New Here - Want to Test CFS3 Multiplayer

Thread: New Here - Want to Test CFS3 Multiplayer

ApacheC424

New Here - Want to Test CFS3 Multiplayer

Hi, I am new to this forum. I was looking on google for a fix for CFS3 multiplayer for vista, which led me here. I looked around and noticed that PEOPLE STILL PLAY CFS3 MULTIPLAYER which makes me extremely happy, as I have been trying to find people that still play CFS3 at all.

I have aquired alot of add-ons from AvHistory.org including a few lancasters, B17s, F4U Corsair, F4F, F6F, TBF Avenger, SBD Dauntless and from another site I aquired a B29 with Atomic bombs. I also have a repaint on my P-51 (Ferocious Frankee) and Gattling Guns that I added to my FW190A8 (testing them out after trying to find some modern jets to fly).

I'd like to test CFS3 online, and other then the add-ons mentioned and some missions I created, my CFS3 is stock. I am running on Vista, and tested the connection to my other computers using my external IP. I have CFS3 Version 3.1A (Updated + Patch for B25).

If anyone could help me try out CFS3 online, it would be much appreciated. If you are all using alot of add-ons, sorry, for now I'll host with stock aircraft, but if you could refer me to where to get these add-ons, it would be much appreciated. If anyone can help, I'll post my IP when ready (My ISP uses dynamic, so it could change between now and when I host the match).

Thanks, apache.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheC424 View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum. I was looking on google for a fix for CFS3 multiplayer for vista, which led me here. I looked around and noticed that PEOPLE STILL PLAY CFS3 MULTIPLAYER which makes me extremely happy, as I have been trying to find people that still play CFS3 at all.

I have aquired alot of add-ons from AvHistory.org including a few lancasters, B17s, F4U Corsair, F4F, F6F, TBF Avenger, SBD Dauntless and from another site I aquired a B29 with Atomic bombs. I also have a repaint on my P-51 (Ferocious Frankee) and Gattling Guns that I added to my FW190A8 (testing them out after trying to find some modern jets to fly).

I'd like to test CFS3 online, and other then the add-ons mentioned and some missions I created, my CFS3 is stock. I am running on Vista, and tested the connection to my other computers using my external IP. I have CFS3 Version 3.1A (Updated + Patch for B25).

If anyone could help me try out CFS3 online, it would be much appreciated. If you are all using alot of add-ons, sorry, for now I'll host with stock aircraft, but if you could refer me to where to get these add-ons, it would be much appreciated. If anyone can help, I'll post my IP when ready (My ISP uses dynamic, so it could change between now and when I host the match).

Thanks, apache.
    ApacheC424, there is no MS GameMatch server anymore, so IP-to-IP games is the only way to go now.

If you're running Vista, you need to read Post #1 in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ead.php?t=9007 Do exactly what Deadmeat1971 says to do.

Also, if you want to fly in IP-to-IP games, you have to have the exact same planes that the Host has selected, or you will get a mismatch and won't be able to join.

You must also have CFS3 fully patched with Updates 3.1 and 3.1a in order to play online.

Good luck and welcome aboard.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

ApacheC424
    Yea, I read about the GameMatch server when I got the updates. I have fully updated to V3.1A and have a site to check my dynamic IP.

Just have to test it out when I can, I have gotten my two computers on my network to be able to connect, even using the external IP.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheC424 View Post
    Yea, I read about the GameMatch server when I got the updates. I have fully updated to V3.1A and have a site to check my dynamic IP.

Just have to test it out when I can, I have gotten my two computers on my network to be able to connect, even using the external IP.
    ApacheC424, try joining a game first to see if the game is viable with the Vista mod.

Start CFS3, got to the Multiplayer tab, click on Join Private Game, type in the IP, and then click on OK.

In order to host, you need to open your router ports (port forwarding). Once you get that sorted out, start CFS3 up, go to the Multiplayer tab again, click on Host Game, set everything up the way you want it, then click start game. Make sure that "Publish my game in the CFS3 GameMatch directory." is not checked.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

ApacheC424
    Well got some flying in tonight. First time in, first thing I do is steal a kill, lol. Got a few other kills, but for my first time against another person (other then a pirvate match against my friend who never played CFS3 before then) I died as many times as I thought I would - every 5 seconds, lol.

Going to try hosting soon, got to get off CFS3, stuff to do tomorrow, set up new HDTV, get ready for vacation (Tuesday-Sunday) and what not.
    Hopefully I'll find time to host it tomorrow, I'll also pop another TS server up for CFS3.

ApacheC424
    Downloading ETO overnight, cant get the Firepower Update (wish I had Firepower, but I don't), 2 more kills in the match. Can't settle on a plane yet. Spitfire, Tempest & P47 seem to be my better aircraft.