Epic LT; Generation 2; Released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic LT; Generation 2; Released

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Epic LT; Generation 2; Released

Hey all,

We have been working on this for quite a while now. The Epic LT has been refitted with the newest 2nd Generation Garmins, and we have been developing a new Autopilot system, (actually redoing the older version) to the more detailed, more radical TruTrak AP system. This thing is amazing. It has a female voice with 25 different annunciation calls, it can fly a NAV track heading up a VOR radial like it was a Glide Slope beam. It has a VNAV system that can bring you in to the Altitude you want, at the distance you want. The screen on the AP now has tons of multi-displays (in the little LCD screen) that show you the various systems in the AP that are running.

Its wild..

If you have problems with the sophistication of the present Epic glass panel system, if you do not read manuals, if you already have issues with the present Epic LT TruTrak AP system, then do not get this update. You will need to read the manual to see how the basics of the sytems work in the new AP. You will need to take an hour or two to get used to flying the new AP system. The voice system will at first freak you out, but you get used to her voice. (This is the actual voice from the factory. They were kind enough to provide the WAV files for it).

I have written a Blog on this update pack that goes into details on all the new features.

This is an upgrade, not an update. There are new systems in this, new features, sound systems with clicks, voice system, a built in XM Satellite Radio system with 7 song tracks that you can change to your own music.

This is free to those that have already purchased the Epic LT. The price remains the same, no increase. The file is not uploaded to PCAviator yet. The PayPal and Flight1 files are now up, online, ready for reloads. SimMarket was given the file yesterday and were to have a sale on it today, but I havent seen that come to pass, so I do not know when the SM version will appear. Hopefully by Monday at least.

Note that the model itself hasnt changed, only the systems. The buttons, panel, avionics, have changed, but the rest of the plane is pretty much as it was. I did adjust the Beta (turbine spool up time) to be less for those that were having issues taxiing the Epic.

Thanks to Dwight Furleigh for his amazing, inventive, creative gauge code writing capabilities for making such advancements possible in Virtual flying! He deserves an award for this!

Happy flying!

Bill

NOTE: Below are some excerpts from the revised Epic LT Manual PDF file. They show the basics of the TruTrak system.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

One of my favorite FSX aircraft just got better!!! It may be time to break out the paint kit again and do a celebratory paint.

MCDesigns
    :ernae::ernae:

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Woot:ernae::ernae::ernae: thank you lionheart for the Notam. Gonna be a frisky night hunting Bill with the NOAA Epic.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

SOH-CM-2014
    I forgot to post the info Blog on this new version release;

http://web.me.com/william_ortis/Lion...ionics!!!.html

This will ansere any questions you might have. The Manual has been updated, but I may go through it and edit some more things.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    Here are a couple of basic tips on the new AP system.

When you go to turn on the AP, you now use the Auto Pilot rocker at the bottom of the panel, left of the control yoke. This is the 'actual' location and way the system works. When you power up the TruTrak or TT, the screen turns on (small LCD screen).

When you click on the AP button on the face of the TT, you turn on 'Wing Levelor mode'. This is an actual feature. Great for when you are airborne and need to set up your AP for the flight details, (alt, heading, etc).

The voice system tells you things, like 'GPS Online, GPS Offline, 1,000 feet from assigned altitude, on assigned heading', etc, etc.

NAV mode button is totally different now. This feature actually tracks a 'RADIAL' VOR beam. This does not go directly to a VOR station anymore. Thus, you turn on the AP, click NAV, enter your desired VOR radial heading, click ENTER, (center of rotating dial), and your plane turns into an intercept course (40 degrees from heading), and intercepts the VOR radial beam, turns into it, and rides the beam to the waypoint. The voice system should tell you when you achieve the waypoint heading.

VNAV is wild. It calculates your distance and altitude change. For instance, if you are coming into a STAR or other controlled area, and need to drop to 3,000 feet in 5NM, you click VNAV, dial in 3,000 feet, click ENTER, dial in 5NM, click ENTER, and your plane begins a calculated descent that will put you at that altitude at that distance.

GPSS is now called GPS Steering, and runs a preset Flight Plan. You only need to have the AP powered up, and click on GPSS and the plane will aquire the proper course. The voice system will also keep you informed on whats going on.

GPSV is the glideslope system. This is massively improved and tuned to land the plane (under normal conditions) minus management of the engine and speed, and landing gear. When you enter your ILS Freq and CRS Rwy heading, and you are near the beam location (not too high), you click on GPSV and the plane will intercept the beam, then state it has the LOC aquired, and deploys flaps one notch and starts bringing the bird in.

You have short cut keys as well. Clicking ALT locks your altitude setting. Clicking HDG will lock your heading as well. To enter a new heading, click TRK and dial in your heading course with the dial, then click ENTER and your plane will then turn into the heading.

To change altitude, click SEL, dial in the new altitude, click ENTER, the plane begins her ascent/descent. The voice system will say either 'Trim up' or Trim down' which means basically it is trimming up or down for the VS change. A symbol appears in the AP window that is like a trim dial. That disappears when its at proper assigned altitude. The voice call will occur as well, and the SEL light goes out, and the ALT light goes on.

As like the older unit, to change the steep ascent descent of the stock 2500 feet, simply click the VS rocker button on the right side of the AP. Note that the Epic is designed to climb faster then 2500 feet. The craft is designed to fly at a phenomenal climbout to get to FL 28,000 feet in as little of time as possible. This is a high speed elevator ride. The test pilot for Epic stated he usually climbs out at either 3200 FPM (I think its more then that), or at 178 knots. If you fall under 178 knots, lower the nose a bit.

If you guys have any questions on running the new system, let me know.

