Freeware Gems - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeware Gems

SOH-CM-2024
    Hey guys, don't think AvSim has Gnoopy's files back up yet?

But look no further than your friendly neighborhood outhouse:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...adName=Gnoopey

Great post Tom, I, just getting back up and checking on stuff I have missed. Most all are backed up on CDs or an external HD.

Caz

Charter Member 2016
    MILTON SHUPE
    flightsimonline.com
    Dash 7
    Commander Series

Howard 500

Beech 18
    [img]http://www.flightsimonline.com/d18s/Image428.jpg[img]
    Spartan Executive

Invader

Grizzly
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

One great scenery comes from Russia: the UNNT scenery by the Tolmachevo Team... a really great scenery (one of the best IMO and I'm talking about both freeware and payware sceneries)
    The only bad thing is it's really far from other places...
    You can find this scenery at avsim.com and avsim.ru (the last updates for this scenery are on the russian site but don't worry there is an english translator there, I don't speak russian at all but managed to get this scenery there...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Hey guys, don't think AvSim has Gnoopy's files back up yet?

But look no further than your friendly neighborhood outhouse:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...adName=Gnoopey

Great post Tom, I, just getting back up and checking on stuff I have missed. Most all are backed up on CDs or an external HD.

Caz
    Last I checked, the stuff I found searching for "Tom Kohler" was now working correctly on AvSim.

I used to think I'd seen all of the good stuff at one point or another, and this thread's really proven me wrong!:isadizzy:
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

How about a nice French GA plane,

the Robin DR221
    from here ----> http://www.libertysim.net/forum/view...hp?f=23&t=8824
    (pictures in the thread), by the same team as did the C150, franck/fravin

or the Piel Emeraude, by Gilles Faulmeyer at Avsim

File Description:
    The Piel CP301 "EMERAUDE".
    Filename:emeraude-fs9.zipLicense:FreewareAdded:4th April 2006Downloads:4834Author:gilles faulmeyerSize:3207kb

or a vintage Morane-Saulnier MS 317 from ----->

http://www.classicwings.net/freeplan...ne/morane.html

ttfn

Pete

I just thought of another one - the C206 Stationair.

Original file:
    http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm...e=c206paal.zip

A couple of possible mods:
    http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...CatID=fs2004ac

The cans of "refreshment" in the right seat are wrapped by a portion of one of the texture files. I used to have a revised copy that had a case of beer instead of cola!:isadizzy:
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Ok, here's a couple of older freebies from Carenado,no less

http://www.carenado.com/html/freeairplanes.php3

Cessna 152 and Piper Tomahawk , not really Fs9 planes, (invisible propellors) they do make mighty fine flyable/AI planes if you're strapped for cash and want to sample the Carenado experience

and go here ---> http://www.fsnordic.net/Files

under 'Military Aircraft' and then 'Finland'... to get this one..which also works in Fs9

Valmet L-70 Vinka 12-Jun-2003 Design: M.Maliniemi, K.Virtanen, J.Siirilä, A.Swindle
    Version: 2.0
    Description: Includes panel and sounds. This aircraft contains spin and yaw/slip capability exclusively developed and copyrighted by RealAir Simulations. This data is included in the Vinka package with kind permission of RealAir.
    For FS2002

(23,9 MB) 13299 downloads

And here's another scenery, Mark Smith's KPWT, Bremerton, (this was at Avsim until Mr Smith fell out with
    one of the Avsim staff...long time ago...so don't ask why..) be sure to also get the update.

http://www.fsaddon.com/products/prod...oads_other.htm

Pete

SlamBam
    how about these?

