'Chopper'

Thread: 'Chopper'

Charter Member 2011
    a quite bike .. i really hope that idea catches on, batterys or not, i just want quite bikes!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post

Interesting!

Naw... I think Hopper would much prefer the custom '56 Panhead he rode in Easy Rider...

I think I'd pass on this too... I think loud Harley's get people's attention, and they know you're there. I wish I still had my old '47 Knucklehead! It was loud! :ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

That was on a recent episode of Top Gear...next time a millionaire is bored and needs something to do with their money, just donate it to me instead of creating such an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskid View Post

I think I'd pass on this too... I think loud Harley's get people's attention, and they know you're there. I wish I still had my old '47 Knucklehead! It was loud! :ernae:

to depend on the noise of the pipes is foolish. there isn't one single reputable study to support them. at hiway speeds no one in front of you can hear those pipes. the people behind you can already see you. i've got plenty of road time on a bike and i know that lane positioning, and situational awareness go alot further towards my personal safety than any other factor. loud pipes are only a selfish invasion of someone else's personal space. 99% of the guys with the cobra drag pipes don't even jet the carbs, they run lean and the pipes turn blue. and those are the guys with the floppy wrist syndrome. modern motorcycles run just fine at idle without having to goose the throttle. loud pipes don't do anything but get on peoples nerves.

Happiness Consultant
    I'm sorry but the terminology on this is all wrong ... a "car" the size of a motorcycle is no where near a "full sized" vehicle ...

Well at least here in the states where "full sized" means you can seat 6 people comfortably in a car ...

"Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted