ship, which comes equipped with life support for passengers.

The learning curve is steep at first, but you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Don't be afraid to turn missions down. I started with the 'easy' ones first. If you have weapons equipped, try an easy 'protection' mission. That will help you get used to flying and fighting without too much risk. It pays money and will advance your race reputation as well.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Charter Member 2011
    Craig,
    Yeah, I took on an assignment to fetch a ship that had been stolen, then realized I didn't even have any weapons!!! What a noobie!!!:isadizzy:
    Anyway, I got distracted, or time ran out, so nothing happened, and I just quit out of it.... All of this is just to learn, as many of you have already done. But watching my earnings pile-up last night assured me of staying with it, as now I can see some light in the tunnel, and I know more is to come!!!

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by yank51 View Post
    Craig,
    Yeah, I took on an assignment to fetch a ship that had been stolen, then realized I didn't even have any weapons!!! What a noobie!!!:isadizzy:
    Anyway, I got distracted, or time ran out, so nothing happened, and I just quit out of it.... All of this is just to learn, as many of you have already done. But watching my earnings pile-up last night assured me of staying with it, as now I can see some light in the tunnel, and I know more is to come!!!
    You are not alone Yank51, my very first mission was like that, I did not have any ammo, how will I defend my mission from attacks, that is how I learned, error, and more error, and lost.... and more losses.... but it gets your determination to do well the next time, and the next time, and the next time.... and that's how we learn...

Addictive isn't it? :isadizzy:

This game is huge, real big.... you will learn a lot of strategies, very interesting game... very... I don't have sleepless night anymore, tossing and turning.... my nights are occupied by this game... eeeks :isadizzy:... Kidding aside, I enjoy this game... and so you will, others did...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Its pretty intense.. Really keeps you thinking and there are always other things you can be doing in it as well so if you get bored with one, you can move on to something different.

Yank,

I install Cargo Life Support via the Ships Cheat system from Cycrow. It has it in it. If that is all you are wanting, that may be the way to go. I'll look around in the Egosoft forums to see if someone has a location of a station that has it.

To do a basic 'change ship' scenario, just dock at the same station that your other ship is at. Bring up the Property window via R key. Find your ship on the list and click on it. Click Advanced / Change Ship, and bing.. You will switch over. Both of you must be docked at the same station to do this.

Transporter is in Kingdom of light, at the main headquarters mining base, the gigantic station there. (Cant miss it). They also have 'Jump Drive' there. Transporter is used for transferring to another ship. If you are in a ship that has it, you can transport into the other ship that does not have it. But you cannot transport backwards from a ship that does not have it. (so I think). To transport, fly up next to a ship. Both must be undocked..... Then click on the ship beside you and click on Advanced / Change Ship or X key. You will then beam over 'Star Trek' style. This is really handy if you purchase a used ship. You can send your other ship home via auto pilot and then fly the new ship home yourself to ensure it makes it. (Some dont, especially going through pirate sectors via auto pilot or auto pillock, lol).

Some side notes; you can only save when at a station. You can increase your SETA speed to 1000% in the game settings section. You can turn on 'View Wormhole' or whatever the tunnel of light is called in the Game settings section also. Cool effect.

Figure you cant learn it all in a couple of days.... Just have fun and ask questions when you need help.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    X3 crashed twice tonite.......
    Ctrl-Alt-Delete was a no go....
    Had to do a major shut-down and restart both times
    Both crashes happened when I tried to transfer a wing from one sector to the one next door.......

ran scans..........computer's clean

:isadizzy:
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    LD,

Are you starting to bog down in frame rates after playing for a while? Some people are reporting that. My computer was getting so bad that I have to start saving and exiting the game and restarting it to clear the memory. Seems like its bogging down severely after a while of game play..

I havent had any crashes or lockups though. It locks up for moments at a time when I am facing certain area's. If I turn the joystick away from the area, my frame rates are restored..

Bill

found out that you can't be interupted once you decide to take a mission, or you run out of time. Found this out the hard way (though I didn't get any lasting damage) by stopping at a dollar sign marker when I was supposed to be finding someone as my assigned task....:isadizzy: Also, how do you transport someone? I was told I needed to install life support in the cargo hiold, but not where to find it, or how to pick the individual up once I had this... So much to learn, so little time....

Yank51, a couple of quick tips, when you accept a mission check the specifics some are time limited some are unlimited, you can take several unlimited missions at the same time and do them at your leisure. One other thing, there is an enhanced X3 Map, which will allow searches for anything and everything, if you want to know where to by a Life Support system it will show every sector and station that sells them, some consider it a cheat, but it would be like looking up something on the internet in real life IMHO so I use it.