Evektor EV97 Eurostar Update package 13-Jan-2008 Design: Oskari Syynimaa, Hans Pålsson
    Version: 1.1
    Description: This package updates the EV97 Eurostar to version 1.1, including a number of fixes and a new paintscheme, OH-U402.
    For FS2004/FSX SP1/SP2

[ Download ] (4,7 MB) 2423 downloads

Evektor EV97 Eurostar OK-LUR07 26-Dec-2007 Design: Stano Novak
    Version: 1.0
    Description: Repaint of the czech Evektor-Aerotechnik EV-97 Eurostar OK-LUR07 in red color. Textures only, requires original aircraft from here.
    For FS2004, FSX

[ Download ] (1,7 MB) 793 downloads

Evektor EV97 Eurostar 13-Jan-2008 Design: Oskari Syynimaa, Hans Pålsson
    Version: 1.0
    Description: Project EV97 proudly present the Evektor EV97 Eurostar - a complete package with custom sound and gauges, 2D panels & virtual cockpit. This release includes one version modeled on OH-U507, and also a Basic-T panel version. The aircraft is built for FS2004, but is fully compatible with FSX (SP1).
    For FS2004, FSX SP1

Are those available anywhere else besides FSNordic?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Anyone into Naval Aviation should not overlook Rick Sasala's collection. The only bird of his that has been superseded in freeware is the P-3 the rest are still able to hold their own.

http://www.flightinfo.jp/FS_KBT/GMAXAircraft.htm

There's also a load of repaints for the A-6 and EA-6 models.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

strikehawk

Thanks for mentioning Rick Sasala's work.....I did not know that he had produced such an extensive collectiion of US Navy jet aircraft. I have his EA-6, but have not checked out the rest of his works...will have to dig around and find them.....the site you gave the link to has broken links when trying to download the planes.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    strikehawk

Thanks for mentioning Rick Sasala's work.....I did not know that he had produced such an extensive collectiion of US Navy jet aircraft. I have his EA-6, but have not checked out the rest of his works...will have to dig around and find them.....the site you gave the link to has broken links when trying to download the planes.

OBIO
    Just do a search at Flightsim.com, which will get you the originals, a few updates and absolutely oodles of lovely repaints, especially for the A-6 and E-2C.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    strikehawk

OBIO
    Sorry about that, should have checked them before posting but at least the file names are available so a search at Flightsim should be easier.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

DauntlessDriver546
    F-4 Phantoms? I haven't seen that pop up yet. I'm a Phantom maniac... that and the Scooter... I'll look for both. A-4 Skyhawk is the real name for the Scooter...

DauntlessDriver

Ito has a freeware F-4 out...no VC. There are F-4s with VCs, but they are payware.

I have the best of both worlds...sort of. I have a series of F-4s, with VCs, that are freeware. The downside is that they are older Alpha Sim models, with no shine, very very basic VCs.

While not superb, they are good enough for me for now....until that day someone makes an F-4 with a VC or I suddenly get rich enough to get the payware versions.

A-4s. Again Ito has some A-4s...but no VCs. The AlphaOldies series of A-4s work in FS2004, mostly...

Razbam.org.....go there and check out their A-4 packages. I have Package number 4.....some seriously nice Skyhawks. I got mine during a half-price sale, but even the full price isn't that harsh....$20 per package I think. Just pick the package the offers the models you are really wanting and you are set.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    Eric Dantes' Twin Bonanza may have been mentioned, but I didn't see a screenshot so maybe not.
    Here it is at St Malo (mentioned above by EMatheson).
    Sublime, both.

Wing_Z,

I totally agree that the Twin Bonanza is a must have! I fly it almost as often as I fly Brian Gladden's Beechcraft Volpar...which is A LOT!

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The unbelievable Cessna 150 by FRANCOIS-DENIS GUIDEE & YVES FRANCKART found here
    http://www.fs-tutorials.com/en/down_plane_C150_01.php

the keys even vibrate when the engines running. Maybe the best plane ever done for FS2004

This has been one of my freeware favourites for a long time. It has been in my FS9 hanger, off and on, pretty much since it was first released in 2004. I highly recommend the excellent Antonov An-14 'Little Bee' by Anton Nikolaev. This is a fantastic bush flyer and is available here:

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=78364

"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Anime Adoring Aviator
    I was redownloading the Bill Lyons Waco from Flightsim when I noticed another one I had not seen before. The Golden Age Simulations Waco Taperwing. There is 3 versions in the package.It looks good and it flies at a reasonable speed for a biplane. The landing light is huge. Looks like someone bolted a headlight of his oldtimer under the wings.
    http://www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com...o_mdl_cto.html

It was released in 2006 and even got a Flightsim award but I never noticed it before.

