Winjeel's P-40D WIP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winjeel's P-40D WIP

Icon5 Winjeel's P-40D WIP

Work on this has been pretty slow but it is still moving forward slowly. I have 5 paint schemes in process for this one but these pics are of AK571, the very first Kittyhawk Mk I ( basically a Commonwealth P-40D).

Hopefully I'll finish the rest of the painting and be able to start on the vc soon...

Winjeel

Great and detailed mesh, Richard, congrats on a potential winner.
    You should get Greg to make the FM for you, his 4.x builds are better than ever, plus he has FSX.
    Mathias

Thanks Mathias, I appreciate your comments! Does Greg visit here?

Richard

Rarely ever but I can pass on his addy to you if you don't have it at a save place.
    Mathias

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking great!
    Yup Would be great for Greg to do some fsx fm's
    H

Looks great - will it morph to an "E" model?

Sixghost
    Only 5 replies...sometimes a name means everything Richard, but don't be discouraged, yours is a true labour of love and there's nothing comparable to that! :ernae:

Hope all is well down there! Sure miss the time spent "together" long ago! Good luck with the Hawk!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixghost View Post
    Only 5 replies...sometimes a name means everything Richard, but don't be discouraged, yours is a true labour of love and there's nothing comparable to that! :ernae:

Hope all is well down there! Sure miss the time spent "together" long ago! Good luck with the Hawk!
    G'day Luca, great to hear from you again! I'm glad you saw this thread.

I didn't expect many replies, as only a handful of people know me on this side. But as you know, I build these things for myself first and to share second so there's no drama here!

Yeah, I really enjoyed the early days of the Desert Rats, what an awesome team had been pulled together for the start! What a pity there was so much work that still hasn't seen the light of day from those early times... Anyway, all is good down here, little bit cold pruning the grapevines at the moment, but it won't be long and spring will be here again.

Naki, yes there will be E models, actually I plan doing the whole series up to the P-40Q (including the cut-down, unofficial XP-40N, I think that one's the sexiest looking of the whole bunch), so there should be something for most P-40 fans in there. Once the D/E models are done, the others should follow reasonably quickly after that.

Microsoft probably did me a favour dropping FS11, now I don't have to rush to finish this before the next iteration of FS is released!

Winjeel

a couple more more shots of the Kittyhawk... sorry!

Winjeel

Looks very nice to me! Excellent job!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks Jan, I hope you will perform some of your magic on her one day!:ernae:

Richard

I luv flying the various marks of the P-40 in MAW. That mod is, IMHO, one of the very best ever done for any sim. And even though only Stage 1 was completed, it is a great sim to fly.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing the P-40 getting airborne in FSX.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

She looks amazing Winjeel!:ernae:

Only thing missing are some sharks teeth, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    She looks amazing Winjeel!:ernae:

Only thing missing are some sharks teeth, LOL!
    Thanks Rob, how about a very famous pilot in a very famous squadron?
    (Flying Officer Neville Duke, 112 Sqn RAF, Western Desert 1942)

Winjeel

Now thats what I am talking about!:ernae:
    She looks really great Winjeel! Really looking forward to all of your P-40's.

Thank you!

thedude247
    FSX only I imagine, right. Or are some of us lucky enough to injoy this on FS9 too.

Sorry, FSX SP2 + Acceleration only.

I've aliased the sound to use the Acceleration Mustang sound set, but of course that's easy enough for anyone to change if they wish. There are some great Alison sounds out there, I've aliased to keep the total file size smaller when it comes time for distribution.

The FM also uses a single stage supercharger, I don't think this works without SP2/Accel ? Anyway, like the real thing, these early models are very easy to overboost and damage the engine (automatic boost control didn't come in until the P-40K). It replicates the real aircraft well, max boost @ SL 72", recommended max takeoff 45.5" (I've set detonation at 46"), full throttle height 12500' and max speed at 15000'. This would be a great engine to have accu-simmed!:ernae:

Winjeel

Lovely stuff, Winjeel! Between your P40 and that Fw190, I might just have to buy FSX now.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Lovely stuff, Winjeel! Between your P40 and that Fw190, I might just have to buy FSX now.
    Gee Hairyspin, you know you can't really shoot stuff up in FSX but modelling is so much more rewarding.
    Mathias

MCDesigns
    Beautiful work!! the P-40 is my fav, looking forward to flying her!

This could be the incentive I need to finish my Northern African Campaign scenery, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Beautiful work!! the P-40 is my fav, looking forward to flying her!

This could be the incentive I need to finish my Northern African Campaign scenery, LOL.
    Oh Yes! Please finish that scenery, the Western Desert is a rather bare place in FSX (not even an airfield at Tobruk .... :isadizzy

Winjeel

Its really coming along Richard! Especially from the first pic's you put up at Netwings. Haven't talked to you since I sent you that model of the Boomerang for CFS3, glad to hear you are doing well, and that you continue to develope this great looking P40!:ernae:

Excellent !!
    And greetings from an old MAW mate.
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

G'day boys, great to hear from you again, and thanks for the comments!

Alx, great job on the 190, beautiful crisp textures, and plenty of choices!

I see from your avatar you're still cruising around in a Tiger, Scott Has Hugh made any more progress on that other sim (Wings over ...?)

Richard