fs2004 catching up to fsx fast.

Thread: fs2004 catching up to fsx fast.

Crashwoody1

fs2004 catching up to fsx fast.

You know I love both sims, but over that last week I have been up dateing my fs2004 to a newer more up to date installation with new scenery up dates and night textures and now toaday I just bought the new Water up grade for fs2004.
    The addons I used were the following:

Ground Environment Pro
    FS2004-Flight1_Flight_Environment
    Zinertek - Ultimate Night Environment Professional
    Zinertek - Ultimate Water Advanced (FS9 Only)

And I picked up a few new planes along the way to keep me interested.

I have to say that very soon, it will be hard to say what one is better. Fs2004 with all the right mods performs faster looks as good and you can build Fs2004 supported with unbelievable quality in the mods, whether aircraft or scenery. It comes down to preferances now. Soon some one will build new moduals for fs2004 that will alow animal herd movement and all of the other new dynamic stuff the new engine in fsx can produce.
    Its just a matter of time. With the majority of flight simers still in fs2004 with no inkling to move over to fsx. no activation makes it more appealing as well. I think fs2004 will be here forever.. it seems to be gaining steam more now then ever.

Here is a nice shot of my Capysim 707 over my new water installation!

Crashwoody

Charter Member 2011
    Agree 100% although I've never felt there was any catchup to be done - the sims cater to different simmers, and are just, well, different.

Since you have both FE and Zinertek, how about some comparative screens in this thread:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=21555

Hey Crashwoody,

How do you like the Zinertek Night environment? I've been eyeing it up....

Being that as it may, this forum attracts only 20% of the quantity of visitors the FSX forum has...

Cees

Charter Member 2011
    Yeah...we have long ago sorted out the issues and generally don't have to spend all our time discussing what fixes work best! :d
    Of course, if that's your thing, it can be fun: tweak tweak tinker tinker...I have a mate who has an ocean-going speedboat that has never left its trailer, on the same basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashwoody1 View Post
    Soon some one will build new moduals for fs2004 that will alow animal herd movement and all of the other new dynamic stuff the new engine in fsx can produce.
    Do we really feel the necessity of having elephants and giraffes under FS9? What for? Or ghost birds that could NEVER generate a bird-strike? Why? Or even (the peak of realism) funky see-though spirals in the sky depicting thermals? :isadizzy:

Thanks but no thanks. We users of FS9 want a flight simulator, not a videogame. :ernae:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
    Do we really feel the necessity of having elephants and giraffes under FS9? What for? Or ghost birds that could NEVER generate a bird-strike? Why? Or even (the peak of realism) funky see-though spirals in the sky depicting thermals? :isadizzy:

Thanks but no thanks. We users of FS9 want a flight simulator, not a videogame. :ernae:

Oh c'mon. You mean to tell me you dont like elephants in a flight simulator???

arrghh... :isadizzy: lol..

I did finally see them a couple of months ago. I did a Mission where I am at an African game park, reporting in on a lost baby elephant, directing a Land Rover to the site. The African village was stunning, and the elephants were pretty realistic.

But... well... FS9 runs glass smooth and fast, and thats where I fall to is what runs best.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
    Or ghost birds that could NEVER generate a bird-strike? Why?
    I have an FS9 package of AI Geese, can't remember where I got it from, but it'll sure inflict some damage. I recall messing with the FM so they didn't outrun my Cessna, they were like hot-rod Xmas dinners!!

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    I have an FS9 package of AI Geese, can't remember where I got it from, but it'll sure inflict some damage. I recall messing with the FM so they didn't outrun my Cessna, they were like hot-rod Xmas dinners!!

Jamie

Cees

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post

Jamie
    lololol.....

attacking geese AI that do over 200 knots, ramming your plane and inflicting damage! Goodness... FSX doesnt have such adventure! :d
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Grumman Geese and Martinsyde Elephants?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

The annoying thing about the Geese is that they use ATC, but at least they can be referred to as 'Goose' (thanks to Grumman). Whatever next?!?

They are hard to spot if you fly without labels on.

What would be cool would be Napalm Bats like those that were trialled in WWII (or suicide dogs, too far I think!!)

Jamie

I bought FSX for 4 reasons, The new Nimitz carriers, All of Piglet's FSX native aircraft, Henry William's FSX repaints, and the FTX Australian sceneries.

FS9 still loads quicker, runs better, looks better for the most part, and I can usually run it with most of the sliders maxed.

So I may have dabbled in the "Dark Side", for me FS9 is still the best Flight Simulator out there.

Mike

Crashwoody1
    To answere a few questions.
    Yes the night scenery addon is awesome to say the very least, good option. I thing addons in wild life would add more realism to the flight sim, I mean animals do crazy stuff when your in a airplane like run across the air field fly into the engines..lol

Been working on porting over Fsx senery over to fs9. I have had some success and some not so successfull moves. It would take alot of time but it looks like the port over can be done. It dose require some conversions. I will plug away on this and see where it goes. I have installed a separate fs9 just to that..

Any ways haveing fun here. But must get back to my new project.

Oh by the way this is a game, if you want a real flight simulator they cost about 3 million dollars...USD.

Tom