Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Stand by to be Boared

  1. #1

    Stand by to be Boared

    I have done another radar loadout,Neptune, Plus a new pylon for the stock Fw190. it also has "blinkers" to hide Exhaust light from the pilot,I have got more stuff in the works, Which Grizzly (the poor overworked bear) is testing for me now. hope to upload soon.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  2. #2
    looks great.....way to go m8
    r
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

  3. #3
    Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hampstead, North Carolina, USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,205

    Just to remind you ....

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    I have done another radar loadout,Neptune, Plus a new pylon for the stock Fw190. it also has "blinkers" to hide Exhaust light from the pilot,I have got more stuff in the works, Which Grizzly (the poor overworked bear) is testing for me now. hope to upload soon.
    A couple of years ago I made the Neptune, Naxos, and FuG for the 190 and 109 they are over at Regs Hanger. Could you share with me the source you have for the Neptune arrangement on the 190?

  4. #4
    beautifull skin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    A couple of years ago I made the Neptune, Naxos, and FuG for the 190 and 109 they are over at Regs Hanger. Could you share with me the source you have for the Neptune arrangement on the 190?
    Sorry N. I had no idea this had been done before,there are lots of profiles of the port side of this aircraft about, but i came across this plan view on the net.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  6. #6
    re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    downtown L.A.,Ca., usa,'ey?
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,052
    Hey guys... any particular reason ya wouldn't want to put that work towards Jon's(dancat) A8??

    Its only about 10 zillion times more beautiful than stock!!!

  7. #7
    ..i think I did the skin..... way back...then again maby not.....LOL...yours is better jay!!!

    R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    Hey guys... any particular reason ya wouldn't want to put that work towards Jon's(dancat) A8??

    Its only about 10 zillion times more beautiful than stock!!!
    Hi POPS, Never seen this setup on an A-8, but then again, it may have been used on the A-8, going to do this next, when i get more info on the set up,
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  9. #9
    Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hampstead, North Carolina, USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,205

    jaycee

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Hi POPS, Never seen this setup on an A-8, but then again, it may have been used on the A-8, going to do this next, when i get more info on the set up,
    I think we need other models and updates of previous work. I just wanted to see the resource you used to model the Neptune set up. I think the detail you put on the antenna is wonderful. They appear to have a slope and I had not seen that before.

  10. #10
    re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    downtown L.A.,Ca., usa,'ey?
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,052
    Jaycee (& co) always luv yer ideas, no matter how 'er where... Guess I wuz wunderin' whatcher take wuz on Pratt's latest '190s' (they are sum purdy little monsters... surely the best 190s this sim has ever seen!!)....................

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    Jaycee (& co) always luv yer ideas, no matter how 'er where... Guess I wuz wunderin' whatcher take wuz on Pratt's latest '190s' (they are sum purdy little monsters... surely the best 190s this sim has ever seen!!)....................
    Amen to that. pop. are there more? ,i only have one.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    I think we need other models and updates of previous work. I just wanted to see the resource you used to model the Neptune set up. I think the detail you put on the antenna is wonderful. They appear to have a slope and I had not seen that before.
    This is the Main one i used, its always good to get another persons perspective on things, now you mention it i think i have maybe exagerated the slope a bit (especially on the fusalage).
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  13. #13

    Dancat's FW 190

    Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    Hey guys... any particular reason ya wouldn't want to put that work towards Jon's(dancat) A8??

    Its only about 10 zillion times more beautiful than stock!!!
    Hi Guys
    Did I miss something ? Is Jon's FW190 available for download ? WHERE ?
    Thanks and have always good flying
    Cristiano "Astore"
    Mai lasciar morire il fanciullo che in noi

    The child who is inside us, never let him die

  14. #14
    another skin
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  15. #15
    Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hampstead, North Carolina, USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,205

