Ultimate Traffic 2

Thread: Ultimate Traffic 2

Ultimate Traffic 2

I have seen a few pictures of this, but considering how good the pictures appear to be so far, there doesn't seem to be much info on it. Does anyone have it, and how good is it in comparison to WOAI, MT, TX ?

More screenies if anyone has them, pretty please !

I love WOAI, but having a lazy install appeals to me for a change (I will of couse copy my WOAI as a back up).

I'm using UT2 and like it just fine so far. I had been using World-of-AI. I kept the WofAI FedEx and UPS packages since UT2 doesn't have them. I also kept the Military AI Works packages that I have installed. They all play together nicely.

The UT2 models look great and they fly accurate schedules on correct routes. It's has a couple of nice features, too, where you can clear your approach so you'll never get the dreaded "go around".

Jim

Blog Entries
    I'm loving it. The models look good, the schedules are good and easly adjustable. My only complaint is the startup music thats played when fsx starts up. I could do without the fluff ( even though it's very well done )... There appears to be a minor problem under dx-9 with Imagine's KSJC scenery in that on landing i'm seeing several parked 737 shadows on the ground directly below my plane, even if i'm two miles outside of the airport.. Since i installed both UT and KSJC on the same day, i dont know if it's one or the other or both causing it, but it's minor..

I have been thinking about going from Traffic X to UT 2, but can someone tell me what kind of traffic you get at airports like KYKM with UT2? Traffic gives me nothing.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

There are sliders to scale either commercial or GA traffic as you desire. UT2 does not contain any "afcad" files so you may need to find or create one for a particular airport to make sure it has sufficient parking and correct parking codes.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    I have been thinking about going from Traffic X to UT 2, but can someone tell me what kind of traffic you get at airports like KYKM with UT2? Traffic gives me nothing.
    Wellll, it appears that yakima has 4 scheduled departures each day ( Sun - f ) and five arrivals. Saturdays have 3 departures and 3 arrivals. There are alao utilities installed as part of UT that allow you to change all of that as well.. yu can change schedules, assignments parking codes, just about anything except the weather, on a per airport basis.

How does UT2 affect overal sim performance? ...Say, compared to the default traffic, whats the average FPS hit? Low? Moderate?
    Archer Pilot

Certified Flight Instructor
    ASEL/MEL

Blog Entries
    Welll, I was actually surprised. It was only a minor drop in frame rates. Noticeable during turns, but not unflyable.. I think the KSJC scenery is actually drawing down framerates more that UT,and even that is negligable. However, that said, i'm running six gigs of ram on a quad core here.. YMMV.. It might do you well to get more opinions and observations on it..

I just got UT2 and I like it so far. This is the first traffic software I have installed and it really livens up the airports. I haven't had much flying time with it yet, but I haven't seen anything about it I don't like.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by piperarcherpilot View Post
    How does UT2 affect overal sim performance? ...Say, compared to the default traffic, whats the average FPS hit? Low? Moderate?
    I get about 5 FPS less than I did before (with no traffic at all). Low 30's instead of mid 30's. That being said, the easier on FPS planes like the carenados don't feel any impact.

I think UT2 is an excellent program. It is cool you can add your own planes to the traffic. I added most of the A2A WWII fighters to the GA traffic along with some other default planes that, for some reason, weren't in there by default.

Sounds like a winner, I don't have any flights in or out of Yakima presently. Tried adding a few, but they never seem to stick around.. Thanks!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Wow,

Great response guys, very tempted. I have played around with WOAI so that I have several of my key airlines in classic liveries, so may keep them and get UT2 (I'm not a purist, so happy to have both mixed in for eye candy).

Can anyone tell how it affects frames rates compared to WOAI ? I know pure FSX models are supposedly better than port overs, but I have several pure FSX planes in my collection that hit my computer much more than port overs.

Thanks

UT2 is really fantastic and very easy to use,It's one of the best value/$ I've purchased for FSX,It jacks the immersion factor way,way up, The 1 drawback is no Cargo traffic because of lack of published schedules

Some pics of KORD with UT2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Blog Entries
    ok.. I just went in, added a whole bunch of commercial aircraft, and saved the changes. Then i added general aircraft and saved those changesas well.. Remembering one last commercial aircraft that i wanted to add i went back to add it and "all" on the entries i made were gone.. Maybe i did something wrong but that seems unlikely with how easy it is. I dont know..

hobofat
    Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    Can anyone tell how it affects frames rates compared to WOAI ? I know pure FSX models are supposedly better than port overs, but I have several pure FSX planes in my collection that hit my computer much more than port overs.
    Pure FSX AI models? Because to my knowledge only TrafficX and UT2 have created FSX-sdk processed AI models. Other ai packages (like WOAI) have set up FSX installers and created FSX flight plans, but the models themselves are still port-overs. Otherwise, if you're using FSX non-ai planes as traffic that will hit your framerates pretty hard as those models are much more complex than the ones created for ai. An fsx non-ai used as traffic would most likely cost more fps than a fs9 model optimized for ai. In my experience UT2 performs MUCH better than WOAI, to date I have not used ai simply because it hurts my system so much, but UT2 is completely workable for me.

My apologies if this doesn't tell you anything you don't already know, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence just provide a possible reason why a pure FSX plane might be a greater fps hit than an FS9 portover

Blog Entries
    Hobofat.. That makes perfect sense, and i admit i was curious myself about using non AI models, but didnt know for sure.. Thanks for that information ..

Didn't quite escape.
    I'm not using UT2, I use TrafficX, but can testify that for the same frame rate, I can get a collossal amount more AI on an airport using TrafficX (pure FSX AI) compared to WOAI (pure FS9 AI) or the older version of MyTrafficX I have (which is a mix - but slowly getting more FSX native with each release/update).

From what I've seen and heard, I'd thoroughly recommend UT2. What I'd really like to do is get all three major commercial AI packages on one PC and do a direct comparison, but I can't afford either the financial outlay or the time needed to do so at the moment.

Ian, having not enough money and not enough time is a poor exuse not to do such a review :d !!!!!!!!

Looks like I will have to buy this, it looks fan-dabbi-dozi !

Cheers guys

Hi,
    is there somewhere a list of all included airlines?
    Thanks in advance!

To remove the UT2 sound during the startup of FSX rename, move or delete the Ut2Startup.wav file:

In XP the file is located in \Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2

In Vista in Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2

The 747s are FS9 models and are being updated for the Service Pack being worked on per Tom Main in the UT2 Support Forum. :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by JT8D-9A View Post
    Hi,
    is there somewhere a list of all included airlines?
    Thanks in advance!
    Scroll down to the 5th message in this thread:

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/f...s.asp?TID=5611

Jim

Thanks Jim! That's exactly what i needed. Mhhh Russian aircraft and Binter and Air Caraibes.. can't resist any longer