The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 392

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Hi Lefty!
    One really learn something every day! I would have never thought that chinese would buy or build a "Grasmücke" (let alone with floaters)...By the way I wonder whether you could let me have an unphotoshopped pic of the chinese RK9....
    Thanks
    BG

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Mike!
    Someting different. The aircraft is a twin boom Cessna, but what are the devices under the wings? (nothing to do with aerial spraying or similar). Name or purpose will do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C337 wadw.JPG  

Some kind of camera Walter?

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Kevin
    Sorry, no camera. The system had influence on the aerodynamic characteristics. There are small engines/props at the end of the booms. A Cessna 207 was tested with the same devices.
    Will post a link once you all give up!

Too good for me...

SOH-CM-2023
    Sound to me then that they are experimenting with de-energising the vortices produced from under the wing to reduce drag - alternatively using the vortices to recharge the battery?
    Keith

Sadly my vortices were de-energised a long time ago..........

SOH-CM-2023
    And you are younger than me!
    Keith

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Gentlemen
    Fortunately the devices have nothing to do with age.
    I cannot explain how this Rotor Wing principle works, so please see the links below. Mike will appreciate that the system apparently works on planes and on boats!
    Maybe you will recall that I posted this picture last year (or about). This yellow bird also used the Rotor Wing principle.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->http://turbo-wing-development.org.ma...essna-207.html
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->http://perichbrothers.blogspot.co.uk...urbo-wing.html

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standaardtabel; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standaardtabel; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotor Wing N25RW.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Open House, so please grab your chance

SOH-CM-2023
    Walter, thanks for those links -Very interesting - I think I can understand whats happening near the stall, but not sure what effect it has on cruise performance. Dont think it would be very good for aircraft cruise speeds above 300 Kts.
    Keith

This one appears to be a floater as well as an egg beater.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ac31.jpg  

It's another one from Washington state - the Monte-Copter 15 !

(bit of detective work here - the motors helped !)

SOH-CM-2023
    Well done Mike - I did hope it might last a little longer....but then you are the expert detective of the obscure!!!

Your turn sir.
    Keith

Thank you Keith - here's something different again -

Blog Entries
    Hello there!
    It should be the Bastet 01 a french monowheel Landing gear Aircraft ("avion avec train monotrace") of the early sixties.....
    BG

Not much getting past you these days, BG !

Members +
    The French have REALLY given us some of the ugliest/weirdest planes ever!

Blog Entries
    Hello Lefty and everybody!
    Here comes my enigma I hope it wasn't edited so far....
    BG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    The French have REALLY given us some of the ugliest/weirdest planes ever!
    Welcome to our friend from South Africa and how are things in Seapoint?
    I agree about the french having devised some of the weirdest crafts but don't forget that they produced also some of the most beautiful creations...
    BG

Members +
    So right, very beautiful creations... crashed & burnt with a few..
    I live in llandudno, very close to Sea Point. I belong to the 'Friends of the South African Air Force", a volunteer bunch that are involved with preserving some of the heritage aircraft the Air Force still have.. An Avro Shackleton that we start up at the end of every month, A Harvard, or 2 (North American T-6, a few Mirages & a Buccaneer, amongst others. Not forgetting our Anson & Vampire! All are non flying. (no funds, but thats another story!)

The French were innovators in every sense. Some were just more stylish than others.

I recognize BG's latest offering as the Deicke ADM 11 sport plane. Powered by a 22hp engine!

http://home.comcast.net/~aeroengine/Deicke.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    The French were innovators in every sense. Some were just more stylish than others.

I recognize BG's latest offering as the Deicke ADM 11 sport plane. Powered by a 22hp engine!

http://home.comcast.net/~aeroengine/Deicke.html
    Hi Moses!
    Correct in every sense!
    Your turn my friend....
    Cheers
    BG

Thanks BG.

Here is an easy one to ponder over breakfast (or lunch if you are across the pond). Please press on if you know it as I will be out of pocket until later today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Thanks BG.

Here is an easy one to ponder over breakfast (or lunch if you are across the pond). Please press on if you know it as I will be out of pocket until later today.

Hi Moses!
    This looks to me as a Supermarine "Stranraer" in civilian clothes but something tells me that I'm wrong!
    BG
    After checking up I think I'm right and this should be one of the Canadian Stranraer's with U.S. engines!

It is the Canuck Stranraer. A cold one to BG!