Known bugs;

* Oil pressure reading high
    * VNAV doesnt work on 'some' FS9 installations. Not known why. Works on most.
    * Fuel Range is not quite 1200 miles.
    * Possible crash if you select MAP (MFD GPS Map Mode 'On' selection), if you select it 'late' in a flight. To keep this from possibly happening, select the MAP button at least once before taking off or early in a flight, then you can turn it right back off again. This only seems to happen in FS9.

Bill

JamesChams
    Thank you very much, Mr. William "Bill" Ortis (Lionheart)!
    Been wanting this update for a while now.

Hi Bill,

I have trouble downloading exe file, Nod32 block it at 99.9%, disable Nod32 didn't help either. Please advice. Thanks!

~ Charles

Thanks Bill. You do good work. Really enjoy your planes.

Ed

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cko1 View Post
    Hi Bill,

I have trouble downloading exe file, Nod32 block it at 99.9%, disable Nod32 didn't help either. Please advice. Thanks!

~ Charles

Hey Charles,

I have no idea what that means, but if its based on internet download traffic, then you might wish to try downloading it a little later. There might be excessive traffic. Please let me know how it goes. (Perhaps try in another hour).

Bill,

I can download file just fine until download reached 99% then NOD32 quarantine the file due to the file is "a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida application". I encountered this problem before and it can be solved by disable NOD32 protection, but not this time. Please advice. Thanks!

~ Charles

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Charles,

ahh.. So it has what your system is reporting to be a Virus?

I hate it when that happens. There, of course, should be no virus in there. I do not know what to tell you on how to get it onto your system. Perhaps someone else can chime in..

EDIT: I did run a virus check on it, nothing bad shows up. This happened to iTunes 2 weeks ago, lol.. That was horrible to experience if you have an iPhone or iPod..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    There is a missing file in the package. My humble apologies. We didnt catch it because the Tailwind placed the file in the sim already.

The file is called GaugeSound.dll.

I am recompiling the installers presently, and have shut down the download links until its proper and running right. I will post a link to the DLL file in just a moment for those that have downloaded the package already and have no voice system.

:smacks self:

Bill

JamesChams
    Mr. Willian "Bill" Ortiz,

Well, I downloaded and installed it earlier (v1.7/2Gen); will I have to do that again or can you just post the missing file?

EDIT: Well, I'm redownloading now ... Thanks!

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey James,

The download is here;
    http://lionheartworld.net/schloss/GaugeSound.dll

Bill
    LHC

JamesChams
    Thanks Mr. Willian "Bill" Ortiz!

Retired SOH Administrator
    Congratulations Lionheart! Is this available in FS9?

Eli

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drake
    Thanks Bill! Can't wait to try it. I'm glad I reorganized my emails. I found my paypal reciept right away this time. LOL!

Thanks for the update! Really great service
    I just noticed that the panel.cfgs for the normal panel and the widescreen version are differently. I did use the gauges of the normal panel version (e.g. FBGS_XMLSound!FBGS_XMLSound, or LHC_PFD!ALT_stby etc.).

For older repaints, i copied the Epic_Interior4_t.dds and the Epic_Interior4_L.dds into each folder, because i think that these are the only textures which have changed. But i'm not totally sure.

Thanks again for your work!

FS9 Epic LT

What an accomplishment my friend!! Thank you very much. I posted here as there isn't any Epic announcement in the FS2004 forum. Did a flight from my home in KBLI to Portland Hillsborough and it performed awesomely. Heading on the San Jose right now! The hell with going to bed. The only thing I've found is the prop hub is Grey with no shine. I installed Banana Bob's prop for it and got the same grey prop hub. Is there a texture missing?

Any way it is a real joy to have aircraft that the developer continues to make better, just as a gift! Eaglesoft and Digital are the only other ones I know of that do that. Thank you again.

:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    There is a missing file in the package. My humble apologies. We didnt catch it because the Tailwind placed the file in the sim already.

The file is called GaugeSound.dll.

I am recompiling the installers presently, and have shut down the download links until its proper and running right. I will post a link to the DLL file in just a moment for those that have downloaded the package already and have no voice system.

:smacks self:

Bill
    Hey, Bill...I'm a bit dense here...where does this GaugeSound.dll go after I've downloaded it? Thanks for a great bird that just got better!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RudiJG1 View Post
    Hey, Bill...I'm a bit dense here...where does this GaugeSound.dll go after I've downloaded it? Thanks for a great bird that just got better!
    Just drop that in your main Flight Simulator folder.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmouse View Post
    The only thing I've found is the prop hub is Grey with no shine. I installed Banana Bob's prop for it and got the same grey prop hub. Is there a texture missing?

:ernae:

Hey JPM,

This occurs at night with chrome on the Epic (and all the other LHC planes). I havent found out why this occurs on chrome at night. Looks horrible. This occurs in FS2004 as well.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    I have had 2 reports of people not hearing voices. While this is a good thing from a psycological point of view (heh heh), this could be a possible issue for more people.

If anyone does not hear the girls voice when the Autopilot is 'on', please let me know.

Also, for some odd reason, the tail nav light is not showing in FSX. The odd thing is that all the effects are there, so it should be functioning properly. For the side nav lights, (wings), some report they see nothing there, but they are there. They are a new texture set (effects) and are smaller then the stock FS textures, but are slightly submerged into the plexi wingtip covers. This might cause them to be invisible on some computers. What you should see are the rays coming out of the plexi.

Bill

It's working great on my system. Love the autopilot call-outs. Nothing beats the soft woman's voice telling me how things are running:ernae:. New autopilot seems like a wicked piece of technology, I have to read the docs about it:isadizzy:. BTW I also have nod32 antivir, but no virus warnings here.

Here's also my first Epic paint, "Epic Mustang Edition"