    Slope

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    another skin

    I have actual photos of 190's with the Neptune and from what I can see they are perpendicular not sloped. That is the problem using profiles, they are someone's interpretation of what things looked like.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    I have actual photos of 190's with the Neptune and from what I can see they are perpendicular not sloped. That is the problem using profiles, they are someone's interpretation of what things looked like.
    Hi N. i have never seen an actual photo just profiles. Are they all perpendicular? on the wings as well?.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  17. #17
    Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hampstead, North Carolina, USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,205

    Aerials

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Hi N. i have never seen an actual photo just profiles. Are they all perpendicular? on the wings as well?.
    The fuselage aerials are perpendicular and as you have it in a straight line. The wing aerials are perpendicular. In some photos they appear in a straight line as the aerials are for the FuG 217 warning radar set. On others they appear at an angle as you have them. I feel confident that they are perpendicular. Whether they are straight front to back or on an angle like you have them is unclear. They could have been both as a great deal of experimentation was done to achieve the best possible results. I'll search around to see if there are other photos to clear the issue up.

    Wrote too fast. Found these on LEMB. The wing aerials are in a straight line and perpendicular. Lucky I guess.

    On another note, the skin is great!

  18. #18
    re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    downtown L.A.,Ca., usa,'ey?
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,052
    Jaycee--guys... some really nice stuff happenin' here!!
    ...as far as the Dancat 190's, A wee spot of encouragement and I'm fairly certain he'd let one of us upload the A-8 ...and I think perhaps the D-9 ain't far behind (some pickies on his personal page)

    Jaycee, if you don't have the A-8, pm me and I'll get permission to send it to ya...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    The fuselage aerials are perpendicular and as you have it in a straight line. The wing aerials are perpendicular. In some photos they appear in a straight line as the aerials are for the FuG 217 warning radar set. On others they appear at an angle as you have them. I feel confident that they are perpendicular. Whether they are straight front to back or on an angle like you have them is unclear. They could have been both as a great deal of experimentation was done to achieve the best possible results. I'll search around to see if there are other photos to clear the issue up.

    Wrote too fast. Found these on LEMB. The wing aerials are in a straight line and perpendicular. Lucky I guess.

    On another note, the skin is great!
    Thanks N. OH well back to the drawingboard. its alway's the same with me, hours and hours of searching, and never to find the right reference until the projects finnished,LOL.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    Jaycee--guys... some really nice stuff happenin' here!!
    ...as far as the Dancat 190's, A wee spot of encouragement and I'm fairly certain he'd let one of us upload the A-8 ...and I think perhaps the D-9 ain't far behind (some pickies on his personal page)

    Jaycee, if you don't have the A-8, pm me and I'll get permission to send it
    to ya...
    TY, Pop, i have it.and what a little beauty.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnybengt View Post
    ..i think I did the skin..... way back...then again maby not.....LOL...yours is better jay!!!

    R
    Sorry Ron i never knew you did this skin. mines wont be better. just an alternitive.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  22. #22
    no needs for sorry....I ve allways looked at ya creations and learned alot from em...CUDOS m8...



    R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

  23. #23
    Thanks Nacht for the heads up. Neptune has been amended.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

  24. #24
    Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hampstead, North Carolina, USA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,205

    Resources

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Thanks N. OH well back to the drawingboard. its alway's the same with me, hours and hours of searching, and never to find the right reference until the projects finnished,LOL.
    One of the best on the web:

    http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forums/index.php

    These guys are a group of historians, modelers, and WW2 experts who are invaluable.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    One of the best on the web:

    http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forums/index.php

    These guys are a group of historians, modelers, and WW2 experts who are invaluable.
    Thanks again N.looks like a good un, i may join later when i have time.
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

Similar Threads

  1. ... and to the Republic for Which We Stand ...
    By Milton Shupe in forum FS 2002/2004 General Discussion
    Replies: 366
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2014, 06:25
  2. Stand Up fsafranek
    By Motormouse in forum FS 2002/2004 General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 29th, 2012, 18:11
  3. The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors
    By PRB in forum Naval HQ. and Shipyard
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 21st, 2011, 08:47
  4. Stand by your Man
    By Wing_Z in forum The NewsHawks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2009, 11:26

Members who have read this thread: 0

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •