Freeware Gems - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Freeware Gems

Hi,

I just spot it from my screen

http://www.simteevee.com/watch.php?m...+bear+is+back+!

Thank's for the pic .. great ... and hopefully quiet .. lol

George Diemer's flying boats are all great. Just search for "diemer sikorsky" to find them on Flightsim.com

My favorite is the Inter-Island Airways Sikorsky S-38. It fits right in to Bill Lyon's Golden Hawaii. The file name for this variant is s38molo4.zip

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by claudius24 View Post

and hopefully quiet .. lol
    No. Tu-95 is very noisy...

Another Tupolev aircrafts:
    Tу-104

http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-origina...-91-25499.html

Ту-104Ш (sturman traner aircraft)

http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-paneli-...4sh-25055.html

I have been flying the AN 225 by Tom Ruth (look for Tom Ruth at Flightsim.com or maybe here, not sure) after seeing it in the movie 2012. This is the big six engine jet with twin fins. It is a great model with working flaps, spoilers, spoilerons (guess thats what you call those upward deflecting flaps that pop up with aileron control to help turn the plane,,the P 61 Blackwidow used them also) and other toys such as lots of opening hatches and nose. Almost forgot,,the wings flex and move.

If you download it also get the very nice panel at the same place.

The one in the movie was called an AN 500 for some reason,,maybe a make believe new model that had a rear drop down loader. Funny though that the airport was being demolished and the biggest plane on the tarmac didnt have a scratch

This is a bare metal paint job for it I am working on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by extrudinator View Post
    Diemer's Sikorsky S-38...
    The S-38 is very well done. Thanks for posting the link.

I just found another nice model myself!

FS2002/FS2004 Varig Lockheed L-188 Electra
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: eleiivg.zip Size: 3,067,233 Date: 04-08-2006 Downloads: 6,067
    FS2002/FS2004 Varig Lockheed L-188 Electra II, registration PP-VJU. The Lockheed L188 Electra II certainly stands in the running as the crowning achievement of the age of the propeller-driven airliner. It was fast, powerful, quiet, comfortable. It seemed to be a natural feature of the sky. By J.R. Lucariny.

I do have a couple of issues with her though. I'm thinking about swapping out the panel for the one in the FS-KBT Orion until I find something better, and I'm also going to copy that plane's engine parameters. This civie version is modeled as a pure jet. While that works well for the Tu-114, I'm not as thrilled with it on this one. But other than that, the model is quite nice and she behaves well in the sky and on the ground.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi Tom! Check out this brand new panel by Fraser McKay. It is designed for J.R.Lucariny's L-188 model. Beutiful work, but **** is needed!!

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels FS2004 Lockheed Electra Panel
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: fml188ap.zip Size: 32,252,059 Date: 04-05-2010 Downloads: 1,415
    FS2004 Lockheed Electra Panel v5.2. Accurate panel for Lockheed L-188A Electra aircraft. Custom built gauges to reflect the performance of the Allison 501-D13 engine and most of its associated systems are accurately replicated, including fuel, electrical, anti-icing, hydraulic and pressurisation systems. This is a complete Electra package including model by J.R. Lucariny, with new flight dynamics, as well as Allison sounds by W.C. Schultz and Victor Merculief. New textures for Air Bridge Carriers, Fred. Olsen, Shillelaghs and Lockheed demonstator c/n 1002. Full documentation and installation guide provided. Adds required modules and supercedes V5.1. Panel, gauges, textures and flight dynamics by Fraser McKay.

I have an issue with the Tupolev 154. It results in a CTD trying to load the VC version and the fix is not available any more....

Cees

Thanks - I'll give it a shot. I tried changing it over to a t-prop, but the prop animation is somehow keyed to only work as a jet. I could start the engines up and go flying, but it looks a little strange with static props!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I have an issue with the Tupolev 154. It results in a CTD trying to load the VC version and the fix is not available any more....

Cees
    Sir,

Obtain version 2.02, and all CTD issues should vanish.
    http://fs-proteam.com/products.html?...w_patt=catalog

I fly this aircraft all the time, and have not encountered those CTD issues.
    If for some reason they still persist, the English-language support forum is very active and will respond quickly to any inquiries.
    http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewf...5873e48c5e95f3

Good luck. It's a very challenging aircraft to master, but it is worth it!

-Sean

Hello Sean,

I have version 2.02! The fix is mentioned in the forum but the link is dead.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Sir,

Obtain version 2.02, and all CTD issues should vanish.
    http://fs-proteam.com/products.html?...w_patt=catalog

I fly this aircraft all the time, and have not encountered those CTD issues.
    If for some reason they still persist, the English-language support forum is very active and will respond quickly to any inquiries.
    http://www.protu-154.net/forum/viewf...5873e48c5e95f3

Good luck. It's a very challenging aircraft to master, but it is worth it!

-Sean

Fairy Swordfish

I've found and testet this one yesterday. The Fairey Swordfish by A.F Scrub. "swfish.zip" at flightsim.com. A really great aircraft for FS9 and FSX. And it looks so good with Mortons repaints
    Attachment 4486Attachment 4487Attachment 4488Attachment 4489

The repaints are for egypt, malta, atlantik and the Bismarck attack. I don't know wich Swordfish I love most, Alphasims or this one ???

Hello Sean,

I have version 2.02! The fix is mentioned in the forum but the link is dead.

Cees
    I'm afraid that the only thing I can suggest then is to post a query in their support forum to see if they'll assist you with the issue.
    It's an addicting aircraft once you get used to operating it, and I wish you the best of luck in getting it to work on your system. I'm sure it's pretty frustrating at this point.

