The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 486

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Mike. What engine is in this one?
    Sorry I donot have a picture of the entire airframe for the next challenge . Hopefully enough is visible to identify her. That turbine engine is not standard on this aircraft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eéntje met turbine.jpg  

Max Holste MH 153 - The prototype MH 152 modified to carry a Turbomeca Astazou.

Interesting that there are hundreds of MH1521 Broussard pics available and Walter finds this oddball

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MH-153_WEB.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Srgalahad .
    You are causing serious problems for the jury.
    Technically speaking it is not the MH-153 with Turboméca engine. This one is a true MH-1521 on which the P&W R985 was replaced by one
    of my M601s. The modification was engineered by Cascade Aircraft Conversions of Garfield, Wa./USA for a Canadian client.
    However, you excellent detective work should, I think, result in a new challenge from your stables.

You are causing serious problems for the jury.
    Technically speaking it is not the MH-153 with Turboméca engine. This one is a true MH-1521 on which the P&W R985 was replaced by one
    of my M601s. The modification was engineered by Cascade Aircraft Conversions of Garfield, Wa./USA for a Canadian client.
    Never let it be said that I shy away from causing stress
    Thanks for the generosity as you actually required the specific engine and I'd hate to arouse the ire of those who might have been more accurate. I actually struggled a bit with my choice as the intake/exhaust combo looked a bit 'fat' for the Astazou version. Having been a Max Holste fan since my long-lost youth the airframe was not difficult.

So, continuing with the twin-tail theme, I offer this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH-2015-11-21.jpg  

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Didn't stray to far from the last one. MH 52
    Should have put the radial engine version on.

Chris

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Never let it be said that I shy away from causing stress
    Thanks for the generosity as you actually required the specific engine and I'd hate to arouse the ire of those who might have been more accurate. I actually struggled a bit with my choice as the intake/exhaust combo looked a bit 'fat' for the Astazou version. Having been a Max Holste fan since my long-lost youth the airframe was not difficult.

So, continuing with the twin-tail theme, I offer this:
    Is this the Ercoupe sold in Macy's department stores?
    Cheers
    BG

SOH-CM-2023
    Sorry BG, I think its a Max Holst MH52. Wrong engine for an Ercoupe & tail feathers slightly different.
    Looks as if Chris beat me to it!!!
    Keith

Alas Keith, Chris did beat you. I had another nefarious grainy horror in mind but then I chanced upon the Ercoupe look-alike and how could I resist another MH design...

All yours CT

Company is easy designation?

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOT-11-22.jpg  

I have it as a Beechcraft YAU-22A?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beechcraft YAU-22A.bmp  

That's what I had and another version more developed as YAU-22A also. Thanks for the better pix of it.
    Over to you.

Chris

A rare color mystery from me...

Stunned silence from the Hysterical Wings community. A tube from Moses ! Way out of my comfort zone -can't tell the difference between these brutes even when I'm sitting in one !

Anyway,this is presumably very obscure, but I'll put my fourpenceworth in -how about an Embraer 195 ?

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    I cross daggers with Mike and say Tupolev Tu-204 family.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    May I please, please, please change my mind? The Mitsubishi MRJ70 no.1 that first flew a fortnight ago

'Historical Wings' ? hmmmm.........

I see I have made Lefty a bit nervous posting something this new. Say what you will about these modern pointy jets but they are still quite a feat in engineering!

Walter corrected himself in time to get a cold one. It is the Mitsubishi on final on it's maiden flight. Well done.

BTW- I like your avatar Mike. One of those suicidal Nazi rocket ships I see.

Here is yours truly lovingly caressing the fin of WL790 (N790WL) several years ago on a chilly overcast fall morning.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Kevin . Thanks
    This one may be more to Mike`s taste. One clue. I did not hide the registration `cause she never carried one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FBWAPR.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Hi Kevin . Thanks
    This one may be more to Mike`s taste. One clue. I did not hide the registration `cause she never carried one!
    Sjöflygplanet "Beda" (Swedish)....
    Not my merit I recently saw it in a german thread....
    Cheers
    BG

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi BG
    I think you are far too modest. You noted it on that German site, you put the info in the memory box, you remembered it when I posted the picture and you prompty answered
    I first saw this flying boat in an old Air Pictorial (May/1967??) just called the Nilsson Flying Boat. When I, like you, saw the photo on that German site, I only learned it is properly named the Nilsson "Beda". It was illegal and flown for some 500 hours before Hermandad came into action.
    Much info on the designer Erland Nilsson, background etc in on hxxp://arlandaflygsamlingar.se/flygplan/sjoflygplanet-%E2%80%9Dbeda%E2%80%9D/
    Have no idea what "Sjöflygplanet" means in English. Machine does not translate.

PS: Photo courtesy of the poster called Urig. "Beda" still exists in a Museum at Arlanda.

Blog Entries
    Hi Wout!
    As usual you are most kind and accurate in your statements (BTW "Sjöflygplanet" simply means "floater" [ having canvassed Sweden for business over twenty some odd years and speaking a decent german I can translate with difficulty a fair amount of swedish].
    I have nothing on hand right now to post but maybe some of our members might be willing to exercise their spotting virtues over the following image (of which I'm not sure at all!).
    And, as usual, cheers
    BG

Judging by the size of that propellor, did it have any realistic expectation of leaving the ground? Or maybe it was not intended to do so - à la Kronfeld Ground Trainer.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi PH
    I think you may be right. OTH the size of the propeller will not always guarantee you will get airborne (or land) safely.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VP-1 big prop.jpg  

Ah, maybe I've got it. Now the picture emanates from Switzerland and, perhaps, that's not a propellor but clock hands. And I think that I can see a wooden bird between the two cylinders. So maybe it's not an aeroplane but a novelty cuckoo clock?

Blog Entries
    Well gentlemen I don't want to stress your meninges any longer therefore that the submitted pic was captioneds in the original source as "Gabriel L7A". However the net hasn't been very forthcoming concerning further comments viz explanations. I've found two manufacturers with the same name one in Germany the other in Poland however nothing seems to tally.
    So let's bury the small-prop item and let it rest in its obscurity....
    Open House please!
    Cheers
    BG