Freeware Gems - Page 8
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeware Gems

Another hard-to-find scenery is Westsim's YMUL,Murrayfield

Since Westsim.au closed their site it can only be found at http://www.ausflightsim.net/
    you'll have to register etc. to get d/loads

(screenies to follow)

ttfn

Pete

Westsim's Murrayfield screenies

Attachment 11582

Attachment 11583

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Sid2008 View Post
    Please check out the Vought-Sikorsky flying boat with full VC and cabin and with beaching gear available on simviation. It has the livery of Avalon Air Transport, that used to ferry passengers in California.

Beautiful freeware. Don't miss it.
    Don't suppose you have a link to it?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    OK, back to some older scenery,for those that like a little enhancement to
    'bush' airstrips, go here -----> http://www.timberwolfaviation.com/downloads/index.php
    and search out those sceneries by 'Frank Betts'

Franks' own site closed down maybe 2/3 yrs ago, and though the pages are archived in the 'wayback machine'
    you won't find the d/loads there,and even the timberwolf site is starting to lose files, so I'd say grab what you can before its' gone.

This is his 'Bronson Creek' (CAB5) enhancement

Attachment 11473

ttfn

Pete
    I see some of Tom Fica's stuff is there also. He has his own site as well.
    http://www.geocities.com/tcfica/index.html

I wouldn't be without Tom's, Chekok Lake or Merrill Pass.
    Brent aka "dogknot"

See my post under Newest Fave Biplane. That really belongs here. Enjoy.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

One which is not mentioned yet is the Mig 29 Fulcrum by Eduardo Fadul. The package can be found at Simviation (FS2004 Military page 58). The package includes 7 models and 9 differrent textures.
    There are many additional textures available for this model, including one spectacular "Fulcrum farewell" texture from the German Luftwaffe.

The Aermacchi MB326H package by David Friswell, Garry Smith and Warwick Carter should not be forgotten as well. Nice Italian small jet, which is available at Simviation (FS2004 Military page 92).

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    One which is not mentioned yet is the Mig 29 Fulcrum by Eduardo Fadul. The package can be found at Simviation (FS2004 Military page 58). The package includes 7 models and 9 differrent textures.
    There are many additional textures available for this model, including one spectavular "Fulcrum farewell" texture from the German Luftwaffe.

The Aermacchi MB326H package by David Friswell, Garry Smith and Warwick Carter should not be forgotten as well. Nice Italian small jet, which is available at Simviation (FS2004 Military page 77).

Huub
    yep this jet and also Dinos Frecce Tricolori MB339PAN and of Course all creations by Massimo Taccoli especially his Canadair Cl-215 and Cl-415 waterbombers

BR
    Tom

Lets not forget the great 1940 Porterfield-Collegiate by Steven D.Meyers. A very nice re-creation from a great modeler. I hope some day he returns to us all.

http://www.fsdownload.com/modules.ph...atingA&show=10

And the update

http://www.fswarbirds.com/downloads/...p?FileID=14738

SOH-CM-2019
    I'd like to nominate this little gem.

Shigeru Tanaka's "Stits Sky Baby"
    At one time the worlds smallest biplane
    It was originally released back in 2003 for FS2002 and updated for FS2004
    It is a compact and spirited little guy and a lot of fun to fly.
    This airplane must be one of the ultimate homebuilts and would certainly be exciting to fly in real life.
    The textures are good and the VC is perfectly usable.
    It feels quite highly wing loaded (not a huge surprise looking at it) and has very short control movement arms but it cruises quite nicely at a decient pace.
    I have had a ball in it recently since rediscovering it after reading this thread and thinking back on some of the gems of the past.

I am using the texture from Shigeru's original FS2002 release with the config, airfile and sounds from his FS2004 Gold edition update because I prefer the original texture.

You can download both files from flightsim.com.
    File names are stskybb.zip for the original FS2002 version and stskybg.zip for the FS2004 update.

Although it is not more than a leaked beta, it is one of the nicest vintage racers I know. It has some errors, but when you dan't start searching for them you won't notice them.

The Caudron 450 and 460 by the Restauravia team

Tha file name is 13675_Caudrons_450__460.zip and you should look for it at Avsim.ru

Huub

Boeing Stearman Model 75 Duster and Sprayer package

FS2004 Stearman Model 75 Duster and Sprayer Package. Boeing Stearman Model 75 Duster and Sprayer. A four-airplane package for FS2004 that represents a 10-year history of one ag-plane from 1955 to 1965. Features four highly detailed models with fully animated parts, detailed and animated pilot figure, visual effects, complex virtual cockpit with clickable controls, custom gauges, and engine damage modeling. Each model has accurate flight dynamics, with realistic stalls, high drag slips, and spins with autorotation. This package also includes as scenery an ag-operations hangar, and dirt airstrip. By Robert Sanderson. 30.2MB

Scroll down a little once you get to the page

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004vintage49.htm

I may have missed it, but what about Lionhearts Bugatti Adventures. Supreme attention to detail. Check out those engines. The only aircraft I was able to flat spin and recover. Did that a few times just for fun. Beyond words.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

And speaking of Lionheart:

Flightsim.com. Do a search for Lionheart. Get his 7 plane series of Fairchild F24s and his Cessna AW series (the very first planes to roll out of the Cessna Aircraft Company).