I guess the landing light is for making sure you can see where you're going when you don't quite make it back to that farm strip before dark!

And if you haven't done it yet, move back into the cabin of the Little Bee and click the first aid kit!:isadizzy:
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Here's something to go along with the C206 you found Tom. Both these finds are on Avsim.

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Original Aircraft
    Cessna P-210 Turbo-Normalized Riley

File Description: ZiggyFsims proudly presents another Turbo-normalized GA-Aircraft. Pressurized Six Seat Cessna 210 Riley Rocket Intercooler, Manifold Press. The Engine is a Victor "Black-Edition" up to 310HP. Realistic flightdynamics and model created by Brett Henderson (real live Flight-Instructor). Included are complete new sound package representing the T-normalized spiffed up, customized "Black-Edition" engine from Victor Aviation (situated in Palo Alto, California). And two new repaints with existing tailnumbers, (German and US Riley). Completed with the panel of Horst Peatzold and his roundviews. Easy to install, shows up as seperate airplane under Cessna...

Filename: c210pt.zip
    Author: Siegfried Schaeffer

Also here's something for someone who wants to fly something really old.

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Original Aircraft
    Bleriot 11 R01

File Description: BLERIOT XI ...new release special 96th anniversary of the Channel crossing , for FS2004. New model from the original airplane stored in "Mus�e du Conservatoire des Arts et M�tiers" PARIS. New release of The model , try it !!! and enjoy !!!

Filename: bleriot11_r01.zip
    Author: Jean-Michel Castagne
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Quote Originally Posted by guzzi View Post
    I like the lighter stuff , so:-
    ...Yakovlev Yak-18 by Wolfram Beckert and Nick Schreger. over at flightsim.com
    I just took one more hop with this russian beauty and would like to point out what kind of jewel she is:

For the admirers of radial engines (anyone here who isn't?):
    The unique cowl shutter is animated!

Useless to say that the VC is awesome too:

Quoted from the detailed operating instructions:

Please take the time and read the following carefully. By not following these rules you will not be able to enjoy the aircraft the way it was intended. It might look that the AddPack had only been created to give you a hard time which certainly isn’t the case. The original aircraft is indeed difficult to operate, and it sure does take some time until you will be able to master the procedures. The time spent reading this document is well worth it.
    Don't miss it:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation FS2004 Yakovlev Yak-18T
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: yak-18t.zip Size: 36,676,912 Date: 10-11-2005 Downloads: 7,236
    FS2004 Yakovlev Yak-18T. Includes authentic dynamics, 2D panel with animated propeller, gauges, sound set, custom failure system, four different animated visual models, fully functional and animated virtual cockpit, five different textures. By Alexey Yuzefov, George Sukhykh, Alexander Aphonin, Dmitry Shvetsov, Mike Maarse.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation FS2004 Yakovlev Yak-18t Addpack 2.2
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: yak18a22.zip Size: 2,208,953 Date: 08-15-2006 Downloads: 1,710
    FS2004 Yakovlev Yak-18t Addpack 2.2, for use with YAK-18T.ZIP. Fixes a few small problems in the previous release. The flight model has also been tweaked and new visual effects, lights and sounds have been added. Now includes detailed instructions in English and German plus a cold and dark start-up situation. By Wolfram Beckert and Nick Schreger.

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here are a few jems that I found

Hello everyone,
    Please check out the Premier Aircraft Design website for frreware jems including the new CRJ-100/200 with VC, the Cessna twin 410 (?) with VC, etc.

Believe me, its worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid2008 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Please check out the Premier Aircraft Design website for frreware jems including the new CRJ-100/200 with VC, the Cessna twin 410 (?) with VC, etc.

Believe me, its worth a look.
    Thanks for the H.U., Sid.
    That Turbo Beaver is just superb.

Yes, that site is definitely worth the detour...

Cheers,

Fleurdelys