-Sean

Freeware NZ mesh

Get it while you can and the link is still active, a 'must have' for flying in 'Godzone'

-----> http://geographx.co.nz/downloads/mesh75.zip

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Get it while you can and the link is still active, a 'must have' for flying in 'Godzone'

-----> http://geographx.co.nz/downloads/mesh75.zip

ttfn

Pete
    Thanks, Pete!
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Great Planes, freeware and a fantastic subject to bring back to life!!!

So many great add-ons..and freeware to boot. I can't say how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge, skill and compassion filled within these pages. I think I'm on page five and many hours to go till I reach the end. I hope it never ends.

Keep this topic going!!!

There is so much goodness buried in the pages behind.

Thanks to all for sending me the right direction

.....lost inside

Note to self----Continue from page 12 forward

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    So many great add-ons..and freeware to boot. I can't say how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge, skill and compassion filled within these pages. I think I'm on page five and many hours to go till I reach the end. I hope it never ends.

Keep this topic going!!!

There is so much goodness buried in the pages behind.

Thanks to all for sending me the right direction

.....lost inside

Note to self----Continue from page 12 forward
    Great post oleboy,

This is probably the most useful and interesting thread on any FS site.

Stuart

Cees

The link for the update is working fine on my end. Version 2.03 update http://fs-proteam.com/n_st.php?id=42

Charter Member 2011

ITALY: LIPR/LIPW

More than just an airport scenery...
    Both civilian flights and military use the airport, facilities split on a N-S axis along the main runway.
    There is ground vehicle AI which tours the property, which has dozens of authentic buildings.
    You can spend your time just following them, and marveling at the detail of the place.
    There is also photoreal scenery available for the environs.

At flightsim.com
    FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery
    FS2004 Scenery--Airport Rimini-Miramare
    Name: rimini.zip Size: 45,919,155 Date: 01-07-2008 Downloads: 1,777
    FS2004 Scenery--Airport Rimini-Miramare (LIPR). "Aeroporto Internationale Federico Fellini" is an airport located at Miramare, 8 km southeast from the city of Rimini, Italy. The airport is a military airport, which will be also used as civilian airport (during the summer for charters). The military part of the airport is called Aeroporto G. Vassura. Scenery includes real AI traffic movements (2007) and some effects. By Harry Urben and Ulrich Buergler.

More screens at
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=36126

An other gem - for free!

OK -I'm biased...

But this one turned out to be a true gem:

Even on the ramp:

Go get it here:

http://www.irissimulations.com/product-classics-p40.php

The VC is great, but I'll stick to my custom 2D widescreen panel:

The basic bmp comes with the FDG2 P-40 (partially pulled to a 16:10 ratio), most of the gauges were ripped from the SOH Invader, MAP and RPM clock lost their engine #2 needles.
    "Private use" only... :d

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Ok, here's another

and although its an unfinished 'Beta' (but much more finished than a lot of completed projects from other sites) the Percival Prentice can be found here

----> http://www.pavaservices.com/cfs/prentice_beta.htm

ttfn

Pete
    I find the Percival "Prentice" T1..even though a beta, to be a work of modeling art. If this is a beta, I can't imagine what more could be perfected!!

Very enjoyable model to fly. Thanks for pointing this one out Motormouse

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I find the Percival "Prentice" T1..even though a beta, to be a work of modeling art. If this is a beta, I can't imagine what more could be perfected!!

Very enjoyable model to fly. Thanks for pointing this one out Motormouse
    Yes, it is a very nice airplane. Very well done and a delight to fly. Thanks for the post.

Attachment 7800 Attachment 7799

Aero Commander 520 -By Milton Schupe

I was browsing the newly released BN2 Islander topic in the FSX section today, and someone mentioned a model by Milton Schupe. It didn't sound familiar. After checking if I had it, which I didn't, I immediately started searching for the Aero Commander 520. I found it at flightsim.com.

What a great aircraft!!! Very beautifully modeled, great flight dynamics, excellent 2D & VC

I highly suggest it to everyone!!

And, if you do a generic search for "Aero Commander", Milton and Teams have done a whole series of this great aircraft. Plenty of super paints too!!

Thank You Mr. Schupe and Team!!

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation FS2004 Aero Commander 520
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: ac520v31.zip Size: 11,117,633 Date: 06-19-2006 Downloads: 8,313
    FS2004 Aero Commander 520. Package includes Gmax frame-rate friendly aircraft, custom era correct panel with gauge backlighting, hi-res virtual cockpit, beautiful interior textures, two paint schemes, website support. By Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Andre Folkers and Urs Burkhardt.

Another one

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this one either. It's extremely basic by today's standards, but it flies well and represents a unique design.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Turboprops FS2004 Sukhoi SU-80GP
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: sukh80gp.zip Size: 1,190,294 Date: 04-23-2004 Downloads: 2,672
    FS2004 Sukhoi SU-80GP twin turboprop short-haul regional aircraft. The Sukhoi 80 is a new short-haul aircraft for regional airlines. The SU-80 is Sukhoi's first passenger aircraft. The aircraft was build by the Kamsolsk-upon-Amur aircraft production association, in the eastern part of Russia. First flight of a 24 seat model took place on 4 September 2001. After this, the aircraft was stretched by about 4 feet, to make room for 6 more seats, arriving at the 30-seat aircraft it is now. Operation can take place in any weather condition, during day and night and from unpaved runways. By Robert Versluys.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home