Guided weapons in FS .... comming soon to a simulator close to you! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guided weapons in FS .... comming soon to a simulator close to you!

A great development for FSX (even if you are using my B-52 model as a target lol) I knew I should've modelled some jamming equipment

phlerp
    Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    A great development for FSX (even if you are using my B-52 model as a target lol) I knew I should've modelled some jamming equipment
    He he... We wanted to use a tu-95 Bear, but couldn't find one that wouldn't intefer with the smoke effect we use for the destroyed aircraft. I will fix it soon so it will work with any aircraft though.

This is one addon i am definitely going to get.
    I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
    And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

This is an awesome development and will have a lot of simmers going to FSX once there is some kind of combat ability. I look forward to scrammbling my F6 Lightening to intercept some TU-95 Bears in the near future i hope.

Keep up the great work phlerp.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Dave, do you have an FSX Lightening??? Can you tell me where you got it?

Looks great! But what would be really cool would be droping bombs from my WOP B17 that will work in multiplayer!Now that would be cool

Videre Vincere Est

Awsome development. Cant wait till released.
    Will other missile-types be included as well (like rdr guided, active and semi-active homing BVR missiles)?

Great work, and i love the cockpit!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Dave, do you have an FSX Lightening??? Can you tell me where you got it?

its one of the aircraft that im developing but its going to be sometime till its anywhere near testing due to other modeling commitments.

havent found any for fsx as of yet hence building my own.

phlerp
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Will other missile-types be included as well (like rdr guided, active and semi-active homing BVR missiles)?
    '

Yes, this addon is made with that in mind from the start. It will be very easy for me to add new weapons of any kind. Though I need to do some performance test to see if I need to use a different approach for guns since it means a lot of individual projectiles in the air at the same time. I have ideas about how to solve it if it turns out to be too heavy on the simulator with the way I do it for all other weapons. So eventually there will be guns too.

MCDesigns
    This is awesome, looking forward to implementing this effect from my combat helis!

Please keep us informed on the progress of this addon.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Dave. Hope to see your Lightening in the air some day!

phlerp
    Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Please keep us informed on the progress of this addon.
    The best way to keep up with the progress is to take a peek at my blog from time to time. However I will keep checking this thread and post here when I have any major news.

http://sul37.blogspot.com

This is exactly what we need for our B17 bomber squadron to be able to drop bombs on targets in multiplayer!Good luck and keep us informed!

I soo want one of those WOOOOW!:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by blazefox2 View Post
    all i can say is since i have been in numerous virtual militaries on fsx this will REVOLUTIONIZE the way we fight online thank you and i will pay whatever the cost to purchase it great job guys
    you are gone blaze, you shoudnt to be here..... lol

This is going to be awsome with the IRIS F-16D!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

On Another Planet
    Just wondering if this is still in developement and if it will be released soon.It has been about a month and a half since the first post so Im just wondering. This will be an amazing addon for FSX once its released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

I'm waiting patiently.......Not!
    I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
    And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

I was wondering if this was made with the missions tool? I had done this a bit back with a WW2 pack http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_i...oducts_id=1961 which includes multiplayer combat.. you can shoot each other down but only the person shot down will see the effects of their plane on fire..I had tried using attached effects in the planes but only objects like boats or ground vehicles would light up..I heard that FS Host lets you see the effects in MP

phlerp
    No, it's not made with the mission tool. It's a plugin DLL that simulates weapons. So far it does not support multi player, however it is planned to do that eventually.

Yes, it is still in development and at the moment there is no release date set.

Ok.. extra cool..If its made with a DLL then this is great..Good luck

This looks great! Can't wait to see it released.

To Phlerp

Is there any chance that you can release some guidelines for developers so that we can take advantage of your dll ? I am currently making the FSX version of the FT-6G FAC Texan for the next SkyUnlimited release. This version carried 12 smoke rockets for marking targets. In the FS9 version I just attached a visibility switch to the salvo switches in the cockpit and the rockets would disappear four at a time as each switch was flipped. But there was no visual of the rockets (unguided) leaving the plane or hitting the ground. For the FSX version I'd like to give the player/pilot the chance to see the rockets really work. From what I've read in your posts, your add-on will give folks just that ability.

Right now the smoke rockets are modeled individually. Is there anything else I need to do to get the model ready to be used by your add-on?

Thanks

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    X_eidos2:
    You can currently do that, only problem is that it will work in missions
    Prowler

Did you mean will or did you mean won't work in missions ? :isadizzy:

I'm hoping to provide a model that's mission independent for it's features.

I've seen other FSX models that launch rockets, but I didn't want to contract a programmer to help me set things up. (Resources are limited at the moment) If this plugin works as demonstrated then there might not be a need to re-invent the wheel so to speak.

It's similar to building 3d landing lights. It's already been done by another company and the simple solution seems to be provide customers co-ordinates for the lights instead of trying to build a custom version of my own.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    It will work with missions only
    Prowler

PS:sorry for me being not much help right now, i´m just passing by, throw me a pm