Winjeel's P-40D WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winjeel's P-40D WIP

Didn't quite escape.
    I've done one of my little FOBs (blame Lewis) in the North African desert, not at, but near, one of 112 Squadron's haunts. I haven't bothered making it available simply because there's no point - there is (quite accurately unfortunately) nothing to look at out there.

So yes, please, Michael!

The aircraft looks really nice, Winjeel - yes, I know this is exceptionally cheeky, but is there any chance at all of building in LODs so we can use it as AI too? (No, surrounded, preceeded or superseded by many expletives is a perfectly acceptable answer... )

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    The aircraft looks really nice, Winjeel - yes, I know this is exceptionally cheeky, but is there any chance at all of building in LODs so we can use it as AI too?)
    I agree as well

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I've done one of my little FOBs (blame Lewis) in the North African desert, not at, but near, one of 112 Squadron's haunts. I haven't bothered making it available simply because there's no point - there is (quite accurately unfortunately) nothing to look at out there.

So yes, please, Michael!

The aircraft looks really nice, Winjeel - yes, I know this is exceptionally cheeky, but is there any chance at all of building in LODs so we can use it as AI too? (No, surrounded, preceeded or superseded by many expletives is a perfectly acceptable answer... )
    Not a problem Ian. It's already got it's LODs built in, a (nice) habit learned from modelling for the CFS series.

It would be great to have some of the "tourist" attractions of North Africa added to FSX. There has been various attempts at civilization in those parts for millenia, and a lot of 'lost cities' are still there, as well as the more recent war sites. Great for sight seeing trips in a light aircraft!

I found one of our early versions for a splash screen for MAW whilst searching for a picture of the Marble Arch (Google it!), and it fits in with this thread so....

Winjeel

Quote Originally Posted by Winjeel View Post
    G'day boys, great to hear from you again, and thanks for the comments!

Alx, great job on the 190, beautiful crisp textures, and plenty of choices!

I see from your avatar you're still cruising around in a Tiger, Scott Has Hugh made any more progress on that other sim (Wings over ...?)

Richard
    Hi Richard-

Everyone picks on my poor "Tiger",lol Such a brute of a tank!

Have not heard from Hugh since he was sent to Afghanistan, sure hope he is ok and gets home safe! I have seen a few pic's of the map he started for the SF series, mostly just bits of it when John shows some skins he's working on for the WWII fighters being made at the moment. GregoryP has worked out a FM program for those models now too!

I harass Mathias at times, trying to get him to do the Do 24 for FSX, but he has made his mind up to do the Bf 110 series first! You know how those "Old Time Rock-n-Rollers" are!

I've seen that another member of the "Desert Rats" is doing some models too. But they are for the IL2 1946 mod. I've seen his screen name spelled 2 different ways, either as "Zipo" or "Zepo", not sure which is the right one. But I forget who that is, I wonder if that is Pietro? Maybe Alx or Luca could tell us!

Anyway, good to hear from you, its nice to keep in contact with you guys!

Oooohh, the 110's, looking forward to them! :ernae:

Richard

Thanks for remembering, Naki!:salute:

I'd better make a New Year's resolution to finish this thing! (I've been off playing Air Hauler instead of developing).

Here's some more pics of where I'm up to...

Winjeel

Wow it looks awesome !
    Also those 3D gauges in the virtual cockpit are quite impressive I have to say. Excellent work ! :ernae:

Gorgeous P-40 Winjeel ! can't wait to "test" her !! :ernae:

[YOUTUBE]MhPzhi9rVac[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-oGoimpoS8M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8VNd8LUEGIg[/YOUTUBE]

I am Soooooo looking forward to flying the P-40 in FSX. It's a classic aeroplane.

I've been fortunate enough to get close to both Col Pay's P-40E and Alan Arthur's P-40N at Temora Aviation Museum. In the air the P-40 is (IMHO) only bettered in appearance by the Spitfire. It is such a graceful aircraft in motion. And the hum of the Alison is just sweet.

Funnily enough I'm reading a book titled "Desert Warriors", which is about Australian pilots who flew the P-40 in the Desert between 1941 and 1943. And that has really whet the appetite for P-40's! Plus I luv flying the P-40 in MAW - just about the best mod around.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

I can't believe I missed this until now!
    Very impressive work so far!!!
    I really like your gauges :salute:
    Regards,
    Robert

Looks fantastic so far Winjeel!

Quote Originally Posted by Pips View Post
    I am Soooooo looking forward to flying the P-40 in FSX. It's a classic aeroplane.

I've been fortunate enough to get close to both Col Pay's P-40E and Alan Arthur's P-40N at Temora Aviation Museum. In the air the P-40 is (IMHO) only bettered in appearance by the Spitfire. It is such a graceful aircraft in motion. And the hum of the Alison is just sweet.

Funnily enough I'm reading a book titled "Desert Warriors", which is about Australian pilots who flew the P-40 in the Desert between 1941 and 1943. And that has really whet the appetite for P-40's! Plus I luv flying the P-40 in MAW - just about the best mod around.
    Both ex RNZAF P-40s...I saw Allan Arthur's P-40 at Wanaka in 2006...along with another ex RNZAF P-40E (ZK-RMH ex Ray Hannahs) and an ex RAAF P-40N (both still active n the airshow circuit here).

P-40E ex RNZAF now unfortunately in Chinese markings..was in RNZAF colours a few years ago

P-40N ex RAAF in RAAF colours

P-40N ex RNZAF in RAAF clours

How could I just have overlooked this?

Looks excellent!

Thank you all for your comments guys, much appreciated!:ernae:

Winjeel

Nice model and nice paints... but, please check your fuel tank... It's not quite attached to the fuselage...

kc

Looks really great Winjeel!

Huub

WOW! Great stuff Richard.
    And best wishes from an old Desert Rat fellow ! :ernae:
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

Winjeel, this is an awesome looking P-40. I will be following this project with great interest. Well done.

Slap me in the face with a wet fish I realy missed this post , Richard , i can get closeup photos of the P40 panel /photoreal texture , fact is , at the RNZAF Wigram Museum they have a panel on display and since they are doing a rebuilding , (heck you would love to see that ) , maybe? side panel internal shots if you dont have them already .

Sorry to dig up this old thread up again but wondered if there was any progress?...no pressure as there are plenty of other aircraft out there to keeping me occupied, but just wondering?

Glad you brought it up again Naki, I was awondering the same thing myself.

Sure would be a pity if, after all the hard work, it doesn't take to the sky.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Hey Richard, hope this hasn't died mate?

John (another old Rat original)
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

P-40s are Really Pretty Airplanes

EAA Photos i took:salute:

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line