While there, do a search for James Hefner and grab his series of early Fairchilds.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't think anyone's mentioned a fun scenery add-on for Ravalli. MT oriented to helicopter flying. The file is 2nd AG Advanced Training Base by LBMartin 2005, Version 3.0 (v2.0 + Playground), file name 2ndag_ravalli_6s5.zip.
    It offers a variety of challenging helipads in all locations, a signed low-level practice riverbed that is lots of fun to fly, and some missions. Toss in some other great free scenery of hospitals, mountain cabins and look-out towers and the area is one big awsome playground.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Another maker who deserves mention in this thread: J.E.Narcizo

This fella has produced a good number of aircraft over the years. His Piper PA-11 Cub Special and Piper P-18 Super Cub series are well worth having. His PA-18 Super Cub V3 package will give you standard wheeled version and a tundra wheeled variants and his older PA-18 Super Cub Float, while lacking a detailed VC, is still well worth having. I was just flying the Super Cub Float Plane in Norway...some beautiful lakes to fly over in that nation.

Go to Flightsim.com, do a search for J.E.Narcizo and scroll through several pages of his planes and repaints for them.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are many additional textures available for this model, including one spectacular "Fulcrum farewell" texture from the German Luftwaffe.

The Aermacchi MB326H package by David Friswell, Garry Smith and Warwick Carter should not be forgotten as well. Nice Italian small jet, which is available at Simviation (FS2004 Military page 92).

Huub
    Speaking of Eduardo Fadul, his Mirage V, IAI Kfir C2/C7 packages are impressive. All available from flightsim.com

Kfir C2 kfir2ef.zip
    Kfir C7 kfir7ef.zip
    Mirage V mir5ef.zip

Guys --

Just had a funeral at church and am getting ready to do youth choir in a few minutes, BUT this thread has been one of the best in recent memory. It's so much fun to see what people like to fly! As for me, I have a fond spot for old heavy iron, so I really like:
    DC-4s (both Arik Hohmeyer's and Jens Kristensen's are fine -- Arik's are great for FS2002);
    Rick Piper's Vickers Viscounts;
    CalClassic's DC-6Bs;
    and when I get in the mood to fly jets:
    TU-104 (seems as if the site is www.tu104.ru);
    Canberras from Bill Holker (classic british files)
    T-38 from Owen Hewitt

Thanks, guys! GREAT THREAD!

Marc Burcham
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

lets not forget Rick Pipers contributions, especially the old Chippy on the chippy note i'm making a paintkit for it will make a new thread shortly detailing how it looks, why it looks that way and how to do it, a bit of insider knowledge on the paint front

Has this one been mentioned? The Gere Sport Biplane by Dan Cowan. Been cruising the Alaskan autumn in this one. Not the best visibilty when landing (VC), but easy once you get the hang of it.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

The Gere Sport Biplane, I have this one already installed. The light positions needed a bit of adjusting on mine.

Here's the new settings if the lights are WAY off the fusalage.

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 7, 0.9302631, -9.53, 2.8, fx_navred
    light.1 = 3, 0.9302631, 9.54, 2.8, fx_navgre
    light.2 = 2, 1, 0, -1, fx_strobe
    light.3 = 1, -10.7, 0, 3.02, fx_beacon
    light.4 = 4, -2.99, 0, 1.84, fx_vclight

Thank you OleBoy. Will redo immediatetly!!!!!!!
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

I just spent the pm having a blast with Piglets Meyers 200D

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I just spent the pm having a blast with Piglets Meyers 200D
    A very excellent addon, but I thought it existed only in FSX format ?
    When did Piglet make the FS9 version ?

Huub
    I was using a Fulcrum back in the FS9 days, but I don't remember who did it. Does this one have a virtual cockpit ? How does it look ?
    EDIT: here is the only screenshot I still have of this plane, perhaps it is the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    lets not forget Rick Pipers contributions, especially the old Chippy...
    Second that!
    She's soooo cute, and the VC is simply awesome.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation FS2004 DeHavilland Chipmunk
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: chpmnk04.zip Size: 17,401,384 Date: 07-31-2004 Downloads: 20,055
    FS2004 DeHavilland Chipmunk. T10, Mk20, Mk30 models included. Includes model, panel, sounds, manual, check and reference lists. Model, FDE and textures by Rick Piper. Panel by Dave Booker, Saverio Maurri and David Maltby This file contains Dh Gipsy Major sounds by Mike Hambly. (See also CHIPMK12.ZIP)

Too bad that Tim-HH already did the Lufthansa version...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]