FS-KBT Orion

Thread: FS-KBT Orion

FS-KBT Orion

Hi guys, me again asking questions that I think others had answered before, sorry to be annoying:isadizzy:
    About Orion, the bomb door would not open (same problem with alpha`s)?
    I think it`s so strange....Ms never talked about fixing this?

cya and thanx!

MCDesigns
    What's MS have to do with it? I believe the model is an FS9 model which would explain some of the problems you might be having using it in FSX.

Dunno, it was only a supposition....I`ve find out various models with this problem....supposed it was a MS fsx`s problem, plz take no offense....

MCDesigns
    No offense taken, was just curious. Basically MS had to do some things differently to make FSX what it is and part of that is doing away with some of the things that worked in FS9 which is why you will have some issues with aircraft designed for that sim instead of the new one.

If you stick with only FSX native models, then you will usually have no issues.

How was the Orion door supposed to open in FS9 ?
    All my FS9 planes still have all of their animations working in FSX, so I wonder.
    The opening door of that Orion was linked to which action ?

Daube

the only readme.txt inside the archive says unoperated bomb door switch and a few more issues....
    I think it`s a Concorde nose EXT/RET command alias to the panel switch...

What daya think of trying another keys, could this work?

Cya!

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foo_fighter View Post
    Daube

the only readme.txt inside the archive says unoperated bomb door switch and a few more issues....
    I think it`s a Concorde nose EXT/RET command alias to the panel switch...

What daya think of trying another keys, could this work?

Cya!
    possible
    H

This command still exists in FSX, doesn't it ?

C and V keys Concorde nose visor do not seem to work on any thing !!

Let me understand one thing, plz notice that I have very few notions about modeling...almost zero.
    But if I change the command key for F8 (example) thiswill not work if the model was made to move this part using concorde visor, am I correct?

(I think I have to learn more about modeling...)

cya

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by foo_fighter View Post
    Let me understand one thing, plz notice that I have very few notions about modeling...almost zero.
    But if I change the command key for F8 (example) thiswill not work if the model was made to move this part using concorde visor, am I correct?

(I think I have to learn more about modeling...)

cya
    What happens is when they are making the model, they assign an animation tag to a moving part. This animation is controlled by a default key, you can then assign another key to that assignment if needed. for instance, open exits by default is Shift + E. I can change that assignment to a button on my joystick instead of using Shift + E.

There are a few animation commands that do not have a key assigned by default, that is up to you. I think concorde visor is one of them.

Concorde Visor keys C and V were default keys in Fs9 and I think without resetting my FSX settings back default they are still listed in controls settings as Concorde visor, seems to me this is another FSX mess up trying to pack to much in and missing bits unfortunately what we have is still a late beta version that no longer has any chance of being fixed !!

:isadizzy: quite hard to understand MS and modeling details...but I will try this and report ok?

Thanks for all the info I`m getting with you all guys!

Cya.

Ok here we go....I`ve tried to assign joystick bottons and new key assingnments but no good...
    Still nothing works, too pitie....