If you are interested here is the link - www.suu-design.com, BTW you can configure it to show only sectors you have visited and mapped so if you are a purest it is not even really cheating. The presentation and search function is exceptional, well worth the cost - FREE - and Gig likes Free
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    X3 crashed twice tonite.......
    Ctrl-Alt-Delete was a no go....
    Had to do a major shut-down and restart both times
    Both crashes happened when I tried to transfer a wing from one sector to the one next door.......

ran scans..........computer's clean

:isadizzy:
    LD, quick question, have you installed any Mods to your game? If so try starting with the last Mod disabled and see if the crashes still occur. I had some issues with a Crash to Desktop when I was docking in X3R and when I disabled the last Mod I had activated the problem went away, it was a simple version issue, I got the updated Mod and everything was fine.

Bill is right about a system bogging down and causing problems to, I had a couple crashes when I got into some heavy battles, I solved that by shutting down all unnecessary processes and services before starting the game and I still have respectable frames with all settings maxed. I must set-up one of the auto kill utilities again like I use for FSX, I know there are a couple that can be used with any program I just have to find them again.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    If you are interested here is the link - www.suu-design.com, BTW you can configure it to show onl

This looks pretty cool. Does it work with X3TC?

That is even better than dropping nav sats in every sector, cheaper too!

Marlin, there are 2 versions one for X3 Reunion and a seperate Terran Conflict version.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahh Haaa, thanks.

SOH-CM-2014
    Im beginning to think that a freighter is the thing to have on a normal basis concerning taking jobs for making money..

I never have enough room in my Iguanna Vangaurd or Nemesis... arrgh.

Bill

Bill, I generally always have a Transport and Gunship with me at all times, I am in the Gunship most of the time - you know the Guy Thing, lots of FIRE POWER. I have them outfitted with the Transporter so I can jump back and forth, it has worked well for me.

BTW I capped a Pirate tonight, nice little haul, pictures and After Action Report in the morning.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anybody know where to find weapons platforms ?? I think they're Argon, but I've looked everywhere ....... and nada (including "cheats").

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

If it's an "Orbital Weapons Platform" - I think you might find those at a shipyard. If the 'regular' shipyards don't have them, the 'super' shipyards might. There's an Argonian super shipyard in Legend's Home. I was just there, browsing factories. OTAS has a shipyard there as well.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    If it's an "Orbital Weapons Platform" - I think you might find those at a shipyard. If the 'regular' shipyards don't have them, the 'super' shipyards might. There's an Argonian super shipyard in Legend's Home. I was just there, browsing factories. OTAS has a shipyard there as well.
    Thank you sir !

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Checked it out but...............not on the menu.
    Like I said, they're not even on the "cheat" menu ! Weird !

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Checked it out but...............not on the menu.
    Like I said, they're not even on the "cheat" menu ! Weird !
    Hey LD,

It was only a guess. I'm a little surprised. I did a little digging and found this thread over at Egosoft http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226074. Apparently you can't buy one, but it might be possible to capture or claim one. Getting it back to where you want it seems to be the trick. It wasn't clear from the thread how successful anyone has been in doing this.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Just out of curiosity, can you even dock with a weapons platform? If not, and if it doesnt do anything, then it might just be a stationary scenery object, like asteroids.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can you even dock with a weapons platform? If not, and if it doesnt do anything, then it might just be a stationary scenery object, like asteroids.

Bill
    After reading the thread, my understanding was that it had to be boarded by Marines (like you would with an 'enemy' ship) in order to capture it.

The thread then went on to imply that you could 'beam' over a jumpdrive and e-cells and command it to jump to the sector where you wanted to place it, but it had to be tractored over to its desired position. At one point a mod pointed out that having an M2 on patrol might be a better (simpler) option.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Laser Tower available at 'Oceans of Fantasy' (perhaps near the Nevada sector???), none in stock at my visit, but they can be purchased there.

:d

Charter Member 2011

Which ship is this?

Hey all... Is that one of our ships (from X3) that Ickie has used for the top banner beside Merry Christmas? I believe it is, but I'm not sure which...

Retired SOH Administrator
    Hey all... Is that one of our ships (from X3) that Ickie has used for the top banner beside Merry Christmas? I believe it is, but I'm not sure which...
    Yes Yank... That's our very own Nemesis

:ernae: :ernae: :ernae:

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]